Phantis Forums

The Game of Their Lives

They went the semis, big whoop. Had they won I would have agreed on making a movie about this, but they didn't and they didn't overcome anything. Heck I don't even think anyone saw the game, why the hell would anyone want to watch a movie about it?!

There's only one soccer movie and it's the one with Pele and nazis, I think.

Its gonna be the biggest cheesiest movie ever to exist. You can imagine how cheesy the plot will be, and theres gonna be some kind of reason why each player needed to win... CHEESE!!!!

AEK21, the movie your reffering to is the classic 'escape to victory'... the goal by pele was absolute quality, and he was injured!!!, a german kicked him in the side. Well, because of the draw they got, the allies won world war 2. Is there anything football cant do???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm looking forward to seeing it...I think it's a great "David-Goliath" type story. I know there is an underlying notion on this Board to hate all things associated with American soccer, but you don't have to look at this movie that way. The movie is truly about a group of semi-pro soccer players who banded together to not only take on the best soccer nation in the world at the time for a whole 90 minutes but to also beat them, much to the great shock of the entire world. The fact that it's the greatest upset in World Cup history (maybe even sporting history) is what makes it a great story.

Besides, it'll be fun to watch a recreation of how soccer was like back in the 50's (uniforms, stadiums, etc.).

AEK21, the movie your reffering to is the classic 'escape to victory'... the goal by pele was absolute quality, and he was injured!!!, a german kicked him in the side. Well, because of the draw they got, the allies won world war 2. Is there anything football cant do???

:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

and to think they were about to escape through a tunnel in their dressing room during half-time.

not only did they draw but they also escaped anyways after the match.

Silvester Stallone also played in that movie, i think he was the keeper.

QUOTE (Panathinaikos_Trifilli @ Apr 24 2005, 05:40 AM)

and to think they were about to escape through a tunnel in their dressing room during half-time.

That movie Rocked!!!!!!!!! Lol with Stallone in goals - he pulled off some mad saves - someone tell him AEK needs a keeper!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

QUOTE (Panathinaikos_Trifilli @ Apr 24 2005, 05:40 AM)

That movie Rocked!!!!!!!!! Lol with Stallone in goals - he pulled off some mad saves - someone tell him AEK needs a keeper!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

moving to AEK huh? that would make great gossip, i think we should start a thread on it in AEK's page, that'll get heads rolling.

Archived