Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

Guest TheLegend

lol do you even know much about samaras?

the guy hardly scored a goal last season and was a regular starter.. he is not a good player.. was okay in holland.. showed promise but he has changed..

look at milan baros in euro 2004 and look at him in the past 4 years..

the only difference is smaras was no where as near as good as baros...

samaras is lucky... VERY lucky to be able to play at celtic...

bolton, middlesborough and birmingham will not get relegated.. all these teams are too good for him but were willing to have him as a starting striker.

you watch when samaras contract expires at manchester city.. sven will have a massive smile on his face kick samaras out on his ass and will say to all his players at training "well we finally got rid of that bad smell that hung around"

you think man city will extend his contract?? hahahahaha

you need to learn a bit more about football before you try put others in their place

Lol nice job with your smart ass know it all attitude.

Dont try to ###### act smarter than everyone alright.

K bye.

Your telling me he doesnt have potential?

DID YOU watch him in holland where he was "alright"

did you see some goals he scored for city?

re manga stop acting like a know it all. You hate samaras and thats final. not gona change anything. Id rather have him on NT than trash bag PAO palyer salpi

lol do you even know much about samaras?

the guy hardly scored a goal last season and was a regular starter.. he is not a good player.. was okay in holland.. showed promise but he has changed..

look at milan baros in euro 2004 and look at him in the past 4 years..

the only difference is smaras was no where as near as good as baros...

samaras is lucky... VERY lucky to be able to play at celtic...

bolton, middlesborough and birmingham will not get relegated.. all these teams are too good for him but were willing to have him as a starting striker.

you watch when samaras contract expires at manchester city.. sven will have a massive smile on his face kick samaras out on his ass and will say to all his players at training "well we finally got rid of that bad smell that hung around"

you think man city will extend his contract?? hahahahaha

you need to learn a bit more about football before you try put others in their place

Lol nice job with your smart ass know it all attitude.

Dont try to ###### act smarter than everyone alright.

K bye.

Your telling me he doesnt have potential?

DID YOU watch him in holland where he was "alright"

did you see some goals he scored for city?

re manga stop acting like a know it all. You hate samaras and thats final. not gona change anything. Id rather have him on NT than trash bag PAO palyer salpi

:LOL:

i didnt mean for you to lose any sleep over this my friend

i dont hate samaras.. i dont even hate my enemy... why would i hate samaras.?

i am just clearly not a fan of this player and i cant see why a lot of people are...?

im not going to write my reasons all over again.. you can read all my posts in january and you will know why.. he is not national team material and is very lucky to be accepted by celtic and get offers from any other epl club - which he rejected!

so dont cry or take me to dr phil or anything because i dont hate him... this is a forum about samaras and i am approaching it in a critics point of view.. debates are always welcome so long as the language is down and no harrassment of any form.

Guest TheLegend

So your saying that your the only one that knows his potential. Not Mcleish, Southgate, even Pearce and Erikson and all these other coaches.

They are all wrong about him?

hes 22.. he has potential.

and comparing him to Salpigidis once he starts playing agian he will show why he is WAY better than him. Salpigidis may run around alot but samaras is a much more skilled player. He just needs a team to play and rebuild his name/form

Celtic seems like the team

i think its a given that he was gonna need time to adjust to the british game..but i still don't think it suits his style. samaras is a big forward who plays well with his back ot the goal a la mantzio, he is one of the best at bringiing down and controlling long balls and maintaining possession.

i still think he needs experience and work to develop that goal scorer's instinct

Guest TheLegend

There have been many big players who couldnt or cant play in England. Different styles of play in differenct league. Because he only scored 18 goals in 50 games (at least 15-20 of which he was sub) it isnt that bad.

Thats what I heard his record was. Plus he scored some sick goals in some games. I remember Man. City v West Ham. Hes very talented needs a good team ina better league for his game

Not sure if this footage made TV in Greece or elsewhere, but this is Samaras entering the Motherwell stadium for his first game for Celtic on Wednesday night. The game was cancelled 10 minutes later, but he will remember this moment.

Let's just say he is a bit taller than the average Scot! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCcEmbseiI

Guest TheLegend

why would he be int he squad?

He hasnt been playing but hes been training unlike belluschi who didnt train with a team all summer practically.

why would he be int he squad?

He hasnt been playing but hes been training unlike belluschi who didnt train with a team all summer practically.

Celtic have loads of strikers available, I just can't see him settling there. Maybe he will but Celtic looks packed with strikers.

New Celtic recruit Georgios Samaras made an instant impact by grabbing a debut goal as Kilmarnock were crushed in the Scottish Cup at Rugby Park.

The striker rounded off the fifth-round rout when he came off the bench late on, replacing Scott McDonald who had already claimed a double.

Source and full story.

He came in as a sub in the 67th. :)

Silly move, 0 chance to play.

I think he will play at Celtic and he will do very well... leading to the delusion among many Greek fans (and probably Otto too) that he's amazing all of a sudden.

But, congrats to him on his goal today.

Guest TheLegend

Good start for him. Despire the scoreline I see Samaras slowly getting into form and playing good. But he needs starts because you cant rely on strikers to go in for 25 minutes every game and score.

At that rate you should be happy if he scores once every 4 games because thats like a guy playing a whole game scoring once a game.

Maybe he will play idk. But if he doesnt play people cant expect him to score goals.

Kilmarnock 1-5 Celtic

New striker Georgios Samaras made an instant impact by grabbing a debut goal as Celtic thrashed Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup fifth round at Rugby Park.

Read the full article and listen to the interview with Celtic manager Gordon Strachan here. He comments Samaras' performance around 1:10 far in the interview.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic