Phantis Forums

Willie Solomon?

Hey guys I am from Memphis and wondering if anyone could help me out. A few years ago Will Solomon was drafted by the Grizzlies and played his rookie season here. I thought he was a good shooting guard just undersized and didn't have the ball handiling capability to be a point guard. I heard he played for a Greek team I was wondering if anyone had any idea if he is doing well or what he's up to. THANKS!

WILLIE SOLOMON WAS PLAYING FOR A YEAR IN THE BIGGEST BASKETBALL CLUB IN GREECE, ARIS THESSALONIKI(THE CLUB OF NIKOS GALIS,PANAYIOTIS GIANNAKIS, GIANNIS IOANNIDIS ETC, THE HALF OF THE NATIONAL TEAM OF GREECE 1987 CONSISTED OF PLAYERS OF ARIS).

GOOD SHOOTING GUARD BUT HE WAS NOT GIVING PASSES!

AT ARIS THESSALONIKI HE USED TO PLAY AS POINT GUARD, BUT EVERY TIME HE WAS PLAYING AS SHOOTING GUARD WAS BETTER! :D

WE DIDN'T HAVE A SERIOUS POINT GUARD(GAGALOUDIS.... A CRAZY MAN BUT GOOD SOME TIMES) SO SOLOMON WAS PLAYNIG AS A POINT GUARD FOR A LONG TIME.

FINALLY, I PREFER SMUSH PARKER WHO WAS PLAYING LAST YEAR AT ARIS THESSALONIKI! INCREDIBLE PLAYER! :nw: I THINK NOW HE IS AT DETROIT PISTONS.

At Efes Pilsen this year, he has also doubled his defensive stance and he is one of the best guards in the Euroleague this year. His problem seems to be inconsistency. He had a 35pt-game vs Partizan Beograd but there were games when he was simply not on his day. In the Efes line-up he plays the PG role (Solomon PG - Domercant SG - Kecman SF - Nikolic PF - Ermal C). But when our young hero Ender comes on he shifts to the SG position, in which he is much more successful at...

Archived