Phantis Forums

Giovanni leaving OSFP the summer

aiolosply

but he still gets paid and has a job and maybe if he comes in as a sub v Pao scores a goal

i would piss myself if that would happen. i just imagined esp's expression on his face while he is sitting in leoforos and gio, the so called podovolleyballista scores against pao. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it would be a nice send off to score v Pao

he did score v Pao in the Greek cup last year but that ended up being a meaningless goal

but this is different

both clubs are different since then

lets just win and that will be good enough

Lets give him up. He's done. It's over between him and Thrylos and he's at the point that he doens't want to throw his legs into the fire. He's not the Giovanni that he was in the past and his attitude and style of play reflect that on the field.

Lets give him up and open up that bank acct. in order to bring in the next Giovanni.

:tup:

it would be a nice send off to score v Pao

he did score v Pao in the Greek cup last year but that ended up being a meaningless goal

but this is different

both clubs are different since then

lets just win and that will be good enough

to bad it didnt happen this time around ey? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

:) unfortunately

ok, it seems as if giovanni is gone for sure. santos is putting a lot of pressure on him to answer their offer. he said he wanted to wait for osfp to make a move for keeping him but that never happened. so most probably he is going to give santos a positive answer.

i wonder what they will bring in to replace him.

I think we can agree, Giovanni has been off and on like the worst of them (only really producing last season) since his injury. His work rate was also questionable during that period as well, no matter the position, but I think we can all agree, he is and will be one of the best foreigners to ever roam the pitches of Greece.

All things come to an end of course, he made another plea yesterday that made it to the papers, but let's be honest here. OSFP won't be offering him any sort of contract, the time has come. Thank you for the wonderfuill memories Giovanni, never forgotten.

adonis : Rivaldo has another year on his contract, unfrotunately for you and fortunately for Greek footy, yes he'll be back.

no offence to the greek league, but where would you rather be? on the bench of the 3rd best team of Greece, or playing for the best team in BRAZIL!!! brazil has the best league in the world, im suprised he didnt make this move years ago, i mean, his career has gone pretty down since he joined. he should join Santos this year, before he needs a walking stick to kick the ball for him.

My only question is...why do they want him?

They must know his age. They must know he's lost his pace and he's not the player he once was. Given that it is brazil, the skill level will be 10 times what it is in Greece. He's had a vacation while he's been in Greece. Now that he's going back, they're going to be running circles around him. Should he go back, expect him to retire within 6 months. Otherwise, he'll be riding the pine.

he is one of the fans most loved players. ad i think the president of santos is also a friend of his. i think they also want to give him the chance to end his career back in brazil.

he was a good player and his magic will not be forgotten. but it really is time to go.

Giovanni was good five years ago.. His walking on the pitch and crawling into takles is funny... He will be peeling banana peels on the bench in Santos as well........I hope he starts the game vs Aek indeed a victory for aek.....

Archived