Phantis Forums

The Greek Way of Football

nightsurfer

I have not forgotten 2 situations, which were against my team (AEK).

Both took in the last 12 to 5 minutes of the game......... and it cost us 3 points....

Now with the statement on contra.gr (below click) of Mr Anesti Fillipidis, President of OPAP.... more and more I have my doubts.

AGAINST..... OFI at OAKA.... where a pure-clear penalty has not been given on Kabadais in the stand of 1 : 1 in front of the referee (2 possibly points stolen)...

AGAINST ....Kalamaria at Nea Krini.....where also a clear penalty in front of the referee has not been given on Ivic in the last minutes in the stand of 1 : 2 (1 possibly point stolen)....

YOU MUST KNOW THAT I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND (GERMAN PART)...AND I AM VERY MUCH INFORMED ABOUT THE CASE "HOYZER AND THE CROATIAN BETTING MAFIA".... where the connections lead also to Greece....and therefore an official of UEFA is at the moment in Greece.

In Germany the referees have manipulated with Penalties some games.....and now the cases are taken care by the State Prosecuter.

It's proved legally that some games have been manipulated.

THE FULL REPORT

• 10 years later...

One is not exclusive of the other. Corruption can feed hooliganism and both can exist independent of each other. Guys who run on the field should be arrested and imprisoned. Its the only way it will stop. Corruption is a lot harder to effectively root out. It would have to start with an EPO that is truly independent of team owners.

The bigger question is why does it have to get to this point in the first place ?  If EPO had implemented some fairly basic things over the years (electronic tickets/cameras/life bans) then maybe Kontonis wouldn't need to be so radical ?

Having said that, I don't know enough about the background of all this.  I'm sure there is more to it being Greece.

• Like it 1

yes...and they had the opportunity to beat PAOK in that dramatic exciting shoot out match and the just could not finish...unfortunately for Apollon....but hey the President said 'it was all Olympiakos doing'???

and why would a game be fixed at 7-0 or 4-0??? does that not raise suspicion?  would not a 1-0 or 2-0 suffice to 'destroy' the Apollon giant?

So the only proof Sanchez has is that his President 'told him so'....

He would have been very entertained if he coached Panachaiki and his president was Kouyias.

Edited by RED SHERIFF

at the end of the day you can legislate in the Constitution to strip Olympiakos of their existence and stipulate that no club wearing red and white named Olympiakos playing out of Piraeus can ever be re formed...and it wont make any difference to Greek football. In 10 years we will be talking about the same s%$#! and be in the same position..

As a society we are not cultured enough to appreciate nor understand professional modern sport...we have an Ottoman - Balkan mindset to authority, rules, establishment, and the way we view accountability and responsibility as a collective.

We still blame others for the economic crisis (German ,Zionist plots etc)....we have no vision nor plans to move forward...

Why doesn't the government simply punish individuals who conduct criminal acts at football matches....Serious jail time..  it's not that hard..

• Like it 1

So you think it's a lie?

the essence of the article and his statements are based around 'his president told him so'....he is not saying Player X from club Y came to him and said Match A between Team 1 and Team 2 was fixed and that Player X was paid Z$$$ Amount...

His President said a lot of things last year and back tracked many times....I have little time for Greek Presidents across the board..

Apollon were relegated because they had an abysmal start to the season and were behind the 8 ball very early on...The President misjudged the standard and requirements of GSL compared to B Ethniki, by Christmas when he made some signings and appointed Sanchez the horse had bolted and they were playing catch up.....

The PAOK dramatic shoot out was the most exciting game of Greek football I have seen in 5 years....Appollon could have pinched it if they finished better...the 3 points may have been the savior..

I agree with much of what you say here, but we are also not cultured enough to burn out corruption and you have to admit the corruption is getting out of hand with 1 main winner from it all.

In terms of appreciating modern sport and blaming other for the economic crisis I agree with you 100% - the government is F***ed, was watching some clips of the Leoforos disaster of 2003 and same old s%$#!, nothing happened, but kala, 2003... this fan stuff has been happening forever 

I think the culture of the country is bizarre on these issues...and greeks are obsessed with conspiracies lack of self reflection and accountability always points to someone else  who appears to be prospering as corrupt...

there is a collective lack of sophistication in the 'notropia'

• Like it 1

All we keep waiting for is things to unveil and hold hope that something will be done but something tells me Kontonis will go back on his word and we wont be out of Europe and not much will change in the SL.....

So many names have been mentioned but it really doesn't seem like anyone is really doing anything about it, hope I am wrong though....

Red sheriff,

Can you explain to me how the smaller clubs in Greece which make up 60 percent pf the SL right now, are able to stay alive averaging 2000 fans per match with hardly no T.V. revenues?

Logic would suggest that those clubs are fronts for illegal business, and stay afloat by fixing matches, and also cleaning dirty money.

Maybe you have a different explanation, but people who suspect the SL for being corrupt, all show signs of logical thinking.

they have small budgets accordingly and subsequently struggle to assemble decent sides.....

this is no different to any second tier competition in any other European country...would the budget of teams 8-14 in Scotland or Croatia be bigger than Platanias?

Olympiakos chairman to appear before magistrate in June

Olympiakos chairman Vangelis Marinakis has been given until the beginning of June before he is questioned by anti-corruption magistrate Giorgos Andreadis, court source have told Kathimerini.

Marinakis is one of 16 people alleged to have cooperated to fix the outcome of Greek soccer matches. He denies the charges.

Apart from forming a criminal gang, which is a felony, the list of charges against the suspects consists of serial fraud, bribery and attempted blackmail. The last charge relates to an explosion at a bakery owned by referee Petros Constantineas in 2012.

Those charged include three officials from the Hellenic Football Federation (EPO), two members of EPO?s refereeing committee, three referees and two chairmen of Super League soccer clubs.

The other chairman charged, Levadiakos?s Yiannis Kobotis, gave evidence on Monday.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_27/04/2015_549484

Edited by Dikefale11
  • Like it 1

I just read that now what a joke that is.... Now we have to wait til June to see what other m*****es he comes up with.....

Once we get promoted I can really see a war of words happening between Meli & Marinakis since Meli did say when we get back to SL and the times right I will start talking then....

Have faith boys there is ALWAYS someone bigger & better out there and you can only stay at the top for so long, there are too many things against him this time hence why he adjourned his case yesterday, if he had nothing to hide he would've gone to court.....

As hard as it may be the courts MUST persist with this, we as fans aren't the only ones sick of all this s%$#! there are also people in govt that are sick of what's been happening....