Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

Well I read it in The Daily Mirror (a British newspaper), and you know what the British press is like... the reason I believed it however is because a significant proportion of the City fans dont like him either.

Yeah I know what the infamous British press is like.

2nd worst in the world - after the Greek press when it comes to rumours/innuendos/slurs and lies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played the last half hour in Man Citys loss against Reading. Played amazing, almost scored on his first touch. He needs to be started.

TI m#$%!S EINAI O GERMANOS POU TON EDIOKSE APO TIN OMADA... :tdown: :angry:

Ela re file... amazing... he made a diff but dont get carried away! He should not be starting for Greece. Lybe and Salpi should

Played the last half hour in Man Citys loss against Reading. Played amazing, almost scored on his first touch. He needs to be started.

TI m#$%!S EINAI O GERMANOS POU TON EDIOKSE APO TIN OMADA... :tdown:  :angry:

Ela re file... amazing... he made a diff but dont get carried away! He should not be starting for Greece. Lybe and Salpi should
thats y we should have a 4-3-3 allowing samaras to start

thats y we should have a 4-3-3 allowing samaras to start

Ok fair enough that could work, but no Amanatidi? Samaras is immensley talented but he's lazy. And we arent good enough to have a player that just disappears. We cant afford to have that. :( He has to pull his socks up! I'm glad he's been dropped by Otto and Pearce it might give him the kick up the arse he needs!

Ok fair enough that could work, but no Amanatidi? Samaras is immensley talented but he's lazy. And we arent good enough to have a player that just disappears. We cant afford to have that. :( He has to pull his socks up! I'm glad he's been dropped by Otto and Pearce it might give him the kick up the arse he needs!

I suppose

I suppose

Well as you say, since he's been coming off the bench in the last 2 games he's been at his most effective for a long time so maybe its working! Imagine how good he'll be if he puts in the effort that players like Salpi and Pap put in... He'd be lethal!

Well its only Chesterfield, but he still did his job...

Well not exactly! Samaras scored a tap in after the ball rebounded off the post... I'm not criticising him for that, its his job to be in the right place, but Man City did lose 2-1 to Chesterfield!!! Shouldnt an international striker offered abit more than a tap in? He's soooo lazy, and when Pearce is sacked this year Samara will be on his way out!!!

I disagree.

I really hope you're right re file, but Pearce is a huge fan of Samaras and even he has dropped him. I just dont think he's cut out for the physicallity and work ethic of the Prem. I really hope he proves me wrong. Do you know if he'll be back in the Greece squad for the game against Norway?

I really hope you're right re file, but Pearce is a huge fan of Samaras and even he has dropped him. I just dont think he's cut out for the physicallity and work ethic of the Prem. I really hope he proves me wrong. Do you know if he'll be back in the Greece squad for the game against Norway?

No I dont think he will be back for the Greece game.

I think he will be in the starting 11 for City within a short time ;)

Edited by paok4

TWRA PERIMENOUME TO m#$%! TO GERMANO NA TON KSANAVALEI STIN ETHNIKI.

As you know, I too am in disagreement with the way Otto has handled certain things but with the Samaras saga he's been spot on! He should earn his way back, and it appears to be working.

This ought to give his critics something to think about. According to the Man City homepage he is the leading goalscorer of this season threatened only by a midfielder (not Corradi or Dickov). I sure hope this will keep him at it!

I also have to say that Corradi and Samaras team up as the best looking attacking duo in the Premiership! :ph34r:

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic