Phantis Forums

PAOK - OLYMPIAKOS

Vasili0s

The Alpha Ethniki program has us going back up to Macedonia after our defeat with Kastoria in the cup, this time to her capital for the big derby against Paok.

Paok who is playing very well ever since Karageorgiou took over as coach, not to mention 23,800 sick paokzides at their side in what of course will be a hostile environment.

Hopefully we see some nice ball that will advertise Greek footy from both sides, we must go in there set the tempo and attack.

PAME OMADARA !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll be hard fought match. Hopefully the stadium will be packed and that'll set the tone and atmosphere for the home team.

2-1 win for PAOK or 2-2 tie. I don't think Oly will come out of Thessaloniki with a win this time.

'7 OLY Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Tohouroglou

Basically Rivaldo scores early we play good D, we win. That Kastoria match was a joke. It'll have no indication as to how the top players perform.

I think that, if we win, the championship will be over due to the huge morale boost. Tough match though. At least, it is completely unlikely to be sentenced again, our hot-tempered "fans" will not dare to show up in Toumba...

A team with a roster like ours is theoretically able to beat every other greek team, provided that we will perform accordingly to our abilities. Let's hope for it to happen.

Olympiakos lost to Paok last year 2-1 in Rizoupoli as a reminder

Olympiakos had a tough loss today to Kastoria

it was in really bad weather hopefully that won't be the case for the game coming up

we all Know the Paok fans will be very tough on our club

they will be hungry after the beat down they took in Karaiskaki

the good thing is most if not all our players are well rested for the match at hand

this is a good game for Olympiakos to play

their in hostile territory and need to find good form b/c of their Uefa cup battle with Newcastle coming up

i really thing Olympiakos will win this game

they are a better team

granted Paok as raised their play since the start of the season and they have a reason to play their in 5th place and behind Xanthi for fourth

hopefully their is good football

no fan crap violence

and more importantly Olympiakos wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Protathlitis

paok has not won a alpha ethniki game agains oly for some years now!

this is the time to beat them

didnt they beat them last year in rizoupoli? or was that the year before either one......
i mean at home
I think he does too mate ;)

we won 0-2 at toumba last year and then they beat us 1-2 at Rizoupoli when we were playing some horrible football

paok is not a good team this year at all; we should win

1-3 Thrylos

paok is not a good team this year at all; we should win

1-3 Thrylos

maybe at the start of the season, but now with karageorgiou, it's installed pride and some organization, they ripped arhs in a hard edra, and speaking about edres, toumba will be hell come sunday, it will be a tough match nomatter how you look at it.

it's a last run for some of the boys though, i think we'll see a big THRYLOS in salonica !

PAME !

Well, that is a thing that I have seen many times

You keep a player off the pitch while he is well, and you will end up playing him injured.

I was afraid that something like that will happen

He could at least help in the snow/mud before he get injured (He has did it before in Barcelona, in same conditions, he scored his goal no. 100 in Barça in a place called Torrelavega, which looked even worse than the Kastoria pitch, it was all a muddy pudle, he scored it more swimming than running, but he felt that Barça has to win always.. It was a Cup match also)

Now, Oly will have to prove its worth without Rivaldo.

It will be a mistake to let him play injured, He will not perform and a healthy player will sit on the bench

It is true that he played in the Mundial in the final against Germany with a sprain in the left ankle, but it was really a special occasion and afterwards he could rest for a month and more.

Here is the article in English for those who have difficulties in reading Greek

(Quote from ERT)

Rivaldo Injured

04 Mar 2005 20:29:00

By Ilias Papaioannou

The Brazilian football star Rivaldo will play in the critical game on Sunday in Touba against PAOK. Rivaldo, a little before the end of the training session in Rendis suffered a sprain on his left ankle, which caused a shock to his team mates and the training session team. Dusan Bajevic included the Brazilian in the team roster in Thessalonica since he is waiting to see what will happen in tomorrow’s last training session and in the case his situation gets better.

Giovanni and Castillo Eveready

As opposed to Rivaldo who might not participate, his fellow countryman Giovanni and Uruguayan Castillo will play in the game.

The 19 players that the Serb Greek coach selected for the game are the following: Nikopolidis, Giannou, Mavrogenidis, Pantos, Schurrer, Anatolakis, Vallas, Kostoulas, Stoltidis, Kafes, Maric, Georgatos, Djordjevic, Filipakos, Castillo, Giovanni, Okkas, D’Akol.

(End of quote from ERT)

Rivaldo has just been ruled out of the game vs Paok :( :( Lets hope he is fit vs Newcastle :tup: C'mon boys lets play as a team for the entire 90 minutes..The pressure is definately on...Olympiakos 2-1 with Kafes scoring the winner :P

the way things were transpiring and following the Paok game we have a UEFA cup clash with Newcastle on thursday

it was pretty obvious for Rivaldo to be ruled out of this match up

do remember Rivaldo's best and most entertaining game came against Paok.

but Olympiakos has had a couple of days to pratice w/o Rivaldo which is key

better then being just last min

anybody know the expected line up ??

will their be Olympiakos fans traveling to toumba???

most importantly lets go and win

'7 OLY Rivaldo

W-Nikopolidis

L- Tohouroglou

Basically Rivaldo scores early we play good D, we win. That Kastoria match was a joke. It'll have no indication as to how the top players perform.

Ahhh well there goes that idea with Rivaldo out!!!!!!!

I think a 1-1...and Okkas misses a sitter in the end to win the game!! :whistle: :whistle:

Will Rivaldo be fit for Newcastle?

Archived