Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

Guest TheLegend

What other Greek forward can place a ball so perfectly and with his bad foot. Players like Salpi rely on ripping the shot in a 1v1 and it hopefully going on target.

Everyone doesnt give Samaras the credit he deserves, hes a good player, very talented, but I do think Man City put him at Celtic hoping he does good and being able to sell him for as much as they purchased for him. Better for him. City is going nowhere, may be having a good season now but probably wont be in Europe and no trophies for sure. Celtic have their cup, season, and play in the CL.

Guest TheLegend

It isn't fair or reasonable to expect a foward to score playing 30 minutes a game. Hopefully his coach and fans realize that... I think soon hell be playing more and starting some games. The SPL is weird.... Teams hammer goals in....Celtic can win 5-0 than lose 3-0 to a bottom table team...

He pushed his hair back his left ear with his left hand - twice.

In the 81st min he winked at a ginger-haired woman in the stands as well.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you crack me up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that was a good one :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

haha must admit that was quiet funny..

samaras did not do much when he came on.. his team were already up 5-1 when he came on with 24 mins left + injury time.. no more goals were scored..

he didnt really adapt to the game, he went to take on a player who hacked him and won the free kick, thats probably his best moment - if you call it that..

i wonder if his performance will give him a permanent position on the bench?

i would also like to take this oppurtunity to apologise for idiotic posts in the past week or 2 involving mainly "Legend and I" it will stop on my behalf and i will stick to the game

dude - tottenham just laid out 13.5 million euro for a right fullback that was playing in the scottish premier league.

i would imagine that they consider that league possessing quality.

You're kidding right??? The Greek league is vastly superior to the Scottish league! Celtic and Rangers are decent sides (would probably challenge for the Greek league title, but i don't think they'd win it), the rest of those teams are comprised of bums!!! Did you see Samaras' goal for Celtic? That was easier than the Sunday league down the road from me.

anyways, good to see the deviate lecher managing the citizens get a deserved beating today. someone's got to tell sven, no samaras = good luck with vassell.

So first the Man City fans give up on Samaras, then Pearce gives up on him, then Sven gives up on him, then Otto gives up on him... but everyone is deluded and he's a great talent. :unsure: As for Vassell, he scored in Man City's 2-1 win over Man Utd at Old Trafford. :rolleyes:

Hey DUDE Otto has NOT given up on Samaras; what the hell are you talking about? Where do you come up with this crap? If you hate this guy so much why do you bother to come in here?

He used to be a starter for Greece, now he's 4th or 5th choice... That's practically giving up.

And what do you mean I hate him? I love the guy, I just don't rate him. There's a difference!

There's no such thing as "practically given up"; either he has or he hasn't. Let me explain something, because some posts in here have been totally ridiculous. First off, based on the interviews he's given, Samaras has not given any indication that he's arrogant; so the people who have been coming in here w/ this opinion are basing it on an illusion that they created. In an interview he did about a year ago he explained the difference between Dutch football and English football. He developed his skills in the Netherlands, where they concentrate on technique: passing, positioning, etc. The English game is almost the opposite: more physical, running faster, jumping higher, etc. When a player goes from one country to another where the game is different, its difficult to adapt. It doesn't mean the guy sucks or he can't play, it might just be that he will eventually go to a league where his style of play will be a better fit like Serie A. Now why this is so COMPLICATED for people to understand I have no idea. His move to Celtic is good for now because he will most likely get more playing time and be ready for this summer.

There's no such thing as "practically given up"; either he has or he hasn't. Let me explain something, because some posts in here have been totally ridiculous. First off, based on the interviews he's given, Samaras has not given any indication that he's arrogant; so the people who have been coming in here w/ this opinion are basing it on an illusion that they created. In an interview he did about a year ago he explained the difference between Dutch football and English football. He developed his skills in the Netherlands, where they concentrate on technique: passing, positioning, etc. The English game is almost the opposite: more physical, running faster, jumping higher, etc. When a player goes from one country to another where the game is different, its difficult to adapt. It doesn't mean the guy sucks or he can't play, it might just be that he will eventually go to a league where his style of play will be a better fit like Serie A. Now why this is so COMPLICATED for people to understand I have no idea. His move to Celtic is good for now because he will most likely get more playing time and be ready for this summer.

Personally, I've never said he's arrogant. But he is lazy, and unless you are an amazingly gifted talent that's something you cannot have in modern football. On top of that he has no physical presence whatsoever. He's weak and slow and his finishing isn't very good either. If he was at Levadiako instead of Celtic we wouldn't even be talking about this kid.

When he first went to City I was the only one saying he wasn't good enough, you all mocked me. The City fans turned on him, you all said they were idiots and the only reason he wasn't playing well was because the players around him weren't offering the necessary support. Pundits like Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen were saying he isn't good enough for the Prem, followed by Pearce giving up on him and the media labelling him in the worst 100 premiership transfers ever and you all said they were idiots. Sven gave him a chance before giving up on him and you all criticise the Swede. He's now 5th choice in Otto's striking line up but you're all still adament that he's a paixtara. At what point will you admit he isn't good enough? Does he have to sign for Ioniko for you to realise it?

Well the simple fact is he's still only 22; he's got a ways to go but already you've given up on him. I've watched him numerous times w/ Manchester and he had a good number of games where he played well. There were also times where he just wasn't cutting it. The thing people seem to forget is the fact that Manchester went through a bad spell; the WHOLE team sucked! Then they went through this transition period. Why anyone would think that this kind of thing is easy for a player to go through is beyond me. And as far as Stuart Pearce goes, you know what? I think he's at best average. Barely. The team didn't seem to have any tactical sense w/ him; so who cares about his opinion? Otto will not start Samaras at this point in time because he hasn't hit peak form yet, so that makes sense.

I've watched him numerous times w/ Manchester and he had a good number of games where he played well.

Would you care to quote specific examples, because I live in the UK and watch extended highlights of all the Premiership games every week and I can only remember 3 games where he played well. Charlton, Sunderland and West Ham.

Well the simple fact is he's still only 22; he's got a ways to go but already you've given up on him.

You know it'll be a nice weathered-day when you see dawn. (Just doesn't have the same impact in an English translation does it?) :P

22 is not that young (and he's 23 in a few days). We are not discussing a 19 year old here. He's older than Rooney, exactly one year younger than Adebayor, 2 years older than Ben Arfa and Benzema, etc. These players are great players/prospects and you say "Samaras is still young". Young enough for what? Young enough to develop into an average player?

There were also times where he just wasn't cutting it. The thing people seem to forget is the fact that Manchester went through a bad spell; the WHOLE team sucked! Then they went through this transition period.

They went through a bad spell and he was crap. They went through an average spell where they weren't losing but couldn't score either and he was crap. They went through a transitional stage and he was crap. And they went through a s%$#! hot phase this season when they were 4th and had the best home record in the league (played 9, won 9), and he was crap!

And as far as Stuart Pearce goes, you know what? I think he's at best average. Barely. The team didn't seem to have any tactical sense w/ him; so who cares about his opinion?

Stuart Pearce is below average! And that's further reinforced by the fact that he paid

DUDE yeah so you're judging the guy based on extended highlights. How do you do that? You can't tell how a player really does just from highlights. And yes he played well for most of the second half of the season when he first arrived (he came in starting January). And comparing him to Rooney or Adebayor is silly; different players develop at different times.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic