Phantis Forums

AEK's Achilles heel

nightsurfer

... has been the Goalkeeper for several saisons.....

Beside "the freak(s)"... ,who has been preaching it desperately saison for saison now....also the great AEK community realises slowly our main weakness (with the exception of the Phantis-Board) .... :whistle:

But don't think that the AEK Board is not aware of this problem. Finally :)

So by private sources, it has been said to me that AEK could have engaged Eleftheropoulos for January..... but fortunately they did not :)

Because they are in contact with a good Goalkeeper. To our misfortune they can engage "this" Goalkeeper only by next Summer....

Let's see ........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, what are you talking about, Michailidis and Chiotis could have Buffon as their understudy!!

Unless you fail to see the sdarcasm in the above, you must have not been on the board much. People here (rightly so) always bitch about them. If Arabatzis is worse then them, he should qut football and become a florist.

AEK also hasn't had a good right back since... Vassilopoulos!!

(OK Borbokis in his heydays, 7 years agoi now..)

Skepsou na min eixame to Tsouvali ton Xioti kai ton LongBoy ton Mixailidi sto terma mas ....kai na eixame enan para poli kalo Termatofilaka....

To minimum tha eixame pari 1 protathlima...kai tha pairnousame sta semi finals stin Evropi....

You can go through all the "what if..." scenarios you want. It doesn't matter. It's a moot point. Moreover, asserting that a different goalkeeper would have made such a huge difference and that AEK would have won a Championship and would have progressed in CL is just preposterous. You cannot possibly make that sort of prediction based on one man.

I could sit here and wonder about all the things I could do with a million dollars. Hmm...imagine the possibilities???? But I don't have it. So why dwell on it as if it's something that I deserve?

The point is, AEK does not have a very good goalkeeper. That is that. "If the had him...", or "If he had saved that.....". What does it matter now? They didn't have the money back then to get a solid goalkeeper and they don't have the money now.

Eleutheropoulos is a hack. He was good once, but that's in the past. I'm shocked that he's actually been given a chance in Italy but his play thus far is not going to keep him there. Like too many Greeks before him, he's going to come back to Greece, play for some smaller team, and that's going to be that.

I'm with surfer on this one, as usual. Think about it. We lost 2 protathlimate se isovathmia kai me 2 podous diafora an de kano lathos!!! MichaChiotis' m*****es have costed us a LOT more than 3 points compared to the gafes of Nikopolidis (mainly), but even buttefingers Elefthero/Giannou/Bucek/Katergiannakis/Talikriadis:)

Not sure about the semi-finals in Europe..but we did have a hell of a squad!!

Katsou/Tsartas/Demis/Lakis/Zaago played together and were geniouses. Apart from ou right back and our left wing, we were a hell of a team.

Platakis, you forgot to mention Kapsis.... He is class too as he has shown it in Portugal....

When AEK played against Grasshoppers in Zurich .... I made a statistic about Xiotis....

IN 17 Crosses..... (Corners included).... he did not catch one ball.... I repeat EVEN NOT ONE..... The defenders can not always clear all the crosses.... Sooner or later you get silly goals and you are behind...... Like in Monaco... when we started well ....then Xiotis did his miracles on Corners.... sto telos TESSARA h DORTIARA.....

Sometimes I made my notes about Xiotis (statistic).... it came that in 3 consecutive games, he did not catch onE cross..... Not one ball !!!!!!!! We are talking now of the goalkeeper of AEK. I know it's not Real Madrid....but is still AEK.

This has nothing to do if he is young or out of form.....

Yes exactly.... I wrote it here several times..... Lyberopoulos was the best between Xiotis - Mixailidis and Lyberopoulos.... though not very good (problems on crosses too)..

But what did they do ? They gave him away.... and kept Xiotis.... Bravo sas...orea matia gia balla exete....

Kapsis, how could I forget. My bad, the guy is fantastic, and always has been for us. Do you remember when he had a fiugh with Atma in training?? It sounds weird given his character, I wonder what caused it. i guess sh*t like that must go on quite a lot in football clubs and we just dont hear about it..

Kasapis etc werent accidentally forgotten though.Kasapis hasn't had asist/good defending since he was about 27!!! His ;last moment of greatnes was against Ethnikos!! OK, I've been away for a while now, but from match reports it seems that he continued the rubbish form I left him at in 1999..

I also don't rate Lybe. How's he playing? I never liked him at PAO, buyt I've been away since he signed for AEK. I think he's slow, with terrible positioning, and reminds me of Giovanni persoannly. Less classy than Tsartas by far, so not much use for a playmaker, not a natural finisher, i just fail to see what he does. What do you guys think?

The Buffon thing is getting silly. I even explicitly stated the sarcasm for Big Bang's sake!!

let's see. Georgeas is better than Nestas. Moras reminds of of Manolas. Nedved is a poor man's Petcov.

Kapsis, how could I forget. My bad, the guy is fantastic, and always has been for us. Do you remember when he had a fiugh with Atma in training?? It sounds weird given his character, I wonder what caused it. i guess sh*t like that must go on quite a lot in football clubs and we just dont hear about it..

Yeah I can remember it was a couple of days before a game against OFI in Yedikule, which we won... Santos left both out of Squad due to that accident. At that time Kapsis was not a regular... due to the mistake of Santos......

Kapsis has a pure character.. I suppose Atmatzidis must have insulted him verbally.

As for Lyberopoulos I agree with you. He is not a pure Striker and not a pure playmaker.... Something for his own.. For a striker he has not the necessary.... bull-strengh...and he is not very quick either...

As a playmaker he has not got the necessary class...... but for this AEK he is still a valuable player....

Posted Image

Pantos se aftin thn fasi to "Derby" exi adiko... giath AEKtzis kani to doro...alla o PAO den to pairni....

Ok we won and we are happy. But we have to say that we were lucky. Although we can say that our victory was deserved.

We were lucky in the beginning. The above picture shows the first center after 6 minutes. Xiotis comes out on the edge of the small box area and misses (like many times)...Konstaninou headers goes on the side net.

Now with such silly mistakes, we could have been behind as from beginning and then had to struggle for the equalisation.

In the first half he has done additional 2 brainless exits..and also there we were lucky not to cope one goal. PAO knew our weakness and therefore they played a lot of high balls, which were all dangerous, because we had not a good gaolkeeper to clear them and give our defense serenity.

But to Xiotis merit it must be said...that he has shown a better second half, he could even catch one corner....and then 2 high balls.......

Every team has there problems. So if AEK had a good goalkeeper you would have won championships and had poreias in Europe. And this is based on what?

And if PAO had a better striker than Mihalis he would have scored that header shown in Derby front cover that nightsurfer posted and we may have won the game.

etc etc etc etc

And what came first, the chicken or the egg?

As tis m*****as. ............... (Oxi...esi pio kala afistes exo apo afto to forum... ..ok.... nightsurfer)

H Dimiosografi....kalitera na tous elega Dikigorous (sthn Ellada).... den tous niazi .... giati masepsane oti exi kalitero sthn Ellada.(termatofilakes)...stis Omades tous...kai tous afinoune ston Pangko...gia na min paixoune masi mas..... Giati ystera eukola then tha gelane....

Kai giati na se dwse emeis termatofilaka. Why should we allow a keeper or anything for the matter to go to our rivals so that you can strengthen your team. Its bad for business. You just dont help strengthen your rivals.

No pappou is right, Buffon is definitely the best keeper right now. He serves italy well, and Juventus even better! FORZA JUVE! As for this, Halkias may not make such a difference. He's better than any keeper you have now. However, you guys are still finding ways to win games, I mean Hiotis shuts out PAO(as well as the posts!) and AEK wins and thanks to irrational decisions by the league are in first with Hiotis starting in net.

Archived