Phantis Forums

Henry has accused PAO fans of being racist.

AMALIADA

Sounds like he's just trying to delfect attention away from the fact that he's not scoring crap these days and his club isn't the invincible club that it always fancied itself to be.

This theme has been a constant with this guy for a few years now. He obviously has something against Greeks. HA! Why don't they put that in the paper!??!!?

Well u can't say he hasn't done anything against Pao i mean in 2 games vs Pao he has 2 goals off course the second one came of a questionable penalty shot

but i think he is acting very childish and i am sure he has heard it around the Premiership i mean English ppl are known to be a bit of racists and i think he just said that cause his team is on a tail spin

they once looked invincible but look very ordinary especially in Europe

they are now 2 points behind of Chelsea and are in a tight race for the top two spots of there group

and now having to go into PSV with anything less then a win could end there hopes of succedding in C.L.

In other words Thierry Henry put up or shut your trap

He is an arrogant pr!ck, the way he celebrated the 2 goals against PAO. he was cut up because they were hammering him about the 1-0 at the euro. Considering pao themselves have black players it would be a bit stupid to abuse him. What hurts him the most is he cannot do anything against greek opposition and so maybe this is his way out.

Henry claimed - according to some English papers - that Greek players, especially Skacel (!), were shouting in his ear.

He didn't say what they were shouting but I suspect it was the "racist" taunt "one-nil, one-nil" :P

The former Arsenal owner is right: Henry has disgraced himself. :tdown:

Btw, it is possible that PAO supporters are not racist they merely consider Henry alone to be contemptible after his past history in the last two PAO - Gunners CL encounters.

PS. Were the Crystal Palace supporters also distracting you Henry? Is that why you could do nothing against them? :P

These racist supporters are a Fvcking disgrace. These cunts should be identified by PAO and be banned for life. They give Greece a bad name.

you are never going to avoid racist comments or yelling in a stadium of 16000 people. Its not a problem, its just taunting, fans will taunt anything they can of the other team, sometimes it will be the color of there skin. Going out and finding these people is a waste of time and unnesecary. I think most of the forum lives abroad and is more accepting and has strong sentiments against racism, but you have to understand in a place where its not a mixing pot of ethinicities and colors you will always have this type of behavior in every country, its natural.

Dude, Im from Melbourne and here in Australia stuff like this gets treated very seriously. If a player in any sport, especially Aussie Rules Football came out and said was racially abused it would be dealt with very seriously - by everyone and the governing body.

But it is a shame that Henry can single out Panathinaikos because he is a big name in Soccer and people will listen regardless what we think or know and it would look bad on us. If he is accusing our fans and players falsely than its just sad that he as a model professional should stoop to such a low level of manipulation to make us look bad - and if they were taunting him abouut EURO than theres nothing he can do it about - he had his chance in Portugal and blew it lol!!!!

ok the article says people were making monkey noises, but they do that to Oliver Kahn to so id say thats not racism, thats just because henry looks like a monkey.

LOL

hahaha

he does a bit lol

you know what i hate the most about Henry - the way he wears his socks during a game - he pulls them up so high it looks like his wearing stockings!!!! lol

I was at thegame at Highbury and personally, I didn't hear any monkey noises at all!!! Now, maybe this did happen from 10-20 idiots but you can't charactarise the other 1500 PAO fans as racist when they have not made monkey noises.

Henry is still bitter, can't handle he got his ass kicked against the "inferior" Greeks in the summer and on 2 occasions could beat Panathinaikos, neither away, neither at home. He was below par in both games and scored a tap -in in Greece and from the penalty spot the otherday. Kirgiakos owned him in both games and he's looking for excuses. We've played 100's of teams with black players and we have never-ever been accused of rascism. The reason why is that we are not.

This serious lie guys. I am sure Henry is lying. I have been to stadiums in Greece many times and not only to watch PAO but also Apolonas, AEK, Olympiakos etc and I have never heard monkey noises made to black players. Ok, some times the fans call the black players 'MelachrinosS' but that's not the same as making monkey noises.

Henry is bitter. This accusation is not only against PAO fans but to me it's an attack on the Greek culture. In other words, Henry is saying that it's not just PAO fans who are racist it's all Greeks because racism is a social phenomena and not only belonging to one particular set of fans. As I said I have never heard any Greek fans make monkey noises.

Afther speaking to a friend today that was in the main hard core of the PAO fans ( i was a bit to the right i line with the corner flag) he told me that there were no "monkey noises" but when Henry was line up to take the PK, the PAO fans were booing but instead of the English "booo"..we were shouting the Greek equivalent of "ouououou" of which he may have interpreted as rasist abuse.

Anyway..enough of this sore whinger. We got bigger fish to fry now.

The whole point of this is for UEFA to discipline us because the monkey knows Arsenal is in deep s%$#! and PSV and PAO are both in positions to advance. He's gonna be giving his ironic and smartass looks to the tv when he's watching us in the final 16 of the champions league.

Let me tell you this,

henri is a professional player and it is expected to cope this type of hostility in any stadium in europe. Look at basinas, when he took the penalty, he was coping full abuse from arsenal supporters from behind the goal.

Did he sook to the press after the game. Henri is a sore looser, who cannot except the result because he was marked out of the game. The funny thing in premier league, comemtators glorify these arseholes as best players in the world.

And when they can't perform against small teams in europe, they make up excuses. Arsenal will never win a champions league title, because they have the wrong attitude and arrongance in their squad.

They should think of going back to their roots and basing their team on english blood, instead of half of the french national team with their arrogant manager wenger the wanker.

They have a long way to go to get the respect that Manchester united have in europe. because united recognises good teams regardless how small they might be in terms of money.

My prediction, is that arsenal will loose in amsterdam and not make it to the 2nd round of champions league.........

I don't think PAO should let this go! :angry:

Racism is being treated very seriously by UEFA and clubs get punished for their fans' behaviour. If PAO supporters did not racially taunt him, Henry and Arsenal should pay the price for slander.

How about being forced to play their next 5 CL home games in Athens? :P

• 2 months later...

this is intresting:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?...=323107&cc=3436

Henry, sitting alongside England defender Rio Ferdinand, said the campaign had been sparked by Spanish coach Luis Aragones referring to Henry as 'that black g$y s%$#!' in an attempt to motivate Jose Antonio Reyes who plays with Henry at Arsenal.

Did anyone here about this???

Guest Protathlitis

look I really dont think henry would just lie like that, you could tell after he scored his goals against you that he felt he was silencing you

of course some of the pana fans were being racist, not most or all but some. It shouldent happen but it will. GREEKS ARENT RACIST TOWARDS BLACKS ITS JUST TAUNTING BUT IF WERE AT A GAME I WOULDENT TAUNT A BLACK PLAYER but thats just me

trust me, this has NOTHING to do with euro or the fact that hes only in great form and not incredible form like usual. AND hes NOT using it as an excuse for not playing well since he score 2 IN 2 GAMES AGAINST pao

henry might have been mistaken about what the players were saying but I really dont think hed make these comments for any reason apart from the fact that he FELT racially villified

Hollywood, didnt you hear about that man, that was why the whole thing in spain happened with the taunting of the english NT players

Archived