Phantis Forums

Current PAOK Roster - Latest Signings

Ziaka

Aparently Leo Matos came to an agreement with the coach and technical director and will remain on the team and will be utilized. Strangely this development is happening after the rumors that he might be joining AEK.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murg.jpg.b3525a6356c280a7a14e2a62e9f42982.jpg

NAME:                       Thomas MURG
POSITION:                 Attacking Midfield
JERSEY NUMBER:    10
BIRTHDAY:                14-November-1994
BIRTH PLACE:          Voitsberg, Austria
HEIGHT:                    1.73 m
PAOK DEBUT:          
NT DEBUT:                    
PREVIOUS TEAMS:   
Rapid Vienna, SV Reid, Austria Vienna, Grazer AK
CONTRACT ENDS:   30-June-2024
SALARY:                    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We aren't going to win the league and we are now out of Europe. I am sick and tired of seeing the same players not giving a $h!t. There should be a clearout this Winter so that we can use the rest of the season to mould a team that will compete next season. I am not even sure if we will be able to sell some of the players to be honest.

Varela - Had an amazing season when we won the league then got a contract renewal and has been average ever since. I cannot believe we offered him a new 3-year contract when he was already 31

Paschalakis - Only interested in doing acrobatics and hairstyles

Biseswar - Has not played a decent game since Ajax away last season. WHY DOES HE STILL GET GAME TIME?

El Kaddouri - Can we please just ship him off to Italy? It really is about time

Vieirinha - He is here to stay now until the end of the season but what a mess we made of it. He would have scored that penalty against Krasnodar. Instead he missed the entire pre-Season and is now going to pick up injuries. I will be surprised if he plays more than 10 games this season

Wague - Taxi back to Barcelona? In fact I wonder what Barcelona were thinking when they signed him. I can only think he was part of a deal to get another favour (a favour to an agent). He isn't good enough for second division teams let alone Barca. Knowing our luck he will get released in a couple of years, sign for a team who we play against in Europe, have a blinder of a game and maybe even score against us

Giannoulis, Tzolis, Zivkovic - One of these will be sold in January. I have a feeling it will be Giannoulis though we might also be saying goodbye to Tziolis. Zivko will definitely be gone at the end of the season. He is too good for us and definitely won't want to play in Europa Conference League

Colak - If we had another striker he would be going out on loan somewhere. Had high hopes for this lad. Don't want to call him a flop just yet, however it certainly is looking like it

IMO Biseswar, Wague, El Kaddouri and Giannoulis need to be sold (in Wague's case it will be terminated) in January. If we can sell Paschalakis as well that would amazing. We will need the cash to make up for all the times we have choked in the past 10 years.

1) No ones taking Biseswar. Why would anyone take on his wages. 

2) El Kaddouri won’t be going anywhere neither. He’s faltered lately. Just cause we don’t want him doesn’t mean someone else does. 

3) Giannoulis will be sold, agreed. Hopefully for over 5 mil

4) @pash convinced me it won’t be Tzolis but I can see Zivkovic leaving this winter to help a team in Europe

The issue is we went from a 4-2-3-1 with Lucuescu to a 3-4-3 with Ferriara and we have players suited to different playing styles & have made contract extensions on the wishes of different coaches but when we do get a good coach like Ivic or Lucescou we cannot keep them long enough....... 

Now if we let Garcia shape the upcoming Winter and then Summer transfers and then this gringia gets so loud we fire him too, all that happens is we waste money and are then forced to start again!!!

Our squad is currently very very average! 

Can we please stop referring to Wague as a Barcelona player?? He played in their B team, and he lasted 4 matches with the A team.....I'm sure it was all garbage time.  He's young, so maybe he will play up to some potential, but let's not pretend like we stole some up and coming whiz kid.

Pachalakis, Biseswar, El Kaddouri, Varella, crespo, Jaba, Colac, Wague are all below average players at this point and should be shipped out....HOW they get shipped is a different question altogether

Edited by BostonThanatos

• 2 weeks later...

Biseswar was given a permission to travel to Holland for the holidays and is not expected back until next year. Basically he was told to go and find a new team. I have a feeling the same might be happening with Varela.

23 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Biseswar was given a permission to travel to Holland for the holidays and is not expected back until next year. Basically he was told to go and find a new team.

According to his agent he had COVID-19 and was therefore not in the squad and now he is in the Netherlands for family (health) matters...... Maybe. Maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...

Raptopoulos on APT TV is saying Garcia wants to bring a striker & a right back with the advice and contacts of Contreras & Lino and not to listen to the contacts of Rebe..... 

I wonder if this is legit and is a battle brewing between Rebbe & Garcia?? 

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The problem is that you believe what Raptopoulos says. The biggest anti-PAOKtzis I ever heard. I would not be surprised if he is on the payroll of Karapapas. His goal is always to stir things up at PAOK.

I thought I was the biggest anti-PAOKtzis there was. Feelsbadman

11 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The problem is that you believe what Raptopoulos says. The biggest anti-PAOKtzis I ever heard. I would not be surprised if he is on the payroll of Karapapas. His goal is always to stir things up at PAOK.

He likes to stir things up for most teams, if you hear the things he says about Karapapas you wouldn't think he's on the payroll. Given he's based in Thessaloniki, PAOK takes up a lot of air-time so he probably speaks about PAOK more than any other team.