Phantis Forums

PAO - Rangers

drakos13

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I would agree that the Scottish league is way behind the SUPER leagues, it is right there with the Greek league. Greece has only 3 good teams (OFSP, AEK, and PAO). Same results every year. Scotland has only 2 good teams (Rangers and Celtic). Anyway...I don't think a rout will happen. Not even close. They are no MAN U, but a 1-0 or 2-0 result is possible if our Isreali frinds play their card right.

i hope he learns a lesson and stays withe the traditional 4-4-2...its obvious to see that in europe the 3-5-2 isnt really our game...mb it will be different and work vs rangers but my instinct would be to stick with the 4-4-2....if he he doesnt learn from his mistake it will be adio for our friend shoum...

Of course we're not the same but we're doing fine in the Greek League and I still haven't given up that we can do it in Europe. We definetely won't lose like we did in England but then again, United could have beaten Rangers or Stuttgart the same way. The thing that worries me, is that Stuttgart was beaten by Rangers. I know that Stuttgart has no European experience, but they're leading the Bundesliga and that makes me bite my lip a bit. No? I think that it is a realistic possibility that we will win this game but we need to buckle down and not get cocky like we were against United. I don't think that they're midfield will run rampant on us like Utd did and I don't think that Stefan Klos will make any real sweet saves like Tim Howard did. We can get this one.

If PAO continues to play like this Sat vs Ionikos, I doubt they will beat anyone in Europe

This years team has not played well once...

Rangers and Stuttgart are not ManU, but are still much better than Ionikos or Ofi...

I will cheer a win vs Rangers because this year any win will come very hard.

Unless some of the new players like Maric or Zatautas start playing great we will be lucky to go to the Uefa...

Now there is no inspiration from anyone, we need great performances to have a chance

Personally I can't remember Pao playing so poorly in a long time...

Winning the Protathlima and playing crappy football, is worse than getting second and playing well in Europe.

We could still beat the cafenia in Greece and gather points, but that does not make us a good team, nor 2003-04 a successful season.

Only in Europe a team shows it's real quality

I think Vardinokavlis wants only the protathlima this year and that shows by the transfers and the coach he got us

Their idea is to have many mediocre players that are barely good enough to beat the Greek teams, most of which are very bad.( look at the results in the Uefa) That is why they did not sign a single great player this year.

In Greece it is better to have many options of average players.

The above does not work in European games where a great leader and good supporting cast is needed to elevate the team a step above their level vs Greek competition...

It is like a marathon vs a sprint

Protathlima is a marathon where we need to play consistently "average" and be fresh by having a lot of choices. As long as we are not tired or injured a win will come against such poor opponents!

Europe is a sprint where we need to play exceptionally well but only a few times

In Europe 3-4 good results will help your team go far, you only need to win the "key" games. Those games will not be won by this year's Panathinaikos at least at the level that Pao is performing so far...

That really worries me...

We must protect our glorious history in Europe

Who cares what happens in Greece, nobody is watching anyway!!!

Kalh mas tyxh,

giati tha thn xreiastoume

ELLAS... EUROPH... PANATHINAIKOS...

PEACE

everyone read this

"STEFAN KLOS reckons Rangers can handle the heat of a Champions League tie in Athens.

Read the entire article

THIS ISNT JUST GREECE OR TURKEY....THIS IS LEOFORO....THEY DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...Klos is right, what happends on the field is what counts, but when your at leoforo, the fans are the extra player on the pitch....lets go out and make it count tomorrow....

Note from the administrator: Please do not post entire articles from other sites on these forums. Just post the title and then a hyperlink with a reference to the article.

Archived