Organised Supporters should:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Organised Supporters should:

• Be banned from all clubs
    • Provide information about their members
    • Continue to act as they currently do
    • Controlled by the clubs
    • Certify just 1 or 2 main unions and abolish the others

A big issue has been created between the management of PAO and the organised supporters.

Management asks from all unions to provide information about their members (names/ adresses etc) in order for them to be certified from the club.

I think that all these are rubbish and all organised supporters should be banned from every club and every stadium (in Greece of course). At the end of the day, they are the main reason for the downfall of Greek football, and the abscence of real supporters to football games.

However lets see what people think about that....

Organised supporters are bad for the teams if they have an agenda instead of supporting the team

These fans are usually the most fanatic and that has both advantages and disadvantages.

I want to see the fans cheer for their team instead of booing the NT players because of club performance...

Terrorising your teams coach because you think he is a traitor is riddiculous

These are some of the actions that have given organised clubs a bad reputation

Violence is another disease that has been introduced to Greek football by "organised Fans"

These clubs breed hatred and intollerence towards other teams fans which makes money for the owners so they feed that "monster"

It is all about the money. The club owners need these fans because they buy a lot of tickets. They are the only ones willing to travel every weekend to "fight" for their team...

If the teams wanted to erradicate the fan clubs they would have done it already, by not selling them wholesale tickets...

These clubs should be reformed and should exist to get fans together to have fun and enjoy their team, not to have a warrior mentality that they are out there to fight for their team and kick ass!!!

Players are not encouraged by violence in the stands, they are distracted and disgusted by it

Players are encouraged by cheers and flag waiving not abussive behavior!

Peace

as i see it....if the further passion replaces the violence, greek football would be in a better place...granted that violence wll happpen, it is a bit excessive sometimes....the organised supporters only make it worse....supporting a team is very different from being stupid and this stupididty is sometimes represented in these organised supporters....

I think that all these are rubbish and all organised supporters should be banned from every club and every stadium (in Greece of course). At the end of the day, they are the main reason for the downfall of Greek football, and the abscence of real supporters to football games.

Having crooks as Presidents, having corruption fileter down from the top levels to the bottom has no bearing on the state of Greek Football or your eyes are closed to those issues?

It is all about the money. The club owners need these fans because they buy a lot of tickets. They are the only ones willing to travel every weekend to "fight" for their team...

If the teams wanted to erradicate the fan clubs they would have done it already, by not selling them wholesale tickets...

This is an interesting argument that I have heard before. Provided it's true (and I do believe it is), what I don't understand is why do the clubs continue to support these "organizations" when if it wasn't for them, they would be generating more revenue from ticket sales, concessions, merchandise etc. as more people (and more importantly, more families) would be attending matches? Surely you don't need a marketing degree to determine the negative impact fan behaviour has had on ticket sales.

QUOTE (trifilli @ Oct 15 2003, 02:40 PM)

This is an interesting argument that I have heard before. Provided it's true (and I do believe it is), what I don't understand is why do the clubs continue to support these "organizations" when if it wasn't for them, they would be generating more revenue from ticket sales, concessions, merchandise etc. as more people (and more importantly, more families) would be attending matches? Surely you don't need a marketing degree to determine the negative impact fan behaviour has had on ticket sales.

I AGREE THAT THE ABOVE WOULD BE TRUE IF PAO AND THE REST OF THE TEAMS WOULD PLAY SPECTACULAR FOOTBALL

THEN MORE FANS WOULD GO AND OF A BETTER "LEVEL" THAT WOULD GENERATE MORE MONEY

THAT IS TRUE FOR TOURISM AND THAT IS WHAT GREECE HAS DONE RECENTLY

ALSO THAT WAS DONE IN ENGLAND VERY SUCCESSFULLY

THEY HAD THE WORST FAN VIOLENCE AND THE CHEAPEST TICKET PRICES

WHEN THEY TOOK OUT THE STANDING ONLY STANDS, ELIMINATED HOOLIGANISM AND BROUGHT BACK THE FAMILIES IN THE FIELDS, THE FINANCIAL RESULTS WERE AMAZING!

UNFORTUNATELY GREEK FOOTBALL IS VERY SUBSTANDARD...

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A COUPLE OF GOOD GAMES IN EUROPE, THERE ARE VERY FEW GOOD MATCHES

THE FANS THAT DO GO REGARDLESS OF THE QUALITY OF THE GAME ARE THE FANATIC ONES. THESE FANS LOVE THEIR TEAMS SO MUCH THAT ARE WILLING TO WATCH THE GAMES INSPITE OF THE DREADFUL QUALITY

TO THESE FANS, PAO OR THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM IS AN "AROSTIA"

IT IS AN ADDICTION REALLY.

IT IS THESE FANS THAT TEAMS WANT BECAUSE THEY ARE "A SURE THING"

THEY WILL BE THERE WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS GONE.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ARE PART OF THIS COMMITED GROUP BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE USUALLY OLDER AND MORE MATURE THEY ARE NOT GUARRANTEED TO RETURN EVERY YEAR IF THE TEAM SUCKS, THEY ARE NOT AS BRAIN WASHED...

TO SECURE THESE RETURN CUSTOMERS THE CLUB "LEADERS" CREATE PASSION AND MELODRAMA TO KEEP EVERYONE INTERESTED

IT IS TO THE ADVANTAGE OF THESE FOOTBALL BUSINESSES TO HAVE A "SOLID CLIENT BASE" BY SECURING BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE THE FINACIAL SUPPORT OF THE FANATICS

THESE COLORFULL FANS ADD TO THE EXCITEMENT OF THE GAME WITH THEIR PRESENCE IN THE STANDS.

THE FLARES, THE FIGHTS, AND THE CHANTING ARE PART OF THE "SHOW" THAT ATTRACTS MORE SPECTATORS TO THE STADIA

IF THE TEAMS PLAYED SUPERIOR "KICK ASS" FOOTBALL NONE OF THIS WOULD BE NEEDED, THE GAME WOULD BE INTERESTING ENOUGH TO BRING THE MASSES CLOSE TO THEIR FAVORITE TEAM , TICKET PRICES WOULD BE LOWER, THE STADIA WOULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE AND FANS OF ALL AGES AND GENDERS WOULD ATTEND

I THINK THE ATMOSPHERE WOULD BE BETTER BECAUSE THE LEVEL OF ENTHOUSIASM WOULD BE HIGHER AND NOW ALL FANS WOULD BE CHEERING IN FULL STADIA INSTEAD OF EMPTY ONES...

MORE MONEY WOULD BRING BETTER PLAYERS AND MORE SUCCESS, WHICH IN RETURN WOULD FILL THE STADIA!

THIS HAPPENED TO GREEK BASKETBALL WHEN WE DID WELL IN EUROPE

INTEREST ROSE, MORE FANS WENT TO THE GAMES, GENERATING FINANCIAL

GAINS FOR THE TEAMS AND ALLOWING THEM TO BRING HUGE INTERNATIONAL NAMES.

BASKETBALL NOW IS IN A DECLINE BECAUSE TOO MANY FOREIGN PLAYERS CREATED AN IDENTITY CRISIS FOR THE TEAMS AND THEIR FANS, BUT IT WAS GREAT WHILE IT LASTED AND IT WILL BECOME GREAT AGAIN

IMAGINE HAVING THE SAME GLORY IN FOOTBALL AS GREEK BASKETBALL HAS HAD AT THE CLUB AND NATIONAL TEAM LEVEL!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE OPINION OF A FANATIC THAT HAS LOVED HIS TEAM THROUGH THE WORST YEARS OF ITS HISTORY

I HAVE ALWAYS RECOGNIZED THE SCAM THAT IS CALLED GREEK CHAMPIONSHIP AND HAVE CONDEMNED VIOLENCE AND STUPIDITY IN THE FAN RANKS

THIS JOKE GETS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL WHEN FANS HECKLE THEIR CLUBS PLAYERS DURING A NATIONAL TEAM GAME OR VISIT PAIANIA WITH THE INTENT OF HURTING THE PLAYERS AND COACHES...

THAT KIND OF STUPIDITY IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR "PROTATHLIMA" AND ITS FANS AND WHAT KEEPS THE REAL FANS AWAY...

UNFORTUNATELLY THE TEAMS KNOW IT REQUIRES TIME, WORK AND MONEY TO FIX WHAT IS BROKEN AND WOULD RATHER KEEP THE STATUS QUO THAT KEEPS THEM AFLOAT FOR THE TIME BEING

THE RESULTS OF GOOD WORK ARE FELT WHEN OUR PAO MAKES US PROUD IN EUROPE, BUT THEN IN THE CUSTOMARY SHORTSIGHTED FASHION THAT THE TEAMS ARE RUN WE SEE THE RESULTS OF THE BREAKUP OF OUR GLORIOUS

PANATHINAIKOS...

THE ONLY WAY THAT ANYTHING WILL CHANGE IS WHEN THE FANS STOP GOING TO THE GAMES WHEN THE TEAM IS MASSACRED LIKE IT IS THESE DAYS

EVEN THE MOST FANATIC AND "SICK" FANS HAVE TO REALISE THAT ABSTAINING FOR A WHILE IS THE ONLY LONG TERM REMEDY

WE MUST SUFFER A LITTLE NOW TO AVOID "ETERNAL PAIN"

PEACE

Archived