Phantis Forums

Why are we in Crisis?

Kostas

upon casual review of our team going into the season, this current crisis seems as if it comes out of nowhere. now it seems that nothing is working right. so where did this come from, and who is to blame. like anything regarding our team, there is no easy answer.

doihkssh: the criticism is that they are not keeping the roster in check. they are paying attention to the fianancial situation, to the new stadium, but not the players.

fine, but: are we then saying that the players need a boogie-man presence to keep them in check? a psomiadis? if this is our level, and the level of our players professionalism...

bajevic: criticism is that he doesn't care any more- that he no longer has control of the players. this is obviously true, but it is also obvious that he is doing what is necesarry for damage control. whether or n ot some of us here like it, he cannot leave now. some say the war with Original. this is largely over in its public form, we was coaching the team quite nicely last year when the battle between dusan-fans was quite heated.

players: how many of you read what kasapis said yesterday? the fault, if we believe michalis, and we have no reason not to, is with the players, at least some of them. they disregard the coach, they do not try int eh pitch. and yet these same players went on a 12 game winning streak last season and managed not to lose to teh likes of madrid and roma. keep in mind that they did this during a period of great uncertainty and financial strain. now they are paid to some extent regularly.

so the question is why? for at least 3 years now, some of us have been talking of the need for th eteam to renew its roster, to bring in players who are not saturated from their careers. yet we still have key players who were on our roster almost a decade ago. we rely on a number of players, over 30, who have some degree of job security and could care less if we win a championship or not.

more input please...

All valid points Kosta... the fact is, we are in Greece.... imagine this happening in England? Not likely. I mean for God's sake, Houlier is still in charge at Liverpool and he is not going no where nearly as well as Liverpool want to go. But this B/S is not happening in Greece. I believe this involves a lack of planning in Greece. They always go for the short term fix (band aid solutions) and dont go for the longer term view and try and fix the structual problems at AEK and in Greek Football in general.

They always go for the short term fix (band aid solutions) and dont go for the longer term view and try and fix the structual problems at AEK and in Greek Football in general.

Peristeri... one of the best things I have heard in this forum!!!

:nw: :nw: :nw:

After Okkas - Lybe... transfers the expectation were too high...... and we better needed in other positions great enforcements......

Also a lots of big names...bring also a lots of jealousy with them.....

In all meaning we are refugees without home.... and that does not stabilize our psyche.....

They always go for the short term fix (band aid solutions) and dont go for the longer term view and try and fix the structual problems at AEK and in Greek Football in general.

Who can plan better for the future.... a.) a rich person.... ? or b.) a day labourer ?

Who of the both is enforced to improvise ?

Who can plan better for the future.... a.) a rich person.... ? or b.) a day labourer ?

I would rather say that a man chased by a lion, be he rich or poor, is likely to concentrate on the short term solution.

Nightsurfer, I see that you have remembered that Ascension follows the Resurrection by 40 days and you have changed your signature. Too late, the die is cast!

Why does Okkas consistently play yet Lybe doesnt?

Lymbe was hurt at the end of last season. Did not play all summer. Did not attend preseason in Austria and did not sign with AEK until the last day possible.

It takes more than 1.5 months to get into top shape, after you have been out that long. If you go back, he has not played many full games (if any).

I would rather say that a man chased by a lion, be he rich or poor, is likely to concentrate on the short term solution.

Nightsurfer, I see that you have remembered that Ascension follows the Resurrection by 40 days and you have changed your signature.  Too late, the die is cast!

a) So in this case Greeks institutions... including sport clubs are chased by lions... but one Greek is chased by the German Parliament.......

c) My actual signature is dedicated to Xiotakis' Ascensions.... within his 30.25 square meters territory......

d) Some AEK players did not support the sudden acceleration during the Ascension... and fell to the hard bottom again.. , so AEK is heading down again to collect them... and we are preparing for our next Ascension.. which will follow short after the next derby...........

e) Stin stigmi vafoume ta avga mas............ kai h dimosiografi... trexoune dexia kai aristera.....me mbogiades..........

Why does Okkas consistently play yet Lybe doesnt?

Lymbe was hurt at the end of last season. Did not play all summer. Did not attend preseason in Austria and did not sign with AEK until the last day possible.

It takes more than 1.5 months to get into top shape, after you have been out that long. If you go back, he has not played many full games (if any).

Thats my point....play him. He wont get fit by sitting on the bench. Okkas is missing chance after chance....then he needs to get what Chiotis copped and get dropped from the squad.

well om21 our right okkas should get benched and lymbe should play to get fiter. also ivic or nails should play up front with him so he has stirixei.

but the problem is much deeper. players attitudes towards dusan and club aksing for prim when season just started. them not giving 100% vs small teams like halkidona and still expecting to win.

then we have injuries to key players who have made the system of 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 of last yr the success it was eg: kapsis. lakis and ossibly petkov to an extent. that threw dusan off and late signing of lymbe and abonsah didn't help cause as they didn't adapt quick enough to playing style asked of bajevic.

one reason which i can't fault is fans support. while last yr they might have gone overboard and were criisised this yr they have been nothing short of supportive. they haven't done anything that might have annoyed dusan more than last yr so if people still blame original21 for this yrs problems then they're nieve. their reactions after halkidona match was right as it showed they cared about result and what this means for aek. if not they wouldv'e just gone home and not care and players would get impression that's acceptable.

i don't think dusan should go until next yr. he has to get chance to play with full 11 with kapsis, lakis and even petkov with our 3new signings and see how they play. every new player qon't gel in 1st few months it's only logical. the fact that we have break this week due to n.t commitments is a blessing for aek which gives team and dusan to revise their tactics and approach to rest of the yr.

i still think we haven't lost the title yet as we beat osfp in 3 weeks we're only 3-4 pts behind them. if we get players playing with hunger again we should do much better in a month or so.

Thats my point....play him. He wont get fit by sitting on the bench. Okkas is missing chance after chance....then he needs to get what Chiotis copped and get dropped from the squad.

You are talking a 1 to 1 substitution. Striker for striker. Remember, Okkas hasnt played striker all year... he has been playing attacking right extreme (Lakis' position). Lymbe does not play extreme. He is a forward or attacking midfielder.

I also dont think he is fit enough to play midfielder yet...

I feel bad for you guys. You have a solid team on paper, but you can't pay them or win against Chalkydona with them...Bajevic will go I think and it's sad. I respect and like you guys. I hoped that you'd be able to help us take down Olympiakos, but I guess not...

Boys as a PAOK fan and not to put a sour note on this OKKAS cheats on the park I would play Lybe any day before okkas even illia, dont get me wrong I would have them in my team any day. Food for thought I dont see why AEK got Okkas when Machlas was avaliable and don't give me the age reason as Aek went out and bought Lybe.

Archived