Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

His career is starting to resemble that of Charisteas. Every year he'll be on another team and then eventually he'll come to Greece and everyone will herald him as the "big" player who has played on 14 great teams (as opposed to making his mark on one team).

A player has to prove himself in training to get the respect and trust of his teammates and manager. You can't expect to be given an opportunity if you dont prove yourself in training.

I think we (the greek media and people) blew him up to something unbelievable without taking the time to fully examine his abilities. Now we are all disappointed that he isnt reaching the level we thought he was already playing at.

this is very true..but remember the kid is only 22...he has a long time left to make an impact...but for this to happen, he will have to work hard...england was a bad place for him to go in the first place...i knew he would never prosper in the league..he should go to spain, i believe he would have much mre success and grow to be a much better player then in england...i hope his prosposed move to espanyol happends bc i would hate to see a promising 22 yr-old rot on the bench...

Ive given up on Samaras. Ive supported him through hes hole shitty career in the prem. Now that he had a chance for a new begging he does take it? What a idiot. Hes ruined hes career. I give up on him. Hes got a week to get outta manchester and earn my respect again. He hurting the national team. I dont care if hes sitting on the bench in what some people say is the best league in the world. It doesnt mean hes good enough to wear the greece jersey. Id rather him starting at Paok then him being 23rd on the depth chart for strikers at man city.

best comment ive heard on samaras...

samaras is a kreas and he thinks his s%$#! doesnt stink because man city are doing okay this season.. he's just that type of player..

if man city are in the bottom half of the table next year... samaras will want to leave...

grow mal...aka.. samara..

he thinks like a kid and he is still hoping for his first pubic hair

samaras is a kreas and he thinks his s%$#! doesnt stink because man city are doing okay this season.. he's just that type of player..

I don't think he's at all big headed, he actually seems like a very nice and humble young man. In the world of international sport this can backfire sometimes as he lacks that competitive edge.

Anyway, new rumour out today. He's been linked with Glasgow Rangers. Good team, s%$#! league. He'd be better off going to Greece imo if it came to that.

Espanyol is the best move on the cards for him.

I don't think he's at all big headed, he actually seems like a very nice and humble young man.

haha he seems nice and humble young man?

well if we're on the topic of "he seems"

HE SEEMS like a homosexual model on some cheap fashion channel in paris.

according to an article i have just read, he has attracted interest from 3 good clubs (dont know why)

middlesborough, bolton, rangers..

now if he doesnt accept one of these offers.. i think otto rehagle shouldnt even bring him to austria / switzerland

wake up and smell the coffee.. your not even good enough for these teams and they are willing to take you onboard

accept samara you touvlo!!

you guys shouldnt mix club and country. if samaras plays well on the ethniki i couldnt care less if he doesnt have a team at all. charisteas scored crucial goals coming off a garbage season at werder and being #4 striker there.

he will be all the more motivated. dont forget his pass was half of amantidis goal in turkey. whoi cares for premier league football in comparison to that?

you guys shouldnt mix club and country. if samaras plays well on the ethniki i couldnt care less if he doesnt have a team at all. charisteas scored crucial goals coming off a garbage season at werder and being #4 striker there.

he will be all the more motivated. dont forget his pass was half of amantidis goal in turkey. whoi cares for premier league football in comparison to that?

a striker should know how to score.. even a defender can pass..

kyrgiakos can score more goals than samaras even though he is a stopper...

charisteas did very well in euro.. your right, but i believe no one took greece seriously enough..

now that theres going to be world class defenders in spain, russia and sweden who all have a lot of club macth time vs world class forwards...

none of them will take greece lightly this time around.. i garantee that.

and what is someone like samaras going to do against those defenders if he has left fart stains and skidmarks on the bench all season..

he needs game time, but by the looks of it he doesnt want to leave manchester city because he enjoys the life in manchester and he wants to tell girls that he plays for the 4th team in england.

samaras = vlamenos

Rumors he is going to Rangers. If that is the case is he not better off playing in Greece???

The UK media is now reporting that he is heading to Celtic instead.

WOW! NICE MOVE! :D

Very random but I love it! I really dont like scottish football in general but this is a perfect move for him. New league, new begining, new chances to show what hes got. Its not like hes moveing to a smaller club either :P

The best part is that he gets CL football.

:gr:

Burns welcomes new bhoys

“Georgios Samaras has joined us and he will go straight into the squad for tomorrow,” said Burns, as he looked ahead to the Fir Park clash. “That’s a good signing for the supporters.”

“Samaras is a player from a good level. He’s been in the English Premiership and he’s done reasonably well there.”

“He’ll find that this club is different, and the demands are different. You have to be a winner at Celtic – it’s not an every week thing, it’s an every day thing.”

Source.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Guest TheLegend

Why is there something wrong with Samaras?

Go look at how amazing he played at Herenveen and then got screwed over by Pearce and Erikson at England. How can you expect a foward to be in good form when he plays once ever month or two. You need to play constantly to play good and "warm up" into the rythym.

Guest TheLegend

Good move for him. He always was talented just needs alot of playing time to develop and hes still very young...

Even so, if he does good at Celtic and can do good in the CL he will attract clubs and rebuild his name

"By the looks of it he doesn't want to leave Manchester" Thats a real sharp observation there levendi. These are some of the STUPIDEST posts I've read anywhere!

are you trying to prove me wrong clover?

for starters his on loan to celtic til the end of season.. he is still a man city player..

and i also stated that he is happy where he is because of the position of his team on the ladder.. he doesnt care about game time.. he just wants to play at a big club..

why do you think he is thrilled to go to cletic = top 2 club in spl.. and in finals of uefa..

why would someone ignore offers from birmingham, middlesborough and bolton who all wanted him as a starting striker???

dont call me stupid.. because you're not bright at all

Edited by levendi2000

Guest TheLegend

Actualy by the looks of it, hed rather play at a "bigger" club or a club in a better position and fight for a spot than have the spot at a smaller team but maybe get relegated or barely avoid it.

Actualy by the looks of it, hed rather play at a "bigger" club or a club in a better position and fight for a spot than have the spot at a smaller team but maybe get relegated or barely avoid it.

lol do you even know much about samaras?

the guy hardly scored a goal last season and was a regular starter.. he is not a good player.. was okay in holland.. showed promise but he has changed..

look at milan baros in euro 2004 and look at him in the past 4 years..

the only difference is smaras was no where as near as good as baros...

samaras is lucky... VERY lucky to be able to play at celtic...

bolton, middlesborough and birmingham will not get relegated.. all these teams are too good for him but were willing to have him as a starting striker.

you watch when samaras contract expires at manchester city.. sven will have a massive smile on his face kick samaras out on his ass and will say to all his players at training "well we finally got rid of that bad smell that hung around"

you think man city will extend his contract?? hahahahaha

you need to learn a bit more about football before you try put others in their place

I'm glad Samaras did not crumble under the pressure from Sven and move ASAP. The boy waited played the transfer window perfectly now finds himself with the best team in their league with a mnager who will start him right away and he get Champion Leagues action to boot.

I believe this was a great move by Samaras' agent and personal team. If the young man is ready pull up the PROVERBIAL work boots and bust his hump. The next couple of weeks could be very profitable.

In league games playing vs the weaker teams in Scotland and hopefully finding his confidence and touch ( remember he had a great start with City) he should bag some goals. The playing Champions League is great exposure as well, one Collosal upset of Barca and who knows. All this can benefit the Ethniki as well!

The Samaras camp has rolled the dice and Giorgios must come up BIG.

Good luck to Samaras

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic