Phantis Forums

where i can se soccer from australia?

Guest poftar

look, when the new A-league starts, its only going to show live games, and replays on FOX SPORTS, and then highlights on the free to air channels. luckily i have foxtel 

how gay is that - if they want this new league to get anywhere in this AFL country they should do there best to get some kind of coverage on the main stream channels (free to air tv and not just sbs the main ones). and not just like a half an hr a week highlights show at midnight - maybe one live game a week or a full game delayed or replay during prime time!!!!!!!!!!

grrr :box:

look, adonis, im upset that people cant see it, but im only lucky that i have foxtel is b/c we wanted ANT1. i think that if the league is a success in the first couple of years, then it will eventually move to free-to-air channels, but it wont be anytime soon. :tdown:

• 2 months later...

It will be on pay tv for a while yet.

It's very sad when those in charge are force feeding us pathetic excuses for sport like rugby league on the free to air channels, when football is ready to explode.

Rugby union is seemingly standing on its own feet at the moment, but this pathetic excuse for sport "rugby league" is waning, yet the way the media in NSW and QLD report is that nearly everyone in Australia follows this crap and actually cares about it. It's a misrepresentation and very frustrating!

The AFL, which is the most supported and watched sport on a local level in Australia is looking over it's shoulder as they know that the immense popularity of football is just waiting to be tapped. They're worried, but not as much as league should be.

Only a matter of time before rugby league continues to die and ends up being like the amateur game that it is and football will be Australias number one sport.

It is not going to happen over night or in 5 years, but in 1 generation, rugby league will be looked at with nostalgia as the game that our grandparents played and football will be discussed over the dinner table and at clubs and pubs.

• 4 weeks later...

thats a very optimistic view ;) hopefully it will come true but i don't believe football will ever be as big as aussie rules. I agree with you that it will be talked about and will be big, but the biggest football will ever get is at the same level as aussie rules. it will be a long time from now but it will happen... :)

Archived