Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

geia sas

Actually i saw the game Aston Villa - Man city, Good performence by Samaras, ALSO The swedish commentetor was saying GOOD things for him.. He take alot o runs, I mean if he dont have the ball he always want to have it, I really like him..

Saw the Villa game. Samara has alot of talent but he has no passion! He doesn't fight for every ball and when he loses possession (which, let's face it, he does alot) he doesn't chase back! He still needs alot of work.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Agree ! I saw someone who was tended to loaf around when others would chase every ball around them. The English game is tough and physical stamina is one of key determinanats for success in the Premier League. He has to adapt to propser as has Stelios who'se motor never stops. Samaras has the talent to be the best of the intl.-based players but it his intestinal fortitude that will determine if he will meet his full potential or not.

Samaras played excellently in the 1st half. 2 great finishes and some wonderful passing to open up the play. He was easily the best player on the pitch! In the second he started giving the ball away alot and appeared to tire. He's got alot of talent, I just hope he can master it and learn from his mistakes. His movement was still poor and he seems very lazy! He has to improve these aspects of his game!

I don't know about lazy - he hustled his way to the first goal - picking the defence's pocket and putting it home no problem - I think he is cunning not lazy

He did hustle for that goal. But how many times did City break down the wing through Sinclair who waited and waited for Samara to jog in to the box? He doesn't make good runs into the box, or indeed anywhere. You're right though, he is cunning, and that enables him to create space for himself in the hole behind the front man but when it comes to making good runs to get into a goalscoring positions he is poor.

He did hustle for that goal. But how many times did City break down the wing through Sinclair who waited and waited for Samara to jog in to the box? He doesn't make good runs into the box, or indeed anywhere. You're right though, he is cunning, and that enables him to create space for himself in the hole behind the front man but when it comes to making good runs to get into a goalscoring positions he is poor.

this can be taught to the kid...today was a good example of his abilitys and weaknesses...hes needs time but also is one of the most promising in the prem...

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic