Phantis Forums

Thoughts of an OFI fan

aiolosply

I can feel the pain of this OFI fan

But I STRONGLY disagree on one thing...

The years he keeps in his memory as the "good" years and the example of the 2-5 away win he uses are a very very wrong immage!

OFI back then was MORE dependent on PAO! More players were exchenged and more results went PAOs way! Back then OFI were called "tsatsoi, tsirakia etc" MORE that what we hear now!

The fact that OFI cost PAO a Europen Qualification is only the exception that verifies the rule!

In fact, what this OFI fan tells us is simply that he prefered the Better Dependent OFI than a Dependent OFI full of troubles!

In fact this letter is ALSO a trap for the feelings of the true OFI fans.... Shame!

The years he keeps in his memory as the "good" years and the example of the 2-5 away win he uses are a very very wrong immage!

OFI back then was MORE dependent on PAO! More players were exchenged and more results went PAOs way! Back then OFI were called "tsatsoi, tsirakia etc" MORE that what we hear now!

The fact that OFI cost PAO a Europen Qualification is only the exception that verifies the rule!

In fact, what this OFI fan tells us is simply that he prefered the Better Dependent OFI than a Dependent OFI full of troubles!

In fact this letter is ALSO a trap for the feelings of the true OFI fans.... Shame!

Se ligo 8a vgeis kai stous dromous na diadhlwseis :LOL:

Yeah... you may laugh at it but this actually is an effort (guided IMO) to alter history... And the technique is ancient and very well known...

History is changed infront of our own eyes. People dont find each relevant single move worth of a reaction but the whole picture that builds up finally makes you look back and see a past you know was not there...

The Slav Tribes Descended centuries after the ancient Greeks yet a General Tito consistent and clevery amplified trick now makes us have to face a double problem..... OK part of todays FYROM is part of the ancient Macedonia.... but can the slav tribes prove they descend right down from Philips and Alexanders royal court?

So... yes... I do insist when i lived some issues and I see history being altered...

Or if you want me to put it differently... I would not be surprised if this article is totally manufactured for that purpose! Or in the best case scenario the text in bold above... the man is kidding us and himself... ;)

Dear Mouse,

this is a very sensitive issue and please try not to interfere and try to express and interpret OFI supporter's feeling unless you have lived in Iraklio for 15 years and you know stuff,or at least feel something for the team-which you do not.

It is a fact that OFI once was a model team with 3-4 players in the national teams (not any players, one of them -Nioplias - is considered one of the 3-4 best players of the last 15 years and another was the first and only player who did anything remarkable outside Greece.

So, what did you want this man to say? The culprit is Vardinogiannis who is the main reason this team has been easilly the best team from periferia? Do not forget that Vardinogiannides first had OFI and then PAO.

But lets accept the "dependence hypothesis is true.

So you are blaming this man for making a compromise: accept dependence for a good team. Before you blame him try to think what happens to those who do not know when to compromise: how Greece would be if we had followed Papanderou's "independence from America and NATO" idea.

I apologise for critisizing but you may hurt people's feelings with your otherwise good-natured humor and observations.

Zacho,

First of all, you dont need to apologise for criticising anyone

Actually freedom of speech and the ability of all to express different oppinions is something I fight for. The problem begins when insults infiltrate in talks ruining them

2. I dont know how you conceive what Papandreou did, but on the issue that concerns me (bringing in humour sometimes) I can tell you for sure this thread is not one of that sort... I speak 100% seriously

3. I do feel for the OFI fans! My first reply begun with this:

4. I am just explaining that in his letter that OFI fan is altering facts... OFI was more dependent back then that now! This cannot be considered as toying with anyones feelings...

But I will answer you following the same path you followed. You said:

But lets accept the "dependence hypothesis is true.

So I tell you the opposite

But lets accept the "dependence hypothesis is FALSE.

This OFI fan has a right to complian the way he does...

I object though to the use of the past successes of OFI as a measure today must be judged against!

If he wanted to be objective he should say....

"They are FALSELY accusing OFI of being dependent and call us "Tsatsous" I disagree etc etc etc.... "

What he IS saying is

"The past is peachy now all these problems make the situation bad"

--

SO, in TRUE sumpathy for any fan who feels wronged in terms of sheer fan pride I DO feel VERY sympathetic to OFI fans!

(And, its my turn to thank you for the civilized answer my friend)

I think that this OFI supporter did not try to demostrate the ideological problem of dependence but the contemporary problems of the team, so he was not making any clear point (so I agree with this).

But I think that he is representative of a class of relativelly old OFI supporters who know what compromise means, (they have lived OFI in lower divisions) and at the same time feel bad about the insults of other fans.

I don not think he was trying to manipulate historical facts or something. It is just a complicated situation.

Omne tiny point 2nd mouse. I have always despised the expression "the exceptiuon that proves the rule".

How many times have PAO not made Europe in the last 10 years? Once.

In the only time they actually had to fight for europe, OFI took it away from them. I dont believe the OFI players ever katsane na xasoune. The dependance issue has helped PAO a lot more in getting [layers from OFI, but how esle does it ACTUALLY affect the league or OFI (other than poffloading rubbish players as daneioi)?

Just curious what your views are..

The dependance issue has helped PAO a lot more in getting [layers from OFI, but how esle does it ACTUALLY affect the league or OFI (other than poffloading rubbish players as daneioi)?

Just curious what your views are..

My view!?

We should ask OFI fans if THEY are happy with that man!!!

And when PAO lost European Qualification to OFI it happened at an era when PAO had 6 sure points and Cup qualifications 100% from those "Great" OFI squads...!

Even in the years when OFI came a bit close to the 3 first league spots!!!

OK ... PAO lost European qualification once! What does this prove? If Panathinaikos plays Ionikos 100 times they will bloody loose 10 matches!

For Gods sake ... ... somebody post the stats of OFI - PAO , OFI - AEK, OFI - Olympiakos and OFI - PAOK from that "good" OFI era .... ! Then make a list of "so-called" sales, loans etc between the aforementioned squads...

And I CAN understand why a PAO fan might want to support the contrary.... but OFI fans surprise me! If somebody ever told me my squad was a chess pawn in somebody elses game I would simply not like it. I dont know what more to say on that. It sounds terribly simple to me!

79-80

OSFP -OFH 2:0, OFH -OSFP 2-0

PAO - OFH 3:1, OFH- PAO 0:3

AEK- OFI 2:1, OFH- AEK 0:0

80-81

OSFP- OFH 2:1, OFH- OSFP 1:1

PAO- OFH 0:0, OFI- PAO 0:0

AEK - OFH 3:0, OFH -AEK 3:1

81-82

OSFP- OFH 1:0, OFH- OSFP 0:0

PAO- OFH 1:1, OFI- PAO 1:2 (That draw cost PAO the league title)

AEK - OFH 1:0, OFH -AEK 1:0

82-83

OSFP- OFH 3:1, OFH- OSFP 0:0

PAO- OFH 2:2, OFI- PAO 1:1

AEK - OFH 2:3, OFH -AEK 4:0

83-84

OSFP- OFH 2:0, OFH- OSFP 0:0

PAO- OFH 2:0, OFI- PAO 0:2

AEK - OFH 2:0, OFH -AEK 1:0

84-85

OSFP- OFH 4:1, OFH- OSFP 1:2

PAO- OFH 2:0, OFI- PAO 1:1

AEK - OFH 2:1, OFH -AEK 1:2

85-86

OSFP- OFH 3:3, OFH- OSFP 0:1

PAO- OFH 4:1, OFI- PAO 4:3

AEK - OFH 1:0, OFH -AEK 2:0

86-87

OSFP- OFH 2:1, OFH- OSFP 4:1

PAO- OFH 2:1, OFI- PAO 1:1

AEK - OFH 0:1, OFH -AEK 1:0

87-88

OSFP- OFH 2:1, OFH- OSFP 1:2

PAO- OFH 2:5, OFI- PAO 2:1

AEK - OFH 2:1, OFH -AEK 3:0

88-89

OSFP- OFH 2:0, OFH- OSFP 2:1

PAO- OFH 1:1, OFI- PAO 2:1

AEK - OFH 3:0 , OFH -AEK 0:1

89-90

OSFP- OFH 4:5, OFH- OSFP 1:1

PAO- OFH 2:0, OFI- PAO 1:3

AEK - OFH 2:0 , OFH -AEK 3:1

90-91

OSFP- OFH 1:1, OFH- OSFP 0:0

PAO- OFH 3:0, OFI- PAO 1:3

AEK - OFH 3:1 , OFH -AEK 1:0

91-92

OSFP- OFH 0:0, OFH- OSFP 2:2

PAO- OFH 1:1, OFI- PAO 0:2

AEK - OFH 3:0 , OFH -AEK 2:1

92-93

OSFP- OFH 3:0, OFH- OSFP 2:1

PAO- OFH 3:1, OFI- PAO 0:1

AEK - OFH 3:2 , OFH -AEK 1:1

93-94

OSFP- OFH 2:0, OFH- OSFP 2:0

PAO- OFH 4:1, OFI- PAO 0:0

AEK - OFH 2:1 , OFH -AEK 1:2

94-95

OSFP- OFH 2:1, OFH- OSFP 1:0

PAO- OFH 2:0, OFI- PAO 0:2

AEK - OFH 4:0 , OFH -AEK 1:0

95-96

OSFP- OFH 3:1, OFH- OSFP 2:1

PAO- OFH 4:0, OFI- PAO 2:1

AEK - OFH 4:0 , OFH -AEK 1:1

96-97

OSFP- OFH 1:0, OFH- OSFP 0:1

PAO- OFH 1:1, OFI- PAO 0:0

AEK - OFH 0:1 , OFH -AEK 2:1

97-98

OSFP- OFH 1:0, OFH- OSFP 2:3

PAO- OFH 6:2, OFI- PAO 0:3

AEK - OFH 3:0 , OFH -AEK 1:1

98-99

OSFP- OFH 3:0, OFH- OSFP 1:2

PAO- OFH 1:1, OFI- PAO 2:3

AEK - OFH 2:0 , OFH -AEK 0:1

99-00

OSFP- OFH 2:0, OFH- OSFP 2:1

PAO- OFH 3:2, OFI- PAO 3:4

AEK - OFH 1:2 , OFH -AEK 1:2

00-01

OSFP- OFH 5:0, OFH- OSFP 2:2

PAO- OFH 2:0, OFI- PAO 0:0

AEK - OFH 1:2 , OFH -AEK 3:3

01-02

OSFP- OFH 3:0, OFH- OSFP 1:1

PAO- OFH 5:1, OFI- PAO 0:1

AEK - OFH 3:0 , OFH -AEK 0:1

02-03

OSFP- OFH 1:0, OFH- OSFP 0:1

PAO- OFH 5:1, OFI- PAO 0:2

AEK - OFH 3:1 , OFH -AEK 1:0

03-04

OSFP- OFH 4:1, OFH- OSFP 0:1

PAO- OFH 1:0, OFI- PAO 1:3

AEK - OFH 2:2 , OFH -AEK 0:2

04-05

OSFP- OFH 3:0, OFH- OSFP 1:1

PAO- OFH 5:1, OFI- PAO :

AEK - OFH 1:1 , OFH -AEK 2:3

PAO vs OFH : 32 WINS 14 DRAWS 4 LOSSES

OSFP vs OFH : 30 WINS 13 DRAWS 8 LOSSES

AEK vs OFH : 27 WINS 6 DRAWS 16 LOSSES

NAI re Mouse, o OFH mas anoigei ta podia na poume :rolleyes:

But it goes deeper than that my wise friend...

When Olympiakos goes there its rocks, yellows, injuries and a 90+ minute fight over dead OFI players bodies...

Whenever I saw AEK play against OFI I remember Titanic fights by the OFI players!

When PAO goes there its a neat quiet and confortable 2 or 3 - 0 !!!

Leave the wise stuff aside

As I said... history is written in any way you like... As long as my memory is still functioning no PAO fan can even come lose to altering what I saw and for sure not try to rewritte history!

But this started over something else. What OFI fans say about this... And it clear THEY KNOW they are dependent!

I objected on how when they were depended and succesfull it somehow was "OK" ...

Archived