Phantis Forums

Eagerly Awaiting Thursday Night

GS1905

After two-high tension games between EFES and PAO, the series shifts to Athens for the deciding game. After the terrific scenes in the first game, the ISTANBUL crowd replied desperately in Abdi Ipekci and the initial outcome was 1-1 after two legs.

I would be most pleased not to talk about the stupid incidents in both games but there was no tension here in Turkey when the series was about to commence. The barbaric acts of the fanatic idiots behind the EFES bench and the one-sided refereeing at OAKA are the triggers, I believe. But of course, it was undoubtedly wrong for the fans of EFES to act so violently in the return leg in ISTANBUL.

After the two games,I come out with these results in basketball terms:

1. EFES has a larger squad and unless they are foul-troubled they will smash the PAO frontcourt...

2. EFES is defensively a better team and if they are allowed to play their tough defence, PAO will have no chance at anywhere.

3. PAO has more quality perimeter shooters than EFES. When we look at one side we only see ENDER and SOLOMON but at PAO we see DIAMANTIDIS, HATZIVRETAS, LAKOVITCH and IBO.

4. Both teams have top class coaches. However, ZELJKO should have never said: "If I were EFES, I would not come to Athens for the last game!"

As a result, I see a close game in Athens which hopefully will end in an EFES victory. And I hope for a much fairer refereeing than the first game at OAKA.

PS: Please, Please, Do Not Ruin This Subject As You Guys Did The Last One!!!

Turk, PAO is a much better and fuller team than Efes in every aspect... Front line, point guards, bench etc etc... Not to mention the coach...

Obradovic under no circumstances will let this get out of our hands... It is not going to be an easy victory, but PAO will make the typical 5-8 point win and go through to the final four...

OAKA is going to be packed on Thursday and I think PAO will get the match quite comfortably at the end....

After two-high tension games between EFES and PAO, the series shifts to Athens for the deciding game. After the terrific scenes in the first game, the ISTANBUL crowd replied desperately in Abdi Ipekci and the initial outcome was 1-1 after two legs.

I would be most pleased not to talk about the stupid incidents in both games but there was no tension here in Turkey when the series was about to commence. The barbaric acts of the fanatic idiots behind the EFES bench and the one-sided refereeing at OAKA are the triggers, I believe. But of course, it was undoubtedly wrong for the fans of EFES to act so violently in the return leg in ISTANBUL.

After the two games,I come out with these results in basketball terms:

1. EFES has a larger squad and unless they are foul-troubled they will smash the PAO frontcourt...

2. EFES is defensively a better team and if they are allowed to play their tough defence, PAO will have no chance at anywhere.

3. PAO has more quality perimeter shooters than EFES. When we look at one side we only see ENDER and SOLOMON but at PAO we see DIAMANTIDIS, HATZIVRETAS, LAKOVITCH and IBO.

4. Both teams have top class coaches. However, ZELJKO should have never said: "If I were EFES, I would not come to Athens for the last game!"

As a result, I see a close game in Athens which hopefully will end in an EFES victory. And I hope for a much fairer refereeing than the first game at OAKA.

PS: Please, Please, Do Not Ruin This Subject As You Guys Did The Last One!!!

efes is only still in it because of solomon!

he is the only one that can take the deciseve shoots!

ohh and btw efes will not be a match for pao

I'm not sure to salomon live out to OAKA! He's gone from Athens to monkey hell :D

Efes will be slain in Athens. Not have a chance!

I'm not sure to salomon live out to OAKA! He's gone from Athens to monkey hell :D

Efes will be slain in Athens. Not have a chance!

i am not that pessimistic. the critical match-up will be SuperWillie vs Lakovitch...

Good luck for the game PAO :gr:

Turk, I would like your opinion on this one: it appeared to me that the Efes coach was speaking about the referees all the time. He lost to AEK, he refused to speak at all because of bad refereing. He won AEK and qualified, still he spoke about the referees. Then he started about PAO :"if the referees are fair, we can make it". Then in the first game with PAO he gave a show. The same in game 2. We know what happened.

At the same time he has done an excellent job and it seems to me that Efes deserved to be in the final 4, they were lucky to play with PAO.

In general, he did not appear as serious as he should be, but behaved as if his team was small. You know, you can turn the referees against you if you do like this! I suggest he is more carefull and respectfull next year if he wants to go for the European title.

:nw: :nw: BOW TO PANATHA, THE BEST EUROPEAN TEAM OF THE LAST 10 YEARS.

actually the first game at OAKA was a disaster for EFES, about refeereing of course. Everything the big men of EFES did (Nikolic, Prkacin, Kuqo and Kaya) was called out as a foul on the defensive end and should EFES be allowed to do their usual tough defence, that game would be 68-88 at the end instead of 88-88. And the fact is that PAO had 57 FTs in the first game which is a huge number. and we all know what happened at OT. WILLIE's FT was cancelled at 95-94 and than the court was ruined by those idiots...

I want to congratulate PAO for their win in the third game, in which they were clearly better than EFES. but I have to admit that PAO has no chance in MOSCOW, given they will play with MACCABI. we'll be set for the big east derby this season. TAU and PAO have absolutelu no s%$#! of a chance vs MACCABI and CSKA, teams who are way too superior for any EUROLEAGUE team...

You will be surpised my friend Turk... Actually the problem for PAO was GETTING IN the F4... Now that we are IN IT I honestly believe that Obradivic will do it again!!!!

We have the quality of the players and most importantly the winning coach that will prepare the team for both of these matches!!! To be honest I am more concerned about Maccabi rather than CCSKA!!! If we beat Maccabi then there will be NO return for CCSKA at the final!!!! ;)

actually the first game at OAKA was a disaster for EFES, about refeereing of course. Everything the big men of EFES did (Nikolic, Prkacin, Kuqo and Kaya) was called out as a foul on the defensive end and should EFES be allowed to do their usual tough defence, that game would be 68-88 at the end instead of 88-88. And the fact is that PAO had 57 FTs in the first game which is a huge number. and we all know what happened at OT. WILLIE's FT was cancelled at 95-94 and than the court was ruined by those idiots...

I want to congratulate PAO for their win in the third game, in which they were clearly better than EFES. but I have to admit that PAO has no chance in MOSCOW, given they will play with MACCABI. we'll be set for the big east derby this season. TAU and PAO have absolutelu no s%$#! of a chance vs MACCABI and CSKA, teams who are way too superior for any EUROLEAGUE team...

If you're wrong, I'll post your words and make you look stupid!!!

Ok Turk. I agree Maccabi looks much better than PAO. But remember a bit the history of final fours. For a whole decade the favorites always lost, and the frequency that this happens is higher than the favorites winning..So wait and see... :whistle:

Regarding your coach's behaviour, you did not really comment....Only about the referees(Perhaps you are right about this, I did not see the game)...That is not good mentality.

the_Turk said:"panathinakos have no chance against MAccabi"..

i dont understand..why dont you respect other comments?....

we dont have to say "pao is the best..pao will win euroleague..forza pao..etc"

this is free forum.. :P

I honestly think theyhave the best rosters but one potentinal problem is that may be teams like CSKA or MACCABI have much bigger rosters although theirs are not any better.PANA's quality is for sure no less than those teams

Archived