Phantis Forums

Eurovision song contest

Now, this could be described as more of how popular a country is (ie. Scandanavians giving eachother points, cyprus never giving to turkey, UK getting 'nil point' after the whole war thing.) BUT THE GREEKS ARE TOTAL FAVOURITES!!!!

Anyway the singer representing the greeks is Helena Paparizou and will be singing 'my number one'

The singer represting Cyprus is Constandinos Christoforou and will be singing 'ELA ELA'

(at least some of us know how to keep to greek music :P :P :P )

Greece is favourite at 9/4 (6/1 bar)

Cyprus is 25/1

Now, this could be described as more of how popular a country is (ie. Scandanavians giving eachother points, cyprus never giving to turkey, UK getting 'nil point' after the whole war thing.) BUT THE GREEKS ARE TOTAL FAVOURITES!!!!

Anyway the singer representing the greeks is Helena Paparizou and will be singing 'my number one'

The singer represting Cyprus is Constandinos Christoforou and will be singing 'ELA ELA'

(at least some of us know how to keep to greek music :P :P :P )

Greece is favourite at 9/4 (6/1 bar)

Cyprus is 25/1

Hey my man I already put my $$$ on the Greek song. There was a documentary on BBC about this and they were pointing out on how good the song is and how some of the Britts liked the song.

I didn't wager alot but just enough to put a smile on my face if she comes in the top 3 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks for sharing the information, AFTER SHE GOES 9/4 FAVOURITE!!!! lol

My friend........

I made the wager waaaaaaaayyyy before those odds came out and I want you to know that I didn't get them at that amount..... Try 8/1 THAT'S RIGHT SUCKA!

I might be laughing all the way to the bank becuase of her a**

:LOL: :box: :LOL: :box: :LOL: :box: :LOL: :box: :LOL: :box: :LOL: :box:

i just hear the other songs.....there all bad.

turkey surpisingly sucky song......Ukraine has the worst song ever.....Serbia is bad too...... Cyprus is ok song, its also in english but is better than paparizou.....

songs should only be in native languages. The meanings/translations are destroyed and made extremely cheesy and pathetic in english, not to mention you cant understand them sometimes because their accents.... native languages only, and post translations/subtitles if that matters.....

She's fit, the pic of her on the eurovision site makes her look like a horse. She should give van nistlerooy a call. Very nice set of babylons though, nice!

I dunno if we will win because like i said at the top, its a popularity contest. Last year Sakis song was the best and look what happened.

I agree they should be in native language. But english is the world language so everyone will know what the song is all about.

(Last year there were some sucky songs that did well... like turkeys 'peace' song, talk about 30 years too late)

anyone got pics of her?

is she hot?

here you go mate, judge for yourself I think we'll both agree that...........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

that first pic of her looks so different then the other

she is hot thats for sure

go win Eurovision

pame gia Eurovision

songs should only be in native languages. The meanings/translations are destroyed and made extremely cheesy and pathetic in english, not to mention you cant understand them sometimes because their accents.... native languages only, and post translations/subtitles if that matters.....

i was just about to say....i don't see anything wrong with posting a english translation at the bottom of the screen, this way the song keeps it's meaning and everyone will know what the song is about

i was just about to say....i don't see anything wrong with posting a english translation at the bottom of the screen, this way the song keeps it's meaning and everyone will know what the song is about

actually... one time i did put sub-titles on for the spanish one or something, it was so funny and stupid. im sure it sounded good if u kew spanish, but the lyrics in english were so stupid

• 2 weeks later...

Greece

* Helena was asked about the dress she’ll be wearing on Saturday. “It’s beautiful”, she said. “I’m really happy with it. And yes, it’s quite short!”

* Helena is good friends with Malta’s entrant Chiara. “She has a beautiful voice and a beautiful song”, she said. “But all of the Mediterranean acts are friends with each other. We’re hot people!”

* Helena’s choreographer was asked whether Helena is a better singer than a dancer. “Helena has worked very hard”, he said. “We already know she’s a very good singer from her last time at Eurovision. But now she’s proving to be a great dancer too.”

* “I’d love to see the Eurovision Song Contest in Greece in 2006”, said Helena. “So people can experience our own music. But it’s a competition. And we don’t know whether we’ll finish tenth or first.”

* Helena was asked to sing something in Swedish, as she was born and raised in Sweden. She was happy to oblige. But how would Helena describe her current style of music? “I am a pop singer”, she said. “And pop music makes people happy.”

Cyprus

* “It’s so nice to be here for the third time”, said Constantinos. “I’d like to win. I want it so much. We want to host the contest in sunny Cyprus next year – I’ll call it Summer Eurovision.”

* Does it feel different performing for a third time? Is there more pressure? “No, it’s fun”, he says. “The magic of Eurovision is never lost.”

* “21 May is my name day – the day of St Constantinos”, he said. “So hopefully that will bring good luck. But we’ll have to do our best and I’m sure we’ll surprise a few people.”

* ‘Ela Ela’ is enjoying excellent chart success. It is number one in Cyprus and number two in Greece. ‘My Number One’ by Greek entry Helena is number two in Cyprus and number one in Greece!

* “I wrote the song which I think gives me a bit of security”, said Constantinos. “It means that I know exactly how to perform it.”

After the semi-finals, the running order of the final has been drawn:

1. Hungary

2. UK

3. Malta

4. Romania

5. Norway

6. Turkey

7. Moldova

8. Albania

9. Cyprus

10. Spain

11. Israel

12. Serbia & Montenegro

13. Denmark

14. Sweden

15. FYR Macedonia

16. Ukraine

17. Germany

18. Croatia

19. Greece

20. Russia

21. Bosnia & Herzegovina

22. Switzerland

23. Latvia

24. France

Oh yes, I can't wait for the competition! :D :gr:

I think Greece will win, we have a good song if we compare to the other countries.

"You're my passion..." :whistle:

it's a good thing that Helena will appear in the last 5 songs, so it will be memorable! I believe that we will get a good place, but I'm not so sure about No.1 <_< anyway, it's not that we'll win something glorious B)

GOOD LUCK HELENA!!!

:tup:

Good Luck Helena, I hope we will get the first place, Lets see today ;) Yes, like Panathinaikos_Trifill said : Vote for Cyprus, like everytime, Greece gives 12 points to Cyprus and Cyprus gives 12 points to Greece :D

SIKOSE TO!!!

Well done helena, quality dancin, quality song, adding another triumpth to greece's accomplishments.

lets recap:

Euro champions 2004

Venue of Olympics 2004

Eurovision champions 2005

Eurovision venue 2006

And a whole other bunch of club level sport like vollyball, basketball and other sport i dont even want to begin mentioning!!! Greece have again become a major force, in pretty much anything we do!!!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived