Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

i dont want to criticize. but i just hope he doesn tturn out to become to much of an ego player. could have passed on his goal. that he got the rebound was lucky. else vassel would have been angry and rightfully so.

world class against the swede though. he has to be the best striker we have at the moment. no question!

Subbed in and out in a loss - nursing the injury mentioned above - but I found this interesting - our players are pretty popular abroad - Gianakops, Karagounis, Soto and now Samaras

Samaras, however, got his chance when Antoine Sibierski limped off injured with less than a third of the match gone, the home fans delighted after chanting the substitute's name

Subbed in and out in a loss - nursing the injury mentioned above - but I found this interesting - our players are pretty popular abroad - Gianakops, Karagounis, Soto and now Samaras

Samaras, however, got his chance when Antoine Sibierski limped off injured with less than a third of the match gone, the home fans delighted after chanting the substitute's name

He's Great,

He's Greek,

He smashes dinner plates,

SAMARAS! SAMARAS!

terrible news that will cause many to question pearce's intelligence for using samaras against wigan.

samaras can be officially called a 'marked' man as city's danger man..aston villa and wigan seemed eager to go fast and furious with the tackles on samaras. if samaras is to progress, he needs to expect this treatment and learn how to anticipate and avoid these tackles.

maybe the time off will do samaras good. as long as he is 100% fit by sept. qualifiers, no worries.

POLI m#$%!S O PEARCE! Samara had a severely swolen knee and he risked him! What if he's torn a ligament? Kala na pathei pou vgike apo to kipello!

hey it was playing him or BWP, Pearce did what made sense, Samaras with a swollen knee is better than that guy. City don't have very good forwards, atleast not consistent ones. Every game in England you can tear a ligament, besides it's not Pearces fault, Samaras needs to wise up a bit, if you have a swollen knew it is up to you in the end to decide whether or not you should play, no one is putting a gun to his head. I think Pearce is the right coach for Samaras, and will bring out the best in him.

Anyways lucky things didn't turnout worse, and hopefully he will recover.

It looks like Samaras might be ready to play in the game against Middlesbrough.

From BBC site ..

Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras could make a surprise return from injury, while Trevor Sinclair and Antoine Sibierski should make it.

• 3 weeks later...
I've one of his biggest critics here, not because he isnt talented but because he's a bit lazy and weak on the ball. Today he looked broader and fitter, Pearce has got him pumping weights. As for the game, you should've seen what happened! A player was up his arse on the edge of the box with his back to goal. The ball got rolled into him, he let the ball run threw his legs toward his right side, and he spun off to the left. His team mate played it back into his path (so it was kind of like a 1-2), the keeper rushed out and he chipped it over the keeper only for a defender to brilliantly head it out from under the bar. Would have been a sensational goal!

a ball was played in, he dummied it and spun off into space where he received the pass instantly. The keeper came out, samaras chipped it over him and it was going in. It would have been great had the defender not been there to clear it.

SAMARAS = FUTURE OF GREEK STRIKEFORCE...

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic