Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

theres no hope there? What does that article prove? that he said hes gonna stay commited? That does mean anything.. its not liek hes gonna say .. im not deticated to the team.

I hate to say it but theres no hope for giorgios at manchester ... and this awful for the national team :tdown:

The word "idiot" comes to mind! I've always said that he doesn't deserve a place on the ethniki, not because of ability but his weakness and poor work rate render him ineffective... of course this is just my opinion, it's not like we have a wealth of talent up front so giving him chances was understandable, even if it wouldn't have been my approach... but now he REALLY should not get a look in at all! I mean, he's put himself in a position where he won't get playing time, why? Because he gets great wages that's why! When City came in for him he practically rebelled at Heerenveen so he could make a move, now all these very good clubs (Boro, Betis, Lens, and BENFICA(!)) wanted him and he decided to stay and chase the contract? I'm so disappointed in him. If Gekas carries on his great form at Leverkusen, while Lybe is top scorer in Greece, and Salpi is contesting him at PAO (like last year beasically), how can a player that won't be on the pitch justify a place??

I'm really gutted. I was so excited at the prospect of him revitalising his career. :tdown:

The word "idiot" comes to mind! I've always said that he doesn't deserve a place on the ethniki, not because of ability but his weakness and poor work rate render him ineffective... of course this is just my opinion, it's not like we have a wealth of talent up front so giving him chances was understandable, even if it wouldn't have been my approach... but now he REALLY should not get a look in at all! I mean, he's put himself in a position where he won't get playing time, why? Because he gets great wages that's why! When City came in for him he practically rebelled at Heerenveen so he could make a move, now all these very good clubs (Boro, Betis, Lens, and BENFICA(!)) wanted him and he decided to stay and chase the contract? I'm so disappointed in him. If Gekas carries on his great form at Leverkusen, while Lybe is top scorer in Greece, and Salpi is contesting him at PAO (like last year beasically), how can a player that won't be on the pitch justify a place??

I'm really gutted. I was so excited at the prospect of him revitalising his career. :tdown:

Although I really like this player and have given him the benefit of the doubt in my previous posts, I have to agree with you 100% on this one. Benfica would have been perfect for him, and in my eyes Benfica is a better team tha Man City.

• 2 weeks later...

aekrossoponti thats not that good of a point because the difference is, Samaras isn't the number 4 striker, he won't even be CALLED. Charisteas was on the bench but he did get playing time; Samaras will get nothing.

That's true, however, some players would want to prove themselves in the only opportunity they get, which could make him dangerous! If he has any pride at all, he is a wounded animal right now ready to strike! The problem is, however, if Gekas, Lybe, Amanatidis & Salpi are playing well for their clubs then it's tough to justify Samaras' place in the team. I've criticised him ALOT in the past but that's only because he frustrates me. He has talent but isn't effective. I don't go on alot about Haristea, for example, because he has numerous limitations but at least he works hard.

If Samaras strengthened, worked on his finishing a little and improved his fitness and work rate he could be a BIG player for us and his team! He is (potentially) capable of becoming the next Berbatov! He has to work hard off the pitch to improve & work even harder on it to deliver. Maybe he needs to go on loan to re-find his feet? One thing's for sure though... he HAS to work harder off the pitch & on it.

Samaras will be playing tonight and Sven will be giving him another chance!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...2176511,00.html

I'm trembling with excitement!!!

GIORGO GERA!!!!!!

This is his last chance! He better approach this like it's a final! I'm excited but also nervous for him. He has the talent to be as good as Berbatov imo, he has to grasp that talent! Man City at home against 2nd division opposition (good opposition, but 2nd division nonetheless). Score 1 goal and he'll get another chance, score 2 goals and he's in the team for Saturday, score a hatrick & bring on Turkey! :P

i disagee mate, even if he scores i still don't think sven will pick him on saturday, its a shame because i think he's better than vassell and mpenza

I dont think that he is better than Vassel...He is young and he can become better and better,but now he is not at his level

ADDA BE GIORGIOS!! :gr: :tup: :gr:

Il be honest with u guys.. i gave up on giorgios career a few weeks ago. Before he was one of my favorties. i HOPE this is good for him :gr:

Sven was saying some good things about him. I doubt hell br in the lineup this weekend to tell u the truth, but hopefully soon :D

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic