Phantis Forums

Funniest Rumour - Zagorakis to Newcastle Jets

I say better off going back to Greece unless his got a thing for Vegemite :D

Maybe Con Constantine is more cashed up than we really know :LOL:

Jets close in on star

SBS

As Sydney FC awaits the arrival of former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke, another A-League club is nearing the end of its search for a star attraction.

Newcastle United Jets CEO George Liolio expects a marquee player rivalling Yorke’s profile to arrive before the weekend.

Former Socceroos Ned Zelic and Paul Okon are top of the Jets' most-wanted list.

Bologna's Greece captain Theo Zagorakis and Yorke's old Manchester United teammate Teddy Sheringham are also believed to be targets.

"We're in final discussions with the player and hope to announce our signing within the next few days," said a Newcastle spokesman.

Zelic is with Austrian First Division side Wacker Tirol but according to media reports the 33-year-old is seeking an early release.

Meanwhile, former Australia skipper Okon is signed to Belgian outfit Oostende until the end of the European season.

I think Zelic is confirmed

As for Zagorakis - I actually heard the same rumour two days ago from a few other people! Wouldnt it be great to have him down under! :nw: Prolly wouldnt be good for our NT though...thats if he continues with the NT!

Id go watch him for sure in Melbourne!

Paul Okon would be alrite signing for the Jets...i too dun think Zagorakis wil be coming - im pretty sure he wants to end his career at PAOK!

Are they bvacked by a Greek, the Jets? where are all these clubs geting cash from?

hey do u know when the season starts?

yeah they are the only team backed by a Greek - Con Constantine

His one cashed up mofo wants to buy the Newcastle Knights League team but the Newcastle yifti dont want to sell it to him cos its the 'peoples team'

Being winless in rugby they are going down financially fast!

I reckon Con will buy them soon

Hopefully he gets some Greek players to play for them, my mate Andrew Durante is playing with them and has invited me up to Newcastle - i might just make the the 2 hour drive there for a weekend :D

• 2 months later...

... my mate Andrew Durante is playing with them and has invited me up to Newcastle... :D

Your mate ain't playing anything but with himself these days.

Also Mrdja is NO c*nt. He is total class, even considering the tackle he made that broke that unknown's leg. He apparently regrets what happened. Very sad as he is too good to be doing stuff like that on players that pose no threat.

Mrdja will score more goals than any other player this coming A-league season.

He gave up a professional career in Europe to come back and play in Australia.

Archived