Phantis Forums

Transfers

m_kafes

With only 8 more games left in the Championship, the newspapers have already started having a go with our summer transfers.

Sportime reports that PAO are going to go after Tziolis and Spyropoulos, while they also report an alleged interest of Sporting Lisbon for Olisadebe and of Inter Milan for Papadopoulos. It also looks like some teams are gonna go after Goumas this summer.

I am not sure how much of the above will happen during the summer, but this as a piece of news has two readings for me.

1. Newspapers have nothing to report about PAO (cause there's nothing really happening on the big issue of the new stadium or on the pitch since we only have the Championship to go for), so they try to fabricate news.

2. PAO is really planning ahead (like all big teams should)

Personally I am not quite sure which of the two is going on. However, if the above are true about PAP, OLI and Gouma leaving in the summer, many PAO fans are gonna be unhappy. Those 3 ARE quality players (although they are not having the best of seasons) and I seriously doubt whether they are gonna be replaced by players of equal let alone better quality.

Regarding Tziolis and Spyropoulos,

Tziolis has shown signs of a great player and is very young also. I think he would be an excellent addition.

Does anyone know anything about Spyropoulos?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need left and right center back big time.... and center back like Kirgiako!

i like Breskas (what position play? mesos?) from panionio a lot... he is an amazing player!

i just read that zaets said in a british newspaper that konstantinou might leave this summer too. he wants to play for a big team. like portsmouth... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i agree it is quite funny to think of portsmoth as a big team, i mean leaving the champions league for a premiership relegation battle sounds pretty ridiculus, but playing man u, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, newcastle week in week out is a big deal for players in teams outside England, Spain and Italy, especially for a cypriot, who would make an entire country proud.

Dont you remember oly's best player stelios leaving for newly-promoted bolton?

There are many factors involved.... most of them are kids who haven't had much life experience outside football...

Konstantinou is making too much $ based on a contract from the old days.... these arrangements can't stand financially any more. He should stay with PAO, but...

we have tons of players to get rid of in the summer....(in no particular order):

my list: konstadinidis, maric, sanmanrtean, basinas, olizadebe, andric,bikofski, scatchel, delima freitas, zutautas (stil here?)....

some of them have contributed in the past, but i think they're done for PAO....

Trade them, or let them go....

Oh, and all the talk about getting other players, we have to decide what are the immediate and long-term goals of out team....

I believe we should get stability in the coaching dept, get together a group of players to form the basis of the team... PAO has gotten too many players in-out in the last 3-5 years.... most of them tourists....

(ahristoi, but some good... though the team changed many times in the same period)....

Finally, if you want to be a serious euro player then you need players of caliber, and you don't give up Karagouni, Fyssas, Kyriakos, etc....

Konstantinou is gone after the summer.. That is a guarantee it will be sad to see him go... Word out of Cyprus is that a couple English and Italian teams are after him........ If Pap and Konstantinou leave we are in big trouble...................

Triffili you hit it right on the nose who wouldnt want to play Chelsea, United, Arsenal week after week.. You must be crazy if you want to stay in the greek league if you have offers from the Premeirship!!!

Konstantinou is on a big money contract and I dun think PAO will want to have him continue on that same contract - I think if he stays it will be for less in my opinion. And i dun think he will be going to Portsmouth. I think its a load of crap. If PAO thought they could do without Mihalis why let him wait around till the end of his contract and let him go on a free. They would of sold him at a nice low porice last yr and made something off it.

As for the croats - I actually think Andric can do a job for us still - and Anderson, weve only seen him against AEK for like 50 odd minutes so lets not be harsh on him yet - he is testing our patience I know but afterall the patience weve had with Lucian, I think this kid will turn out ok - fingers crossed.

There have been alot of tourists at PAO last 3 odd yrs - we need to form a core, of like 3 4 important first team players, that arent too old (Munch would have been ideal but he is ageing) and build a team around them, and have a solid line up bc most of all we need consistency on the playing field and with our coaching staff. Let Malezani have time to build his team and lets not jump on the sack the coach band wagon after a draw and a loss.

Interesting fact - we havent conceded a goal under Malezani in the A Ethniki.

i dont mind croats if they are good...if they suck like the ones weve been getting, then i have a problem...maric is gone in the summer anywa...that leaves only two croats left..andric, who can help us alot and galinovic who is one of two qualified keepers...he has played for leverkusen and stuttgart dso he has some good experience in germany...i believe he is a defensive centre misdfiler...so it looks as though basinas might be on hiis way out...

Konstantinou is on a big money contract and I dun think PAO will want to have him continue on that same contract - I think if he stays it will be for less in my opinion. And i dun think he will be going to Portsmouth. I think its a load of crap. If PAO thought they could do without Mihalis why let him wait around till the end of his contract and let him go on a free. They would of sold him at a nice low porice last yr and made something off it.

As for the croats - I actually think Andric can do a job for us still - and Anderson, weve only seen him against AEK for like 50 odd minutes so lets not be harsh on him yet - he is testing our patience I know but afterall the patience weve had with Lucian, I think this kid will turn out ok - fingers crossed.

There have been alot of tourists at PAO last 3 odd yrs - we need to form a core, of like 3 4 important first team players, that arent too old (Munch would have been ideal but he is ageing) and build a team around them, and have a solid line up bc most of all we need consistency on the playing field and with our coaching staff. Let Malezani have time to build his team and lets not jump on the sack the coach band wagon after a draw and a loss.

Interesting fact - we havent conceded a goal under Malezani in the A Ethniki.

IF you read the Cypriot press Konstantinou is all but gone... IT looks like he might be playing in the Seria A according too www.simerini.com.cy... Portsmouth no chance, but never the less this is the last time you will be seeing Konstantinou in the Greek league..........

zaec simply stated he thought if konstandinou didnt resign, he would surely see the premiership, NOT nessisarily with s%$#! portsmouth fellas, unless something new has developed? his agent has received some nice offers from halfway decent teams as ive read.

According to Sportime, Tsiolis from Panionios is a done deal. Spyropoulos the same, provided he passes on his anti-drug test.

When Beos returns from New York, we will try to close out the deal with Mantzios.

These three players will be awesome news for PAO if the deal goes through. We are talking about three of the biggest talents in Greek football (especially Mantzios and Tsiolis). I love the fact that we continue to insist on young blood. Adding to that the fact that they are Greek only makes this better.

We will let them develop and mature and after a couple of years , we will sell them abroad. That is the way a succesful business is run. Credit to our Management (I know I will get shot for this)

yeap, PAO is a business... and the sooner we realize this the better off we'll be...

i was born a PAO fan and won't change, but i also now see it from a consumer's point of view.... if they don't give me what i want, then i have better things to do with my time....

it's sad actually...

Do not belive what Zets is saying or what the Cypriot newspapers write. Think for yourshelfs. Do you thing that Konstantinou has done enough to convice a big foreign team to buy him ? What I suspect is that Zaets was talking as a favor for Kostantinou manager, his very good friend that was getting the mizzes from all the Croats he was bringing to Pao. Kostantinou will probabaly accept a lower offer from Pao and not say a word. :ph34r:

-As for Porchmouth you should know by now that Zaets said due to the terrible team preformance he will resign from his post at the end of the season.

- I hear some of you saying that Andrich is a good player :tdown: :huh: :tdown:

-I would keep Marich instead of Antdrich any day, even though I know that Andich has a year left on his contract, while Marich contract expires now.

There is one thing that I really hope for. I hope that we will win the Chapionship this year, because we have all the right opporunities at the moment.

Then for next year we should change the team with new blood and try to make something good for the future with not any Chapinship demands, because of the big roster change.

Don't forget. From next season we will have 3 differnt comptetitions in Greece with the addition of the Ling Cup. :gr:

-I would keep Marich instead of Antdrich any day, even though I know that Andich has a year left on his contract, while Marich contract expires now.

:nono:

now that zutautas left Maric is the worst player on the team. The guy is absolutley pathetic in every area. Andric has shown effort, and skill and proves he can play in case of emergency or if we need to defend. Maric has sucked, sucks, and always will suck.

Do not belive what Zets is saying or what the Cypriot newspapers write. Think for yourshelfs. Do you thing that Konstantinou has done enough to convice a big foreign team to buy him ? What I suspect is that Zaets was talking as a favor for Kostantinou manager, his very good friend that was getting the mizzes from all the Croats he was bringing to Pao. Kostantinou will probabaly accept a lower offer from Pao and not say a word. :ph34r:

-As for Porchmouth you should know by now that Zaets said due to the terrible team preformance he will resign from his post at the end of the season.

- I hear some of you saying that Andrich is a good player :tdown: :huh: :tdown:

There is one thing that I really hope for. I hope that we will win the Chapionship this year, because we have all the right opporunities at the moment.

Then for next year we should change the team with new blood and try to make something good for the future with not any Chapinship demands, because of the big roster change.

Don't forget. From next season we will have 3 differnt comptetitions in Greece with the addition of the Ling Cup. :gr:

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT KONSTANTINOU IS GONE... HE WANTS TO PLAY ABROAD!!!! HE WILL NOT RESIGN FOR LESSER MONEY!!! IF YOU HAD A CHANCE TO MOVE TO A BETTER TEAM YOU WOULDNT....WHEN GREEK PLAYERS MOVE ABROAD THERE HEROS IF HE LEAVES WHAT IS DISOWNING THE TEAM HE COULD PLAY ON ANY TEAM IN EUROPE... WHEN YOU HAVE BETTER PLAYERS AROUND YOU, YOU PLAY BETTER AS WELL.... DONT LOOK AT THE GREEK LEAGUE THE CALIBER OF FOOTBALL IS NOT AS HIGH AS IT IS IN ENGLAND OR ITALY....HE IS ALL BUT GONE, IT WILL BE SAD BECAUSE OUR TEAM WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE BECAUSE PAPADOPOLOS WILL BE GONE TOO!!!

According to Sportime, Tsiolis from Panionios is a done deal. Spyropoulos the same, provided he passes on his anti-drug test.

When Beos returns from New York, we will try to close out the deal with Mantzios.

These three players will be awesome news for PAO if the deal goes through. We are talking about three of the biggest talents in Greek football (especially Mantzios and Tsiolis). I love the fact that we continue to insist on young blood. Adding to that the fact that they are Greek only makes this better.

We will let them develop and mature and after a couple of years , we will sell them abroad. That is the way a succesful business is run. Credit to our Management (I know I will get shot for this)

maybe i missed something, but wasnt mantzios supposed to go and play for a team in the pl?

Do not belive what Zets is saying or what the Cypriot newspapers write. Think for yourshelfs. Do you thing that Konstantinou has done enough to convice a big foreign team to buy him ? What I suspect is that Zaets was talking as a favor for Kostantinou manager, his very good friend that was getting the mizzes from all the Croats he was bringing to Pao. Kostantinou will probabaly accept a lower offer from Pao and not say a word.  :ph34r:

- I hear some of you saying that Andrich is a good player  :tdown:  :huh:  :tdown:

There is one thing that I really hope for. I hope that we will win the Chapionship  this year, because we have all the right opporunities at the moment.

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT KONSTANTINOU IS GONE... HE WANTS TO PLAY ABROAD!!!! HE WILL NOT RESIGN FOR LESSER MONEY!!! IF YOU HAD A CHANCE TO MOVE TO A BETTER TEAM YOU WOULDNT....WHEN GREEK PLAYERS MOVE ABROAD THERE HEROS IF HE LEAVES WHAT IS DISOWNING THE TEAM HE COULD PLAY ON ANY TEAM IN EUROPE... WHEN YOU HAVE BETTER PLAYERS AROUND YOU, YOU PLAY BETTER AS WELL.... DONT LOOK AT THE GREEK LEAGUE THE CALIBER OF FOOTBALL IS NOT AS HIGH AS IT IS IN ENGLAND OR ITALY....HE IS ALL BUT GONE, IT WILL BE SAD BECAUSE OUR TEAM WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE BECAUSE PAPADOPOLOS WILL BE GONE TOO!!!
chill man...are you michali?? do you know what going on inside his head?? all we have is specualtions now..dont get all worked up over rumours and what the paper wrtie...what will happen will happen...

maybe i missed something, but wasnt mantzios supposed to go and play for a team in the pl?
that was old news he had a supposed move to west ham......the EPL is s%$#! i dont really think Mixalhs or Mantzios moving from the greek league would boost anything but there wallets. Konstantinou unless he gets offers from spain or germany or france, portugal should stay in greece. Hes not for the italian game and the english is a waste of time unless its Chelsea or a huge club.....those small midtable clubs lead to absolutley nowhere.

Archived