Phantis Forums

Ofori-Quaye Quits?

Lazarus

It's amazing how many talent Olympiakos manages to choke, isn't it? A practice that hasn't changed since the early sixties (at least that's how far I can remember). So much talent joining Olympiakos and there's no outlet!... Greece is a tiny market and without anything to show in Europe, all these highly talented soccer players fall flat on their face!...

Now, why is it that Olympiakos amasses all this talent and does squat on an international level? I have my own theory, but let me listen to your's first...

Ofori-Quaye a talent? Ok, so maybe he was but let's hold our horses and put some things under perspective for a moment, ok? Maybe he had some potential but I don't think OSFP can be blamed for his lack of effort. Because it really was a lack of effort that put him in the bench even at times when OSFP had no logical choice but him. As much as I hate to admit it, Choutos also had potential, and what did he do with it? Nada.

You want talent? Castillo has lots of it. Personally I bow to him and wish him a good and healthy career. And you know what? If we play OSFP and he scores three times against us, I won't be dissapointed because the kid is ok and he deserves it. Just like deep down inside I know that there are a few Oly fans that will be proud to take one from a kid like Sanmartean. No comparison here, completely different players but they both seem really promising.

The one thing Castillo doesn't need though is the headlines at "Protathlitis" calling him the new Maradona (literally).

PS : By the way, I think Castillo and Giovanni make a perfect pair and can be devastating, even though none of them is actually a striker.

Take care.

I wonder why Olympiakos does not use often Castillo ?

As for Sanmartean..he reminds me... when we were kids..and were playing in the streets..and in the fields soccer...after and before school...... also there we had some guys.. , who would take the ball and do it all by them selves... .... just to entertain themselves.... ... later those types went to a football club.. for competition games... they did not succeed there... because due...lack of intelligence on the field..... called....efficiency......

Sanmearten's game is not structured...although very entertaining to watch......but in football entertainement alone does not guarantee points....

Agreed, surfer. But it's not like there's no place for such players in the greek league. Getting a better, more exciting and competitive league is far more important than reaching the quarter finals once every twenty years in Europe. But no, seriously, if he learns, the game is his, if he doesn't, well, as you've said, there's tons of kids out there who can dribble and do fun stuff.

I know what you mean by efficiency, but look, four games five assists, it's not bad. Let's see if he does improve.

Point is, neither Sanmarteans nor Castillo need any early praise by Protathlitis and Derby and such trash papers.

I know what you mean by efficiency, but look, four games five assists, it's not bad. Let's see if he does improve.

That's the point.. he is a very talented football player... so giftful...and you see that he could help his team much more... with a portion of brain....

if such a talent is wasted.. for the gallery.... so he loses his energy... for nothing... and misses the right moment..for the opening pass....

So his motto is: Less is more

But I think is very difficult for any coach to make clear to him the above issue...

Archived