Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Juventus

Irlandos

In their second game, Olympiakos are called upon to take on group-favourites Juventus.

Juventus have injury problems - mostly up front - these days.

Will Olympiakos take advantage of these problems? Will their decent performance v. Sociedad continue?

How do you see this game?

sorry to hear about the game, i saw it and i think Oly definitly outplayed Juventus, but the worst player was Katergiannakis. he was off his line, careless and slow to react and let in 2 goals that Eleftheropoulos or Xalkias or any decent goalkeeper would have had. not fair, u guys should really buy another or play eleftheropoulos instead, he always impresses me when i see him play.

good work guys, u played very well...this is the first euro game that u have shown great sprirt in since the leverkussen match last year...u guys played very well against a very quality side...its a shame u didnt get a result but none the less u played very well...congrats and keep it up...this is the only game that the greeks have played so far in the CL that was qualitly ball...

Guest RedMarz

I think you're right Pao123,

We did play well and I'm not saying it as an Oly fan either.

Our problem today was this, No natural finisher up-front.

We created many chances and in the first half Oly had 9 shots to Juve's 2

In games like these you have to put away half chances or even clear ones as some of them were.

Houto can go &*%4^ cause he's let the team down.

Although he misses heaps he has plenty of strength and speed and some skill.

I hope he never puts on the Red and White, we don't need players like that at the club.

Back to the game

Gio was good, unselfish so was karembeu who showed his experience and predrag who for me is one of the best in europe, showed great leadership.

The keeper made 2 huge errors, the second goal especially, how could he not put a hand on that?

Oh well better luck next time.

and mostof all there is no shame in loosing to Juventus B)

You might be right my friend PAOKARA about that, but I wonder if Olympiacos had a great game (which he did), Juventus had their worst game in decades!!! So I do expect Thrinos to win against a side which did not show any moments of football whatsoever........

I think that Olympiacos lost a great chance to win yesturday, and failing to win yesturdays match I cannot see Thrinos winning ANY European match this year... :tdown:

The thing that we have heard ,since playing in the dirt fields in Greece, was that the ball will punish you if you don't capitalize on your chances. Oly found out yesterday that that holds true. Having outplayed Juve for most of the match, not scoring on the chances that they created, came back to bite them....I don't care how much one team outplays the other.....The only thing that matters is how many you put in the net....I hope that the Oly fans are outraged at the mistakes and the selfishnes of some of their players... Choutos for one. and begin to really see who belongs on the team and who doesn't.

As much as I cannot stand Oly.(domestically) I believe that yesterday they represented their club, and showed a lot of heart.

:box: :box: :box:

Great game, don't care if you guys lost, fact is it was a great game, and not by accident either. Katergiannakis needs to improve cause he's not really that bad. Castillo, what a player, if you guys manage to burn him, it will be a real shame.

Sociedad though, they're great, I happened to watch their game in Turkey and they're really great, so I don't think there's much hope for second place.

Never mind, results will come eventually if you keep up with this mentality, which, and pardon me, is the same mentality that PAO has used to beat sides like Arsenal and Juve herself in the past. A mentality you used to laugh about. It's good that OSFP has growed up.

You need a striker, and that striker should definitely not be Choutos. Whether he is a shitty striker or a wonder of nature, you can't let a Choutos make fun of a club like OSFP.

Much respect.

Archived