Phantis Forums

Current PAOK Roster - Latest Signings

Ziaka

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

The coach you would like I think only exists in video games.  A world class manager that can coach in top leagues is not coming to Greece with that the exception of possibly Olympiacos.  I’m not saying there isn’t better than Garcia, I’m saying these better managers can’t be convinced to come to PAOK.  Add in FFP rules and that’s the nail in the coffin.  All of our managers in the past 5 or so years with the exception of Huub Stevens who was a has been have all been coaches who never coached a “big” team.  It so happened Lucescu worked out.  Ivic was looking good there but politics got in the way.  Now Garcia it is.

I am not convinced the problem is not the squad.  Across every line we are weaker compared to 2 years ago.

Matos > Rodrigo by a lot.  Varela is half the player he was, if that.  Same for Vieirinha.  Crespo is honest but again not as good.

Canas, Shakhov, Mauricio much better midfield than today.

No wingers in the squad.  At least proper wingers.  Seriously not one guy can take on the flank and beat it.

No number 10.  Don’t know what the hell happened to Biseswar and he fell so quickly.

No strikers although I don’t mind the new guy, at least he’s aggressive and hungry.

Pereira asks too much, that is true. But he is not a world class. I admit some immediate difficulty in finding an alternative, realistic and effective solution as a coach. But I prefer to spend on that than in hyped or banal players to serve some interests.   

The squad may be worst but a good manager turns poor into average, the average into good....with support of a collective proposal, adjustable tatics and dynamics. With García (even in only few months), I can't see good signals. Long distances (intra and inter-lines), poor precision, a lot of spaces conceded. Lucescu, in his first season, was able to prepare the team to protect itself from its own weaknesses and propose a simple plan (safe possesion, mask transition) with authority. Protection, consistency, continuity.   

Edited by bluevertigo

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, pash said:

bluevertigo - Tzolis is not here for the long term. We can't retain players when the big dogs who play in well-run leagues come and poach them. Keep them for too long, and they are more likely to drop in value than increase, too. I don't like the riskiness that comes with that.

At least one more season, I think we should "fight" to retain him. Sell all the other garbage that should never have come.

Drop in value instead of increase...obviously but only if you have a poor manager or a non-attractive project, inoperative to empower and operationalize young promising players. 

I think it's the right time to change and allow PAOK to properly prepare next season. Not to loose it right now.  

All it takes is one poor season for his value to drop and for offers to dry up. Happened with Klaus, Jaba, Pelkas, Limnios, etc etc etc. It would be logical for them to try to retain him, but if the sums get too ridiculous, then they'd be foolish not to accept it. Personally, I think he plays in a position that is easily to find replacements for.

I do agree that there are a number of players we can get rid of. Augusto, Jaba, Lamprou, Murg, Ninua, Pereira, and Michailidis are all underachieving (though they all have the potential to be pretty good). I like Swiderski and Soares a LOT more than most people here, but if we had the cash to get big upgrades for them, then why not?

Right now, the only players that I think are consistently good in the squad are Krmencik, Zivkovic, Warda, Schwab, Tzolis, Ingason, and Zivkovic. Maybe throw Tsiggaras in there too, at least lately.

Very good points pash and I agree with most of you opinions on the subject. I would just add Vieirinha to the list of consistently good. Yes he is getting older and might be losing some of his physical abilities, but he is badly needed on the team for his leadership. After losing Pelkas, he is the only one remaining that really cares about the team.

Oh yeah Vieirinha too. He doesn't physically have what he once did, but I think there's still plenty of value there. If Lamprou were to hypothetically get cut, there's no reason why Vieirinha couldn't be that 60th minute sub each time. Let him be explosive for half an hour instead of trying to keep up with 20-year-olds for 90 minutes at LB.

7 hours ago, pash said:

All it takes is one poor season for his value to drop and for offers to dry up. Happened with Klaus, Jaba, Pelkas, Limnios, etc etc etc. It would be logical for them to try to retain him, but if the sums get too ridiculous, then they'd be foolish not to accept it. Personally, I think he plays in a position that is easily to find replacements for.

I do agree that there are a number of players we can get rid of. Augusto, Jaba, Lamprou, Murg, Ninua, Pereira, and Michailidis are all underachieving (though they all have the potential to be pretty good). I like Swiderski and Soares a LOT more than most people here, but if we had the cash to get big upgrades for them, then why not?

Right now, the only players that I think are consistently good in the squad are Krmencik, Zivkovic, Warda, Schwab, Tzolis, Ingason, and Zivkovic. Maybe throw Tsiggaras in there too, at least lately.

Where is Jaba?! So promising player lost in "translation"?!

Krmencik consistently good?! Seriously? I see him waste a lot of chances. Poor finishing. Swiderski should improve. 

Summarizing (1st part):

Zivkovic (31),  Jun.22, try to sell ; need a real upgrade here

Paschalakis (31), contract exp. Jun.22, keep it as eternal reserve

Talichmanidis (19), Jun.23, need to see him in action first

Rodrigo (28), Jun.22, sell ; need upgrade

Vieirinha (35), Jun.21, retire and join technical team

Lyratzis (21), Jun.22, need to see him in action first

Ingason (27), Jun.22, sell ; need real upgrade

Varela (33), Jun.22, keep it as Old King for rotation and "dressing room" power

Michailidis (21), Jun.23, loan to other SuperLeague team to be in starting 11; 

Crespo (34), Jun.22, sell ; need upgrade

Mihaj (22), Jun.23, need to see him in action first

Baba (26), loaned from Chelsea, need to see its continuity first

Pereira (21), Jun.24, loan to Eredivisie or Jupiler League?!

Edited by bluevertigo

I am fine with us not agreeing!

And I LIKE Pereira, but everyone wants a cleanout so I had to make up the numbers somewhere. Personally I think Vieirinha should not be playing in that position at all. I also do not put much stock in "passion" being the reason why someone should start in a derby (*coughvieirinhacough*). Give me a professional who has legs any day.

16 hours ago, bluevertigo said:

Where is Jaba?! So promising player lost in "translation"?!

Krmencik consistently good?! Seriously? I see him waste a lot of chances. Poor finishing. Swiderski should improve. 

Summarizing (1st part):

Zivkovic (31),  Jun.22, try to sell ; need a real upgrade here

Paschalakis (31), contract exp. Jun.22, keep it as eternal reserve

Talichmanidis (19), Jun.23, need to see him in action first

Rodrigo (28), Jun.22, sell ; need upgrade

Vieirinha (35), Jun.21, retire and join technical team

Lyratzis (21), Jun.22, need to see him in action first

Ingason (27), Jun.22, sell ; need real upgrade

Varela (33), Jun.22, keep it as Old King for rotation and "dressing room" power

Michailidis (21), Jun.23, loan to other SuperLeague team to be in starting 11; 

Crespo (34), Jun.22, sell ; need upgrade

Mihaj (22), Jun.23, need to see him in action first

Baba (26), loaned from Chelsea, need to see its continuity first

Pereira (21), Jun.24, loan to Eredivisie or Jupiler League?!

Vierinha is the only one who deserves to play untill he chooses too. We owe him that and it sends a message to other players that loyalty, hard work  and perfomance earns you that privilege. Even at 35 he's one of our better players.

Świderski will improve but if he doesn't hit the gym he's as good as useless.

Zivkovic is 24, keep him and improve him. He's good.

Edited by Nilaul

• 3 months later...

Taylor_2.jpg.1084c2b89c4b437055db756ffa16269d.jpg

NAME:                        Lucas Maia Reis TAYLOR
POSITION:                 Right Back
JERSEY NUMBER:    13
BIRTHDAY:                10-April-1995
BIRTH PLACE:          Guarulos, Brazil
HEIGHT:                    1.76 m
PAOK DEBUT:           
NT DEBUT:                  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:   SC Dnipro, Estoril Praia, FC Lviv, Boa Esporte Clube, Botafogo FC, Paysandu SC, Red Bull Brasil, Parana Clube, Criciuma EC, Sociadade Esportiva Palmeiras

CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2024 (+1 year option renewal)
SALARY:                      € 450,000

• 2 weeks later...

Oliveira.jpg.f9a1f15c239c39b57aa4e54c54f53c27.jpg

NAME:                        Nelson Miguel Castro OLIVEIRA
POSITION:                  Forward
JERSEY NUMBER:    18
BIRTHDAY:                08-August-1991
BIRTH PLACE:           Barcelos, Portugal
HEIGHT                         1.86 m
PAOK DEBUT:           
NT DEBUT:                29-Feb-2012 (Portugal – Poland 0:0)  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:  AEK Athens, Reading, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Swansea City, Stade de Rennais, Deportivo La Coruna, Pacos Ferreira, Rio Ave, benfica Lisbon, Bairro Misericordia, Braga, Santa Maria

CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2023
SALARY:                      
€ 1,100,000

Kurtic.jpg.f8e1a097e3d1cfbc7b37c4b4dfa73f7a.jpg

NAME:                        Jasmin KURTIC
POSITION:                  Midfielder
JERSEY NUMBER:     27
BIRTHDAY:                10-January-1989
BIRTH PLACE:           Crnomelji, Yugoslavia
HEIGHT                         1.86 m
PAOK DEBUT:           
NT DEBUT:                 26-May-2012 (Greece – Slovenia 1:1 with Kurtic scoring for Slovenia)  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:   Parma Calcio, SPAL Ferrara, Atalanta Bergamo, ACF Fiorentina, FC Torino, US Sassuolo, FC Varese, FC Palemo, ND Gorica, NK Bela Krajina
CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2023 (2-year loan from Parma)
SALARY:                    
€ ?

• 1 month later...

Akpom.jpg.e56f66bb3093818d972de190d392a771.jpg

NAME:                          Chuba AKPOM
POSITION:                   Forward
JERSEY NUMBER:       47
BIRTHDAY:                  09-October-1995
BIRTH PLACE:             Canning Town, England
HEIGHT                           1.83 m
PAOK DEBUT:              Benfica – PAOK 1:1 (21.08.2018)
NT DEBUT:                  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:    Middlesborough, PAOK FC, Sint Truiden, Brighton Albion, Hull City. Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Arsenal London

CONTRACT ENDS:     30-Jun-2022 (1-year loan from Middlesborough)
SALARY:                    
€ 800,000  (€ 3,000, 000 buyout option)

Sidcley.jpg.4666d9025ff15db664686ecf0f583fc3.jpg

NAME:                          Ferreira Pereira SIDCLEY
POSITION:                    Left Back
JERSEY NUMBER:       16
BIRTHDAY:                  13-May-1993
BIRTH PLACE:            Vila Velha, Brazil
HEIGHT                          1.76 m
PAOK DEBUT:          
NT DEBUT:                  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:    Corinthians Paulista, Dinamo Kiev, Corinthians Paulista, Atletico Goianiense, Atletico Paranaense, Catanduvense, Al-Sharjah, Linharfes, Atletico Paranaense, Tupy-ES

CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2022 (1-year loan from Dinamo Kiev)
SALARY:                    
€ 2,000,000 buyout clause

Possibly several of our current players will not be with us next season as their contracts expire on June 30, 2022. Looks like we are in the middle of building a team for 2 or 3 years down the road (ie. rebuilding process).

Players whose contract expire after this season:

Paschalakis
Zivkovic
Crespo
Ingason
Lyratzis
Sidclay
Varela
Biseswar
Kagawa
Vieirinha
Akpom
Zivkovic
Tsiggaras

Of those I would hope that they re-sign Ingason, Zivkovic A. and Tsiggaras.

Mitrita.jpg.d3ebb6839d1757a7e2d1f7acf9b83d0d.jpg

NAME:                         Akexandru Ionut Mitrita
POSITION:                  Attacking Midfielder
JERSEY NUMBER:     28
BIRTHDAY:                08-February-1995
BIRTH PLACE:           Craiova, Romania
HEIGHT                         1.67 m
PAOK DEBUT:          
NT DEBUT:                  

PREVIOUS TEAMS:  Al Ahli Jeddah, New York City FC, Universitate Craiova, Delfino Pescara, Steaua Bukurest, Farul Constanta, CS Turnu Severin
CONTRACT ENDS:     30-Jun-2022 
(1-year loan from New York City FC)
SALARY:                    
 600,000 (€ 500,000 loan fee)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Blackhawk said:

Possibly several of our current players will not be with us next season as their contracts expire on June 30, 2022. Looks like we are in the middle of building a team for 2 or 3 years down the road (ie. rebuilding process).

Players whose contract expire after this season:

Paschalakis
Zivkovic
Crespo
Ingason
Lyratzis
Sidclay
Varela
Biseswar
Kagawa
Vieirinha
Akpom
Zivkovic
Tsiggaras

Of those I would hope that they re-sign Ingason, Zivkovic A. and Tsiggaras.

Tsiggaras will extend his contract till 2025, Blackhawk!

Two down, one to go.

I'm pleased but surprised. I didn't think Lucescu really rated him (though this might not have been his doing). I'm saying this even though I know Lucescu said nice things about him at the press conference earlier, haha

There are also reports that Ingason is "meeting again" with the club shortly regarding a renewal.

A few days ago there were articles about Kagawa being linked with some team in Japan, for as soon as this December. Let 'im go!