Phantis Forums

NHL Season

I hate the NBA, it seems like you now have be borderline- retarted (think immature and with no common sense whatsoever) to make a name for yourself. These are the same idiots that say they can't feed their families on 10 million USD a year (Lattrel Spreewell, also strangled his coach at practice :angry: :o) and ask for time off to...produce his own rap album :blink: :not: :LOL: ) This was the same dude that went balistic and started the brawl in Detroit. The NFL is salso in that mold, cept' they keep bringing in the $$ bigtime. MLS is probably as popular as hockey as brings in the same amount of $$, cept' the players realize this and don't fight for obscene salaries for the exposure and revenue the teams bring in. I think ice hockey will come back next year, though I dunno if it'll survive. What they need to do is get rid of or relocate franchises (Atlanta, Nashville, Florida, Phoenix, crappy southern teams), as their killing the league and damn near bankrupt. That and the salary issue.

NHL is stupid. Fight all you want i dont care. we have NFL MLB NBA and GREEK SOCCER we dont need NHL am i right?

The NHL isn't all about fighting.

It's one of the hardest sports on earth. And when it's played the way it's meant to be played...it runs circles around the NBA and MLS in terms of speed and skill. The NFL can be one of the most boring things to watch. It's the media and money that's pumped into it that hypes it up so much. College ball is more exciting.

fighting he means as in argue amonst each other as to who will get what portion of the money to go around.

I cant believe that the NHLers went to Europe minor leagues. UHL... charity games but will not play in the NHL. for more money then they will ever will in those leagues

then they tell u were doing this not for money to stay in shape

idiots you could have done that in the NHL

The NHL and NHLPA made a bad mistae, they ruined the sport, this sport was a great sport, to both wathc and play, and now all it is is money. I feel sorry for the players who actually wanna play...

In other news, a rich company wants to buy all the NHL teams for 3.5 billion dollars, whihc is pretty good value considerign that there are 30 teams in the NHL, although by the end of all this crap, there probably be only 18-20 teams left, including the original 6 teams. what do you guys think, should the NHL accept the offer nor not, please respond :tup:

They should accept the offer and then close down 14 teams that lose the most money and start a 16 team league with only 8 of them making it to the play-offs. Get back to the roots when NHL was the best sports show in North America.

Yea they should get rid of (or relocate to northern USA/Canada) the southern teams that are crap and put all of those players in a "redistribution" draft, so more talent can be had amongst the remains. That and lowering the obscene ticket prices (they should be low at first to get the fans back). I hope they don't get rid of my hometown Washington Capitals though :unsure: !

Oh yeah, they should make the game more "international/European." Things like getting rid of offside, 2-line pass, and put in no-touch icing to make the games more open and high-scoring. Any other international rules the should be implemented and/or NHL rules removed to make the quality of play better??

• 2 weeks later...

guys. I am pissed off that a great pastime just went down the drain for one season. That is what I meant about fighting. Also, we cannot just say other sports are stupid. I used the other examples as to what we still have availible to us. I am saying that if they cant come up to an agreement...... then screw them. What are you personally going to do? Make an agreement?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...