Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

Thats because they think that just because he didnt play well one game, they think he isnt a good player overall. He has scored 7 goals, what more do they want?

I agree file, he has talent. I think the problem is that he was hyped up too much, and the fans expected him to be a finished article. He should have been portrayed as a promising youngster. I hope the pressure doesnt get to him!

yes, samaras was bad against arsenal.

samaras' injury and time off seemed to take the wind out of his sails. it must also be noted that samaras is playing on a side with alot of uncertainty and negativity surrounding barton and few other players.

samaras was a non-factor in city's last few matches, where everyone seemed to be looking forward to their summer holidays. despite this, he is greece's best forward and should be a shoo-in as a starter in the greece 11.

If Samaras is performing like this come the qualifiers there is no way he should start! You say he's playing in a side with a lot of negativity, well top strikers drag their team through situations like that, not go missing. Shearer at Newcastle for example. Haristeas stats have been impressive this year, and Amanatidis has been exceptional all year! They should start. At the moment, Samaras is playing like a lazy striker with no hunger. For a team like Greece that has no width and problems providing the strikers with an abundance of chances the striker needs to be hard-working, and Samaras isn't. If he doesnt improve he'll be missing in the qualifiers.

You make out as if Samaras is an exceptional player, in reality he is a decent youngster. If we still had Nikolaidis, and Vryzas he wouldn't get a look in! In fact, if Konstantinou and Okkas were eligible Samaras wouldnt get a look in either on current performances!!! Amanatidis is the new man for Greece not Samaras.

• 3 weeks later...

Samaras is good and has only shown glimpses of his potential. Most of the time he's just too nervous, same with Gekas and Tavlaridis (I'm refering to his national team play, not club). They just need to get those jitters out of them. Amanatidis doesn't seem to be too involved in most of our games, infact I think hes touched the ball once and it was way back against Denmark when he had a half decent chance to score. He just needs more time to play, hopefully he will against England since it's his last chance to prove what he's about. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the future of our offence, but he is a promising player for the role.

Edited by aek21

Samaras is good and has only shown glimpses of his potential. Most of the time he's just too nervous, same with Gekas and Tavlaridis (I'm refering to his national team play, not club). They just need to get those jitters out of them. Amanatidis doesn't seem to be too involved in most of our games, infact I think hes touched the ball once and it was way back against Denmark when he had a half decent chance to score. He just needs more time to play, hopefully he will against England since it's his last chance to prove what he's about. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the future of our offence, but he is a promising player for the role.

Totally agree, Amanatidis could be an essential element!

• 1 month later...

Now that Man. City have signed the Italian striker Bernardo Corradi from Valencia, I hope Giorgos "The Samari" Samaras doesn't get squeezed out of the picture.

Does anyone know if he has a nickname?

I am kidding about calling him "The Samari", but maybe we can start calling him "Samurai". But only if he starts kickin' /\SS! :box:

if Konstantinou and Okkas were eligible Samaras wouldnt get a look in either on current performances!!! Amanatidis is the new man for Greece not Samaras.

yo watever it is youre smoking pass that shiittttttt

Okkas? Mr. Katsiki? ETHNIKI ELLADOS????? Okkas and Kota-dinou would do jackshit for us.....Ill admit he can be good in the air on occasion and knows how to dribble...good on a wing i could maybe see...as a striker forget it. with Samaras, Amanatidis, Charisteas, Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis even Gkekas & Pappas are so much more worthy to play...

the national team does not make enough opportunities to be able for those 2 clowns to blow! Okkas must have had that whole commercial of Propo "tetoies eukairies den xanetai" for himself! last season he got better but kotadinou did only ok...but the combined missing easy chances of those two is something a defensive team like ours cannot afford.

And Samaras is a good talent, not many players his age get imported into the premiership on big moves thats rare.

yo watever it is youre smoking pass that shiittttttt

Okkas? Mr. Katsiki? ETHNIKI ELLADOS????? Okkas and Kota-dinou would do jackshit for us.....Ill admit he can be good in the air on occasion and knows how to dribble...good on a wing i could maybe see...as a striker forget it. with Samaras, Amanatidis, Charisteas, Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis even Gkekas & Pappas are so much more worthy to play...

the national team does not make enough opportunities to be able for those 2 clowns to blow! Okkas must have had that whole commercial of Propo "tetoies eukairies den xanetai" for himself! last season he got better but kotadinou did only ok...but the combined missing easy chances of those two is something a defensive team like ours cannot afford.

I disagree, Okkas' work rate is excellent, his movement is very good, his ball control/dribbling skills are effective, and he's exceptionally clever. He's not a goal scorer but is very effective at what he does. Konstantinou is not the player he used to be but his strike rate is proven at both domestic and international level. Last season he was injured for 3 months (if I'm not mistaken) and he still got goals when he got back.

And Samaras is a good talent, not many players his age get imported into the premiership on big moves thats rare.

So what????? When Okkas was a youngster he was flying! Kaiserslautern made an official offer to Salamina and when he was at Anorthosis Leverkusen made an offer and Juventus were keeping tabs! Having promise and potential, and fulfilling it are two different things. I dont doubt Samaras' talent, I doubt his readiness. He is lazy, weak on the ball and inconsistent.

So what????? When Okkas was a youngster he was flying! Kaiserslautern made an official offer to Salamina and when he was at Anorthosis Leverkusen made an offer and Juventus were keeping tabs! Having promise and potential, and fulfilling it are two different things. I dont doubt Samaras' talent, I doubt his readiness. He is lazy, weak on the ball and inconsistent.

when he was a youngseter.......ever since.....he moved to PAOK where he did well, and then played for AEK where he was horrendous, then played for OSFP where he was worse, and last season he finally looked decent. He can dribble and move when hes in the right spot, which is why he should be a winger or attacking midfielder....No way a striker!

As for Kotadinou hes had one good season since 2001. With thrinos he was ok, not special not awful...

and your telling me SAMARAS is the inconsistent one? So youd rather have the two most inconsitent striking losers in the league? Or one half inconsistent young talent playing in holland and the EPL..... let me think about that one...SAMARAS.

There are rumours circulating in England suggesting that since City have signed Corradi, Dikov and have Cole back from injury and they now have 5 strikers (along with Vassell and Samaras), Stuart Pearce has given Samaras a last chance to impress or he'll be shown the door!

Will this finally make him pull his socks up and improve his workrate or is laziness something you just cant change, i.e. Lyperopoulos? Where would he go if this happens??? He's too lazy to be signed in the Prem, too expensive for Greece, will he end up back in Holland? :unsure:

That would be shocking after paying all that dough for him last year

To give up on a kid who did fairly well after being thrusted into a starting role last year?????????????????????????????

10 starts - 4 goals

Also he is the only young player of the 5 mentioned.

But stranger things have happened - I still think this kid will be sensational :tup:

There are rumours circulating in England suggesting that since City have signed Corradi, Dikov and have Cole back from injury and they now have 5 strikers (along with Vassell and Samaras), Stuart Pearce has given Samaras a last chance to impress or he'll be shown the door!

Will this finally make him pull his socks up and improve his workrate or is laziness something you just cant change, i.e. Lyperopoulos? Where would he go if this happens??? He's too lazy to be signed in the Prem, too expensive for Greece, will he end up back in Holland? :unsure:

you have to be kidding me. Whoever Man City's coach his, hes a ###### retard

Samaras has been there a half season, and is only 20 years old !!?@?! and he still did pretty well and even scored today!! and already saying its time to leave???

now i hope he does leave the team, and goes somewhere were hell be supported...... :tdown:

Give them HELL Giorgo!

also i dont know about Lyberopoulos being lazy... :huh: hes been class for PAO, AEK...

he is a very good, talented, smart player...i hope they work it out and he doesnt sit on the bench, but if he were to leave i think he could end up on a better team and start...im sure theyre's more than a couple coaches out there with an eye on this kid......Good Luck bro..................

Are you sure these rumours aren't just bullsh it? I've watched him and he's had a damn good start.

Well I read it in The Daily Mirror (a British newspaper), and you know what the British press is like... the reason I believed it however is because a significant proportion of the City fans dont like him either.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic