Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Aris

CH-Thrylos

the first of our remaining two matches.

stoltidis is supposed to be fit again to play. pantos, mavrogenidis and kostoulas followed special program today.

i am not sure if stoltidis has to play since kafes seemed to me to have made quite a good appearance against panionios.

aris has a lot of problems right now, being relegated most probably and the trouble with the fans. this could be an advantage for us, but it is a cup final and you never know what will happen.

i believe we can do it and grab the first of the two possible titles this year.

osfp - aris 3-1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically Aris will be playing in a playoff to avoid relegation

is that correct??

Aris has had alot of problems this season

the latest is fan violence on there own pitch this past weekend v Iraklis

i expect both clubs to come out with alot of energy but the game will ultimately be won by Olympiakos

they will bring home the 1st of 2 titles this season

lets start racking up the silverware

2-0,osfp.but is not going to be easy especialy with what happen last sunday.osfp has to show character and finish the game early otherwise we will have a derby in our hands.aris players will love to get something positive to finish a really bad year and prove they don t deserve to go to B ethniki.

Oly will come out very strong in the first 20 mins, they will try to finish the game off in the first half, If Aris hold out till then , its going to be a hard struggle...

Aris cant afford to play an expansive game, they will play how all the Greek teams have played this year against us: in their defensive third, and then play the long ball..

I really hope this is not the case... I would really like to see teams go out there and have a go... like in England....

But Otherwise > Rivaldo and Djordjevic will be the difference...

According to livescore this was he score

57' [1 - 0] P. Djordjevic (pen.)

70' [2 - 0] Rivaldo

89' [3 - 0] Rivaldo

They are not very reliable

Match report anybody??

Anyhow the CUP is ours

Thank the Lord

:tup:

Slow first half, we didnt have the imagination nor the quick player to break the defense of Aris. After the entrance of Castillo more noteably and Giovanni as well, things became much easier, and we started to penetrate deeper and deeper in turn creating classic opportunities for a goal and to wrap up the Cup. Great save by Nikopolidis once more, it could have proven to be disasterous.Everyone played well for the most part against a non-existant opponent, Talaridis looked great once more, the usual Brazilian tango, and as always the 2 karafloi doing everything and anything.

STEP ONE TO TOTAL DOMINANCE IS COMPLETE, BRAVO PAIDES !

2005 GREEK CUP WINNERS, PAME GIA TO DOUBLE !

Fans chanting "Dusko, Dusko" when Bajevic went up shake Gkagkatsis hand and receive his award, Rivaldo got the game mvp award or whatever the hell it was, massive applause for him the team, giovanni,etc and applause as well for Aris the team who congradulated our players one by one, something nice to see in Greek football. Of course who can forget the loud constant chants near the end of the game by the arianoi, consisting of "aris thumisou, panta mazi sou"

B T W : was anyone LUCKY enough to see Rivaldo's goal ? From the right some yards from the corner and somehow loops it over the head of the keeper ! Simply specatcular and which is now an unforgetable part of the Greek cup history. Rivaldo wanted to go celebrate with the fans, hundreds of which had already SWAMPED the sidelines once that ball went in, unbeleivable picture we dont see often.

Thank you for the memories.

Another Macedonian club awaits down the road though, and one that is in one HELL fo a form. Let's bring everything home this season ! :ph34r:

The 3rd goal was given to Djorjdevic, but it seems from replay both got their boot on to it at the same time. (Rivaldo & Djole)

OH SH*T!!! WHAT THE F*CK!!! WHO THE F*CK PUT THE MATCH ON A SATURDAY!!!! i swear to god i thought it was tommoro, I put ert-sat on to watch some eurovision and it was showing celebrations by the gays. I guess it was ok seeing as i dont really like watching ospf cainings

You should have seen Ribbo's goal. A really rare one. One of the best goals ever in a Greek Cup final. Luz, this one is for you too :) I assume that http://karaiskaki.cjb.net/ has the clip.

In the first half, Aris played with a double zone defensive system (typical small team anti-football) and our players had the upcoming league match in their minds. We essentially didn't have a single goal opportunity.

Things changed vastly in the 2nd half, when Bajevic realized that there was no need to have a solid 4 player defence since Aris wasn't attacking at all (their only chance came from a very long pass). He substituted Mavrogenidis and Kafes with Castillo and Giovanni. Aris defense felt in panic after those substitutions and the goal was inevitable. It came from a penalty won by Giovanni. Then Aris tried to attack without being threatening at all. His defence opened and, with some ball magic from our Latins, we had some great opportunities missed by Castillo (incredible chances for scoring, essentially in front of an empty net). The final score should be 5-0 or 6-0.

Let's hope that we 'll do the same against Iraklis (actually, I would be happy even with a marginal victory...).

Even reading this without seeing makes me happy, but I am not surprised

I know that usually Rivaldo grows in decisive games

But tell me why did he get yellow cart?? Was it for taking off shirt or something else??

And aboutthe third goal, only the greek sites give it to Djole, all the Brazilian sites and others give it to Rivaldo

I think it is not so important, even for them

But tell me why did he get yellow cart?? Was it for taking off shirt or something else??

He was given a yellow for taking off the shirt, and visiting the sideleins to celebrate with the hundreds of fans that stormed that area.

After the card he clapped and shook the referees hand, heh.

Archived