Phantis Forums

Best signing

who do you think was the best signing by any team?

i would have to say either dwight yorke or muscat.

both have played top flight football in england, so they have past the experience. hopefully they can bring that here, to lift aussie soccer.

but, who do YOU think was the best signing?

• 2 months later...

i would have to say either dwight yorke or muscat.

both have played top flight football in england, so they have past the experience. hopefully they can bring that here, to lift aussie soccer.

Muscat?

To quote John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!"

This guy never played Premier league football in all his years in England. He is known and despised as nothing more than a fu<king hack!

I didn't rate him when he was at the AIS as a 17 year old and I haven't rated him since. The only saving grace is that he chose SMHellas to play for but I don't know if that was good for the team as he is totally and utterly SK/\TA!

Spare this rubbish talk about Muscat. The guy is a waste of space.

• 3 weeks later...

Dwight Yorke and Kevin Muscat are both very good signings but they are both old and are at the end of their carriers. I think the best signing was Archie Thompson, his relativley young(26yo) and has a bit of a futre if he impreses. He was named in the training squad in Netherlands with Guus Hidink but didn't go because he wanted to be there for the birth of his child.

Archie Thompson will come off the bench later on in his carrier for the AUS NT. :)

• 1 month later...

Dwight Yorke and Kevin Muscat are both very good signings but they are both old and are at the end of their carriers. I think the best signing was Archie Thompson, his relativley young(26yo) and has a bit of a futre if he impreses. He was named in the training squad in Netherlands with Guus Hidink but didn't go because he wanted to be there for the birth of his child.

Archie Thompson will come off the bench later on in his carrier for the AUS NT. :)

come to think of it, i think that archie has been a great signing for the victory. and by the way, archie will be starting on the field for the NT, well so i hope, b/c his form at the moment for melb is magnificent. plus hiddink has a better chance with thompson that kewell, who i think would rather play for england than australia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add that the best YOUNG signing would have to be Melbourne Victory's own Kristian Sarkies.

The kids a lengend, and i wouldnt be suprised if he went and played for a bigger club in a matter of years

for him to be signed from a bigger club, he needs to start playing just abit better, and stop doing those stupid little tricks he does. those little things are what puts him off his game. he needs to learn to calm down and not show-off. he will be also recognized better if he actually put some behind the keeper and in the net. dont get me wrong, he is an awsome player, with amazing free-kicks, which put defenders of when he crosses them in, but if he can lift his game to that one level higher, he will turn out like WOW :o

i second that

you guys are kidding me right?

please tell me what this "brazilian star" has done for south? did he win them a place in the grand final? no. he missed a penalty in the semi's against heidelberg, which severly cost them in the end. how can you guys say that he has been a good signing, when he hasnt done anything for the club. i havent been impressed with him at all.

Archived