Phantis Forums

Summer 2005 Transfer period

Batigol

Well, given that the January window is now closed, we now need to look ahead to the next few months and how our new signings are going to work out for the team.

Now I don't mean to get ahead of myself but PAOK are clearly in a rebuilding phase and looking to the future with their younger players leading the way.

The summer is going to bring new names, rumours, and gossip for the club. As it does with every other club as well. There are a few names however, that have come to light as being free of their contract. The one name that really appeals to me is Giorgiadis.

I know all Oly fans are only too willing to give him away and are probably going to be glad to see him gone.

But I still think he's got some gas left in him and would be a good piece to the PAOK puzzle.

1) He's an exprienced, creative midfielder: A position and player that PAOK are seriously lacking.

2) Could be had on the cheap: Given his age and options, PAOK might be able to swing him over.

3) He has PAOK in his soul: He's an acclaimed Paoksti...a rarity amongst players it seems. And he, from what I know, is admired by the fans. He also forgave PAOK for the monies that they owed him after he left. I think it was to the tune of 2-4 hundred thousand Euro too.

What do you guys think?

Any other suggestions as far as free agents go?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

It seems Kostikos is scouting players in Hungary and Cyprus, while Karageorgious seems to have given a green light to the return of Konteon and Eleftheriadis, who are on loan to Niki Volos and Ergotelis.

Expect a huge set of silly and rediculous rumours in the newspapers to start over who PAOK will bring in as we edge closer to the summer transfer period.

I would hope for 1 or 2 players max. This team doesn't have any money. They have a few promising players, and some players in the system, and some who haven't had the time to gel with others.

1) Promising players:

Shikabala

Theodoridou

Fernandez

Skarmoutsos

2) System players:

Konteon

Eleftheriadis

3) Players that have yet to gel:

Meicel

Megahed

And the other players mentioned above.

PAOK shouldn't be foolish and hope to line up a whole boatload of players they can't pay. Karageorgiou might want to bring in a player or two from Xanthi. That wouldn't be surprising given his past there and I couldn't see it getting that expensive from that end. PAOK need to be smart about these transfers though. Stick with the youth, stick with the system. Allow these players to grow together and build a solid foundation for the future.

Which Players will be free in the summer that PAOK will be able to acquire??

Secondly I always knew Koutsopoulos had it in him, but he has never realy given more oportunity to progress like when Vryzas was copping thew bench before he went to perugia!!!

Spears I don't have a list of free agents, but here is PAOK's Current Roster page that is pinned to see the PAOK squad and when their contracts expire. That way we know who might be leaving us. Here is the link:

PAOK's current roster

Player's whose contracts expire on June 30, 2005:

Zavantias

Theodoridis

Spasic (+1)

Psomiadis

Louka (+3)

Karadimos

Ekgomitis (+1)

The + number in paranthesis next to players name means that PAOK has the option to renew their contracts for that many years if they decide to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ziaka, can you translate the jist of this? again my greek is not very good.

My understanding is that PAOK is looking at their options to see what players they might sell (including Salpigidis) depending on how their economic problems turn out. Is that right?

Thanks, Niko

Not quite Niko.

Salpiggidis's agent has contacted Goumenos and asked him about rumors going around that they are trying to sell the player. Goumenos turned down those rumors. Goumenos went one step furher by asking the agent and the player next week to discuss a possible extension to his current contract that ends on 31-June-2006 and is worth 600,000 Euro (3 years). The article also mentions that Udese will be sold only if there is a good offer from a foreign based team.

In the end the article says that players that are currently on loans to other teams, such as Eleftheriadis, Konteon, Makris and Malezas will return to PAOK for the next season.

Re sy, kapou eida simera, contra, isos sto press room, kapoia yponooumena gia kleismeno BAM apo ti thesalloniki gia gavrus ..Distixos, mono enas paiktis tha ekane BAM (an kai 3-4 akoma einai exisou kaloi, alla oxi BAM, gia ta standard tou xerola ellinioui poadou)

udese and salp are (i believe) the futre of the team and are already very important players. Salp won't really want to leave seeing as he was born in salonika and paok is his favourite club. although i am quite scraed of udese leaving, but if he has to go he has to go but at least if we are going to get rid of him lets get a good price for him( and lets not sell him to olympiakos)

For a strong PAOK side next year players wise PAOK need to acquire 4 players of key value to the team to add to what we have!

-2 midfielders , 1 Stricker and 1 defender.

We must sign these palyers as free transfer to add to the core of players like Salp and Udeze.

Kouloheris is a free agent if olympiakos does nto resign him in the summer. konstantinidis will be a free agent, and im not a scout nor a manger but im sure the club can find another quality striekr and centre mid to add to players like

Megahed, Karapudis, Meicel, Zagrofakis, Theodoridis, Koutsopoulos..

And rising palyers like Konteon, Eleftheiraids, Moyiano, Fernandez.

We have a good base but the difference will eb made in the transfer.

Now for thsi to occer we msut first fixe up the PAE. Which we need a miracle ala AEK for this!

The miracle that AEK enjoyed isn't open, nor should it be, open to us. That miracle is arthro 44.

Spears, I know what you're trying to say. And in a perfect world they could do it. I'm just not sure how these guys are go to sign players if they don't have any cash for them. They are going to have to sell their assets to get some badly needed cash. And even then, that cash will probably go to service some outstanding debts.

Whos is this talent from Bugalria that PAOK are interest in??

IBANOF or soemthign Ziaka you heard anything???

With a PAOK team that can utilise theodoridis and Vangelis. Put together with Salp,Udese,Feutsini plus the upcoming talents like Sikabala,Megahed and others we might be buildign a strong squad guys.

A major striker e.g Cleyton, Washigton, Agritis

to add to Salp and Meicel.

Giasemakis must go.....

And just quality youngsters all over the park, that will have potential to become big players... To create a competitive feel amopnsgt the players all fighting for spots...

Lagos, Illliadis.... We have to make positive signings..

Papadimitrou from Xanthi would be a Great signing for our defence.

But once agaian money si a mahor factor

i don't know about Ivanov, but I believe Kostikos was looking at Jankov who played in the Bulgaria-Hungary youth game. As for another striker, don't forget we will have Shikabala next season. Also heard that we might be trying to het Hadxi from Kalamaria.

Giasemakis definitively has to go, but has a long term contract with a team. It might be hard to get rid of him.

Sikabala striker for some reason I had attacking midfield in my head. Ok that means our strike force will be pretty solid for next season.. guys.

The midfield is still lacking though guys.. sorry and it was jankov not ivanov. Heard anything bout him Ziaka, except for the biggest talent to coem out of Bulgaria or Hungary which ever one

That's great news!!! :tup:

According to recent reports, PAOK front office and coaching staff are in discussions on what players to keep and which to release. According to rumors it has been decided that 5 current players will not be coming back for next season. Two players that will not be coming back for sure are Zavantias and Louka. We'll see who the other three will be.

Players whose contracts expire are:

Zavantias (reported to be history)

Louka (reported to be history)

Theodoridis

Spasic

Psomiadis

Karadimos

Ekgomitis

My opinion is that Spasic and Ekgomitis will not be coming back. I hope they sign Theodoridis. Also, it would be nice if they could end the contract with Giasemis, but that would cost the team a lot of money.

Archived