Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup, Champions League, Inter-toto

O.K. Olympiakos!

I saw You guys dominate AEK last Sunday.

Your team is great, but not for Greece.

It is too common for Olympiakos to dominate the Greek League and then do nothing in UEFA!

Why send Oly, to Champions League, and not AEK, PAOK, or Xanthi?

There are other teams in Greece, that would love the chance to compete, and even pull afew upsets along the way.

IF OLYMPIAKOS CAN'T FIELD A DECENT TEAM, THAN THEY SHOULDN'T PLAY!!!

No greek team played in the inter-toto cup cuase they didn't want to. So Oly shoud gracefully decline invitation for in the future, for any UEFA tournament, and let sombody else play. Better Panonios loses w/ 3:2 agregate than 7 or 10:1.

If it were up to me.

Olympiacos 46 = Repo

Panathinaikos 46 = Champions League #1

AEK 45 = Champions League #2

Xanthi 39 = UEFA Cup #1

PAOK 35 = UEFA CUP #2

Chalkidona 31 = UEFA CUP #3

Egaleo 29 = Inter-toto Cup

Iraklis 29 = (The new) Balkan cup*

Neos Panionios 26 = (The new) Balkan cup*

Kallithea 24 = (The new) Balkan cup*

OFI 24

Aris 22

Ionikos 21

Apollon Kalamaria 20 = Relegation playoff w/ 2nd runner up B Ethniki

Ergotelis 19 = relegated to B Ethniki

Kerkyra 15 = relegated to B Ethniki

*** = fiction.... 'there is no NEW Balkan Cup

All kidding aside Greek football would be in better shape without (this) Olympiacos.

Who else's fans jeered other Greek athetes during the Athens Olympics? :nono:

and have the testicular fortitude, to lose in Europe after claiming that THEY, and thier lethargic imports, are the best that Greece has to offer! :blink: :LOL:

It's not good for Greece's reputation, the ntional fanbase, or even the National Team, to some degree!

Next time stay home! :ph34r:

O.K. Olympiakos!

I saw You guys dominate AEK last Sunday.

Your team is great, but not for Greece.

It is too common for Olympiakos to dominate the Greek League and then do nothing in UEFA!

Why send Oly, to Champions League, and not AEK, PAOK, or Xanthi?

There are other teams in Greece, that would love the chance to compete, and even pull afew upsets along the way.

IF OLYMPIAKOS CAN'T FIELD A DECENT TEAM, THAN THEY SHOULDN'T PLAY!!!

No greek team played in the inter-toto cup cuase they didn't want to. So Oly shoud gracefully decline invitation for in the future, for any UEFA tournament, and let sombody else play. Better Panonios loses w/ 3:2 agregate than 7 or 10:1.

If it were up to me.

Olympiacos 46 = Repo

Panathinaikos 46 = Champions League #1

AEK 45 = Champions League #2

Xanthi 39 = UEFA Cup #1

PAOK 35 = UEFA CUP #2

Chalkidona 31 = UEFA CUP #3

Egaleo 29 = Inter-toto Cup

Iraklis 29 = (The new) Balkan cup*

Neos Panionios 26 = (The new) Balkan cup*

Kallithea 24 = (The new) Balkan cup*

OFI 24

Aris 22

Ionikos 21

Apollon Kalamaria 20 = Relegation playoff w/ 2nd runner up B Ethniki

Ergotelis 19 = relegated to B Ethniki

Kerkyra 15 = relegated to B Ethniki

*** = fiction.... 'there is no NEW Balkan Cup

All kidding aside Greek football would be in better shape without (this) Olympiacos.

Who else's fans jeered other Greek athetes during the Athens Olympics? :nono:

and have the testicular fortitude, to lose in Europe after claiming that THEY, and thier lethargic imports, are the best that Greece has to offer! :blink: :LOL:

It's not good for Greece's reputation, the ntional fanbase, or even the National Team, to some degree!

Next time stay home! :ph34r:

Alright my friend...... Do you want to know why this is happening for Olypiacos? It's because they NEVER had a good coach. The only one that I can remember that actually came in there when the team was going through some tough-times and actually had the team winning was Katanec (if I spelled it correctly)

Your point is well taken here but you can't deny a team that wins or comes in second in their league to play in Europe.... No matter how bad they might be. The issue here is how behind Greek Soccer is from other top European Nations. YES! in the Euro our boys did a fantastic job and they are all heroes to us forever, but that happened because of the coaching that they had for the time that they were together. The same has to be said for Olypiacos and other "top" clubs in Greece. If this doesn't change, then don't look for real positive results.

This is a topic that we all can go back and forth and give our 2 cents in but it's nver going to be resulted. You and I know that Olympiacos is NEVER going to win the CL or UEFA and the same is going to be the truth for all of our Greek squads. Hate to say some thing in that aspect but it's the truth. We need to take one step at a time and improve Greek Soccer as whole first and then worry about what we do in Europe.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Alright my friend...... Do you want to know why this is happening for Olypiacos? It's because they NEVER had a good coach.

I disagree.

Perhaps my Arguement is more passionate than cerebral, but I implied an appathy amoung the players.

If Panathinaikos can come within a goal of eliminating Barcelona, Xanthi can despose of Udinese, than the best team in Greece can certainly do something similar.

Oly lost to Maccabi Tel Aviv with a 8:0 agregate, with one game in Cyprus when everyone was worried about the Kofi Annan plan. Then an inferior AEK teaM BEATS Maccabi 4:0 & 4:1?

Yes Newcastle is not Glenbirgily-glee-gluglu Ankara, but had Ergotelis play instead Ogousoto would have scored, and gaveme something to cheer for.

you can't deny a team that wins or comes in second in their league to play in Europe

My mistake. I meant that they should be given the option to stay home.

We need to take one step at a time and improve Greek Soccer as whole first and then worry about what we do in Europe.

An objective truthful observation.....

Time will tell

Archived