Current PAOK Roster - Latest Signings

Ziaka

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think some of these decisions are getting kind of easy, huh?

Ones I want:

• Ingason - must-keep
  • Sidclay - I'd try to keep him, but we need a second pure LB as well

Once I don't:

• Lyratzis - if he hasn't clicked with any coaches so far, then he won't. Release him, unfortunately
  • Paschalakis
  • Crespo
  • Varela
  • Biseswar
  • Kagawa
  • Vieirinha

• Akpom - I like him but there will probably not be room after Oliveira returns. If we get an offer for Swiderski, then I'd keep him

Average age of the team is set to drop a lot on July 1st, at least!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:02 AM, pash said:

I think some of these decisions are getting kind of easy, huh?

Ones I want:

• Ingason - must-keep
  • Sidclay - I'd try to keep him, but we need a second pure LB as well

Once I don't:

• Lyratzis - if he hasn't clicked with any coaches so far, then he won't. Release him, unfortunately
  • Paschalakis
  • Crespo
  • Varela
  • Biseswar
  • Kagawa
  • Vieirinha

• Akpom - I like him but there will probably not be room after Oliveira returns. If we get an offer for Swiderski, then I'd keep him

Average age of the team is set to drop a lot on July 1st, at least!

I'd actually keep one of Varela or Crespo to have them as a backup - on the condition they understand they are not automatic first team picks and only for one year and on reduced salary.  So in other words, not gonna happen, ha ha.  I guess it all depends on if we re-sign Ingason and if we get another CB also.  If we can get another Ingason quality CB then yeah I'd be happy to let Varela and Crespo go.  They have done what they had to do.  They have both been very good players overall and very successful signings.  But it's obvious they are ageing.  The other wildcard is how Mihaj and Michailidis develop.  I can see Michailidis especially develop into a very decent player.

Lyratzis, this kid should be knocking on the door of first team football by now.  He needs to be loaned out and if by some miracle he develops into the next Giannoulis, great (however unlikely) but it seems he isn't to the level required at this stage.  Sidclay, fully agree, would be great to sign him permanently.

Our whole back line is not up to par.  We need a better GK, RB, new CB to complement Ingason and then maybe we're good to go.

In the midfield, I know it sounds crazy but I'd try and re-sign Biseswar.  He's still got it.  If used wisely you can another season out of him no problem and he will repay you with points.

Vieirinha it kills me but I think this season is it for him.  Time to think about becoming an assistant coach maybe.  His body just won't do what he wants anymore.

Paschalakis we need to replace.  We need a good solid GK which really we have *never* had.

Kagawa ha ha.  There's the door buddy.  Overall a terrible signing even if there were good intentions.

Akpom we'll see.  Agree if Swiderski and Oliveira are both available there isn't much room for him.

A shame about Varela and Crespo. What a fantastic duo they were. I would guess that if we were to sign only one of the two, it would be Varela - he is the more talented of the two and he may feel he's set down some roots (owning a home + having his son rising through the academy). Who knows.

Biseswar as a Vukic-type super sub isn't a terrible idea if he's cheap, and Lucescu loves him. Only question is when his physical shortcomings become insurmountable. I would bet you Lucescu will want him again.

I wonder how many changes we'll see next month. That might depend on whether or not we manage to qualify for the next stage of the Conference League...

• 2 months later...

Sastre.jpg.b429f85eebffe609c65d27e1021e68aa.jpg

NAME:                          Joan Vanrell SASTRE
POSITION:                    Right Back
JERSEY NUMBER:       23
BIRTHDAY:                   30-Apr-1997
BIRTH PLACE:             Porreres, Spain
HEIGHT                           1.74 m
PAOK DEBUT:          
NT DEBUT:                  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:    RCD Mallorca

CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2022 (6-month loan from Mallorca. Purchase option for 3 years with 60% games played)
SALARY:                     

FelipeSoares.jpg.05e28f69ce1768f2a0c489147f627cc7.jpg

NAME:                         Felipe Miguel Barros SOARES
POSITION:                  Attacking Midfielder
JERSEY NUMBER:      50
BIRTHDAY:                20-May-1999
BIRTH PLACE:           Lisbon, Portugal
HEIGHT                         1.80 m
PAOK DEBUT:          
NT DEBUT:                  
PREVIOUS TEAMS:   Moreirense, Estoril, Benfica Lisbon B

CONTRACT ENDS:    30-Jun-2026