Phantis Forums

The Greek Way of Football

nightsurfer

^^^ Agree Original 100%

People have had enough of it all these years and they have plenty on him now, the part I find the funniest of all is Oly fans said "once Syriza takes govt Meli will be facing courts and be locked up for the things he's done" yet it seems Syriza will be sending Marinakis to courts and a jail cell instead hahahaha (so we hope)

One thing I can see happening is Beos running his mouth and snitching on Marinakis is he (beos) gets found guilty again, I heard him on Dikh Ston Skai today and he didn't have nice words to say about him plus last week when all names were released he did say "how can the prosecutor have me in this list and not Marinakis"

Sadly I cant attach the link but on sdna.gr there is a great article about the corruption in Turkish football a fewa years back where Fener president was sent to jail. Red Sheriff argued me about this saying UEFA banned them from Europe,yes they did but if you read the story Turkish authorities also took matters into their own hands and people were jailed for it!!! NOW THATS DOING SOMETHING

Edited by Original Sydney

Red Sheriff the country's you mentioned are all under suspicion for match fixing.

There's numerous investigations that have been done on this problem plaguing European soccer....The smaller nations having a bigger problem from the higher leagues.

yes.....

but I don't see anything in the spending of the smaller clubs to suggest they are making money beyond their means....

they spend very little on players...zero or close to it on transfers...and little on infrastructure, So it's safe to assume that these smaller clubs are running on a shoe string budget justified by the small amounts they earn from TV rights, gate takings, sponsorships and from the owner chipping in...I'd be worried if we saw Turkish or Ukrainian type of spending..

^why spend when the results are a foregone conclusion? I suspect that if it is proved that their is indeed a criminal organization running Greek football (are we still debating this tbh?), and that all the parties involved are punished, owners not implicated would me more prone to invest in their respective teams.. A cleaner SL will also attract more viewers which in turn will generate more cash..

THEY WERE JAILED, OR CHARGED??......BUT TURKISH FA DID NOT PUNISH FENER AT ALL...

Can you imagine the Greek uproar if Marinakis was jailed and UEFA banned OSFP yet EPO did nothing?

Are you saying its a bad thing if this happens Sheriff? Seems as though the Oly fans are the only ones who will be upset.... I hope it happens and in the end the fans should be dirty on Marinakis not ANYONE else as he's brought them to this.....

Dikefale you think Aris will be in there? Honestly feel for them they were put in a tricky group in 3rd division and they just missed out on promotion by a point...

I was thinking ideally that would be a good selection of teams. Aris have a big fan base, would be good fir the league to have them back along with us and Iraklis...and eventually Larissa.

It is a shame they missed out but they'll be back.

• Like it 1

This is my biggest concern, why does everyone else need to do this but panionios don't have to? Then you have Sheriff saying they aren't a branch of Oly hahahahahaha some people really just cant admit truth even if it smacks them in the face....

Yes they had issues with the stadium also but again that got overlooked and they continued to play there....

Good points guys, and this has been happening with Panionio since the year we were shut out from European competitions. (2012)

A few other teams were spared by the league as well. I know Ofi was one of them for sure and I believe two of the other teams were Levadiako and Ksanthi but I'm not completely sure.

As for Ari .....F*** Ari. They sold their soul to the devil the year we were relegated and are now paying the price for their sins. I mean OlympiakAri.

Also guys, I hate Oympiako just as much as you guys and I definitely think they should be punished at some point and stripped of titles, but at the same time I can't imagine the Greek league without them. Winning the league in a year without Olympiako wouldnt feel the same. 

Any team that doesn't get a license should NOT be allowed in the league next year. Especially if they are repeat offenders, the first time should be a transfer ban like they have now but more strict, like the one we got which was only 3 signings or resignings of players over 23 and the rest need to be Greek. The second time automatic relegation to G ethniki. But all these teams are repeat offenders. Time to cut down on deadbeat clubs and managements.

I agree that winning the league will be so much sweeter when the gavroi are in it but F*** that they need to learn their lesson. Sure its the management's fault that they are corrupt as F*** but they represent the club and have been doing so for how many years now? Karma is a bitch and then you die. It's time for them to get a taste of their own poison I would not shed a tear if they were to be demoted (unlikely).

If Marinakis is busted then there is a chance some other c*******er will be in line to continue what they gave been doing for decades. 

" To psari vromaei apo to kefali" Get rid of them and the rest will crumble. A cleaner league will be presented. Guaranteed.

I'm looking after 1 team and 1 team only - A.E.K. 

Oly or no Oly we're going for the title.