Phantis Forums

Monaco - AEK

Irlandos

This matchup brings very bad memories to some of us who remember AEK's first Champions' Cup outing in 1963 against the Monaco club of Hidalgo and Yvon Douis...

Many things have changed since then and no one expects anything like that disaster of 40 years ago.

Can we perhaps even expect a draw or even a win in the Principality?

What does everyone think?

The only thing that I can remember is when Hidalgo was the National Coach of "La Grande Nation" in 1984 during the European Championship.

For the CL.. game, AEK is better than the Championship result show.....

The only problem with us is....... that we are overrotated....

He should let the team, if no injuries, play for 2 - 3 games in the same formation.

I think it is going to be very difficult this Tuesday. Another draw would be a good result the way things stand.

Using my many years of coaching experience :whistle: I think the one thing Duscan should do is play Okka up front, and not on the right side. Every time he's played the anti-Laki role he gets lost kai de prosferei stin omada. Maybe he can use Borboki in that position and have Mora, Abonsa, Kassapi, Georgea in the back. Do you guys agree?

I am also very curious to see (actually I'll be listening on the radio :tdown: ) how Ziko plays. I have a feeling he will shut down Tsiartas with ease.

you don't have to dig that far into history to find a poor result in monaco onour part. we played them i beliee a couple of times in the 90's both disappointments. i clearly remember a painful own-goal by Vlahos :(

i wonder which aek will show up at monaco... but tis is not an easy mission. of teh "weak" teams of the fourth seed pot- monaco is the strongest. a draw will be a success i think. but i expect the worst.

You guys certainly have the talent and the ability. I'm just wondering if you will be there mentally. Chiotis and Tsartas need to wake up too. They've been in la-la land lately. You're strength though will definetely be Georgatos. He's been by far your best player and is doing it all on his own. Just contain Morientes(easy eh) and let Georgatos fight it out against Zikos and see how it goes. I just hope for your sake that Okkas doesn't blunder up like yesterday...good luck boys ;)

we have to improve big tiem to get a result but not impossible. if we play okkas and lymbe up front with zagorakis katsouranis tsiartas and georgatos in middle and borbokis kostenoglou moras and kreek in defense we should be fine.

or could have georgatos and borbokis wingers and tsiartas katsouranis and zagorakis 3 in middle. and back 3 of moras kostenoglou and kreek and okkas and lymbe up front that's much better i think.

Dusan and the Board clearly have shown us their intentions for the year...

They dont play key players in the Championship and go for the CL money...

AEK will play will all their weapond (available and fit) in Monaco...

Fpr me, right now, Monaco is the toughest team in the Group. They have found a good coach in Deshamps and they are winning in and out for 2 years now in one very difficult championship!

However, Louie II is no "hot" stadium "atmoshpere" wise and I hope AEK can do their miracle.

I would even be willing to predict a win! But we still have an intermediate psychology ... not a winner, not a loser!

Players know they have the skill to do it! They go down because they do not believe enough in it, then they see that the team they face is not unbeatable... and by the time they realise it it only time enough for a draw!

So I will say 2-2 agin and hope for something better because I think we will shock Monaco despite them being a very good squad...

Ela re AEKara!

OK, I am going to walk on thin VERY THIN ice...

I am going to say a "shock" 1-2 AEK.

Their fans suck and 1200 AEKtzis will be travelling plus our PSG fans that will back us... We will start out slow (right OM21) and then kick it in. They will attack and we will hit them on the counter.

Xiotis saves a shot with his face and "wakes up" out of his current daydream. :D

I have a wierd feeling about this game. Maybe it is the fact that many of the guys will know Ziko and feel more comfortable about playing the team (and not afraid). Who knows. tha doume.

Proxora!

i say 2-1 to monaco....i hope u guys prove me wrong though....it would be great to see u guys win in monaco....but the facts are that monaco have been on a bit of a role and now with morientes, itll be even harder.....i wanna see a good result, so good luck aek...

games are won on the pitch, not in the stands. we can have 10,000 lunatic fans bhind us, b ut if we don't play like we must,all their screaming will be for nothing.

monaco is a very dangerous team. they know how to play for the result. they are fast, deadly up front with addition of morientes, and have a very solid midfield (how could they not ;) ). but if "CL AEK" shows up, giving 110%, bleeding for the win, then monaco are in for a shock.

sta podia tous einai

Im hoping Dava is right considering he nailed a few other tips before. I aint expecting a win.....

I aint expecting a loss either for the sole reason that we are goig to the pub where we have never lost at. In over 15+ games we have yet to see our team lose at our Dickens.

Going to be a tough match and depending on which AEK shows, will depend on which result we grind out.

Need better efforts from: Tsiartas, Okkas and WHOEVER the striker is.

Their fans suck and 1200 AEKtzis will be travelling plus our PSG fans that will back us...

PSG? An einai dunaton....dont you mean MARSEILLE? Apparently over 300 Marseille fans will make the trek to Monaco to support AEK.

Kala, then thimase pos eixe blouza tou Basina o Patriarxis persi?

And 2 years before that, eixe fanella ths AEK, alla kai ths Original Kavalas.

In over 15+ games we have yet to see our team lose at our Dickens.

Streak was almost broken vs Panionios on Saturday, lets hope its not broken against Monaco either.

Im hoping Dava is right considering he nailed a few other tips before. I aint expecting a win.....

I aint expecting a loss either for the sole reason that we are goig to the pub where we have never lost at. In over 15+ games we have yet to see our team lose at our Dickens.

Going to be a tough match and depending on which AEK shows, will depend on which result we grind out.

Need better efforts from: Tsiartas, Okkas and WHOEVER the striker is.

A draw wouldnt be bad either... I just think that when AEK plays, they need time to understand that they CAN beat teams... but like someone else pointed out, they always figure it out too late... Well I am hoping all the intangables will go our way... wouldnt be the first time I have been wrong, but I have a wierd feeling....

Archived