Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - OFI

Ziaka

On Sunday April 17, 2005 at 20:30 GR we play OFI at Toumba. After a good but losing effort against AEK, it is time for PAOK to get back into winning way. OFI is in need of points, since they are in dangerous relegation zone. They are dangerous upfront with Machlas. As long as we can contain him, we should be ok.

game will be televised on Supersport in Greece, and possibly on ERt-sat everywhere else.

My prediction is 2-0 for PAOK.

4:1 Final

A tremendous win for PAOK. I saw the majority of the first half and snippets of the second. It was pretty even for awhile in the 1st with OFI initially taking the lead. Machlas made a nifty little move and passed it to a player whose name escapes me now. After that however, it was all PAOK.

Before the end of the half, Feutchine had one mother of a shot which hit the crossbar and stayed out. It was a beautiful shot. Man, if it went in it would have made yeaf end highlight reels.

I'm glad PAOK got the win. It wasn't a sold out Toumba but it did have a good crowd. PAOK are now in 4th...jockeying with Skoda Xanthi for 4th and 5th.

FORZA PAOK

Bravo PAOK, great win, and great composure in coming back from a 0-1 deficit. :tup:

Very enetertaining game to watch if you were PAOK fan. The team came back after giving up the goal in the 5th minute.

Things were going so good that Karageorgiou had plans to put in Fernandez in goal for the last 20 or so minutes, but those plans were changed once Megahed got injured and he was the 3rd substitute.

nex game against Ionikos in Neapoli.

Thanks Ziaka, damn that's a lot of goals!!! That third set peice goal by PAOK was a beauty.

Considering were in a battle with Xanthi for 4th place, is there any advantage to finishing 4th? Don't both the 4th and 5th spots qualify for the UEFA Cup?

The crowd was very poor.

3,279 in attendance, and if you add the season tickets than there were around 6,000 fans in the stands. Very small considering the team had to play two games behind closed doors.

As for player ratings. Everyone played well. I would say Theodoridis, Megahed, Feutchine, and Ekgomitis stood out the most. On the OFI goal once again we saw a defensive lapse.

The ref of the game was ready to give a red card to Tochoroglou, because he thought he touched the ball outside the box. However, Machlas of OFI told the ref that he did not handle the ball, but instead touched it with his head (which was also evident during replays on TV). As a result of this fair play by Machlas, the ref changed his decision.

Here is the story from ENET.gr:

http://www.enet.gr/online/online_text?c=115&id=98563824'>

Archived