Phantis Forums

Kastoria - OLYMPIAKOS

Vasili0s

The first leg of the quarterfinal in the GREEK CUP has us travveling up north to Macedonia to play Kastoria.

Bajevic at this point is VERY worried about the heavy program the players are putting in with matches in Greece and UEFA, thus LEAVING OUT the following players :

Why is Bajevic doing it?

Two games in a row without letting Rivaldo play??

OK’ I understood that in the last game he was on the bench just incase’ and the game went alright without needing him

I even thought that he is spare for the Cup

Now he is not even in the delegation??

Is he injured or Bajevic is punishing him for something only he knows about?

I am disappointed because the Cup matches are the only one I can watch on line

Anyhow I hope that the game will be fine with the young ones, and no crazy “fans” there, because if it goes on like that we will not have even one more game with public all the season

Luz I know you love Rivaldo, and hell what gavraki doesn't, but the man is going to need his rest. Things like this should be expected considering the average age of our roster, and more importantly, with the games against Paok,Newcastle and AEK coming up.

well this was all over the Greek papers yesterday

neo aima

that's great to see

i mean were vsing against a good division 2 team and well Olympiakos back ups hopefully fit the test and more importantly get the win

don't cry aboiut not seeing Rivaldo here

we will see him on the weekend barring he is fit

and he will be

we have alot of tough games ahead

were basically in 3 competitions

these players also need the time to play and this will be great for them

lets go and win

Guest Protathlitis

so we have to go to Macedonia probably not play, come back to Athens, then go back to Macedonia to play Paok then play newcastle?

all that by bus since no planes are flying

Maybe these bad weather conditions is the reason for the radically new lineup. The game might be postponed or take place in a terrible terrain. Good opportunity for the young blood to show that they have guts!

If the game isn't played today, by rules they must play it the NEXT day ! In other words, everyone wants to get it over with.

The trip was done by charter from Athens to Salonica, and then from their they took the bus to Kastoria.

Thank you for the pictures

Can you tell some more about the place? Is it a small town? Where exactly it is located? What is the height above sea level??

I have been in Greece many times but never in winter. Once we (I and my husband) even came all the way from Zagreb (former Yugoslavia, now Croatia) to Piraeus by scooter, so I have some knowledge of northern Greece...

As to my complain about Rivaldo not playing it was for the following reason:

It is normal and usual to rotate players when the team plays in 3 competitions

Milan has done it all the time

But, I was worried because he was spared 2 matches in a row, which is not so usual

Yes, he gets his rest, but he loses something else which is called in Spanish “ritmo de juego” (Rhythm of games) It is like he will come from a vacation or injury and will have to fit into the team again/

Well, In Portuguese it is called entrosamento, for a team to be well integrated with each other, if the line up is changed almost every game, it may cause some problems

You may say that the men are training together every day, I hope it is enough, I have no idea how is the training system, do they have training games (one group against the other etc)

Unfortunately, the Oly site is very bad, unlike other teams sites that give the information about everyday trainings, sometimes even with videos

Let us only hope that the thing that happened to Athletic Bilbao will not happen to us

They went to Vienna, came back without playing, then came again back next week and it was as snowy but they play 0:0 because it was impossible to do any decent football

Afterwards the Austrian came to Bilbao and surprisingly won 1:2 and eliminated the same team that had some days before defeated RM in the Bernabeu (And it is definitely a better team)

In a snowy terrain, the locals who are used to it have a certain advantage

In spite of al the above, I hope for a victory

:tup:

Go Kastoria!!!!

I watched the first 10 minutes of the game before I left for work, and the field was cleaared up from snow, but from what they say on the radio it is snowing quite heavily in the 2nd half of the game.

Kastoria-Osfp 2-1 final. It was snowing, the terrain suitable mostly for skiing. It was a smart move for us to put our inexperienced young players in this freaking terrain. There wasn't a need to preserve our prestige in this hell and destroy our chances in the league and Uefa.

I do not agree with you Dipapa, Experienced players can cope better with these conditions, but thanks Dakol for the away goal

Let us hope that it can be amended at home

How were about Kafes and the others, the experienced ones?? And about the goals, was it Nikopolidis fault?

I have not seen the game, so will anybody be so kind to give some match report

Is Kastoria that good or were we so bad??

:(

kastoria is a good team...they were just promoted from the 3rd divsision and are competing to win the 2nd division this year......last year they made it to the final 4 of the cup but lost to OSFP.... i didnt really think OSFP would beat them in this type of weather with so much to rest with PAOK and Newcastle coming up....Hopefully Kastoria will tie in karaiskaki because im tired of seeing the same teams in the final.....no osfp no aek no pao.....kastoria for uefa!!!

Archived