Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GALATASARAY PLAYER RATINGS AGAINST ISTANBULSPOR...

1 Ali Faryd MONDRAGON: 7 (Had a solid game, no fault at all in the Istanbulspor's goal, still looks shaky in the crosses department)

19 Haspolatli CIHAN: 7 (Nice defensively but needs to fulfil his offensive duties as right-back)

57 Unsal HAKAN: 7 (Missed Yordanov twice but very positive offensively)

2 Stjepan TOMAS: 6 (Looks cagey against pacey opponents but solid in the air)

4 Rigo SONG: 5 (Had his worst game since his arrival still OK though)

11 Gokhan HASAN SAS: 9 (wonderful goal and organised the team's attack superbly)

14 Elvir BALJIC: 6 (physically he's OK but he still has doubts in his mind, missed an empty-net opportunity)

7 Alioum SAIDOU: 8 (bossed the midfield, way way better than Conceicao)

67 Penbe ERGUN: 6 (failed to support the attack but had 6 tackles won)

25 Ates NECATI: 10 (plays down right, helps Sukur, goes to left flank... does everything and 5 goals 3 assists in 7 games... Necati, Welcome to Sami Yen!)

9 Hakan SUKUR: 8 (scored a great goal but missed five clear-cut chances... given that he's 33, his hard work has to be congratulated)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55 Sarioglu SABRI: 8 (he's fast, he can dribble, he can deliver... why does Hagi still insist on Baljic? a great assist in Sukur's goal, had an awesome piece of play)

20 Arslan VOLKAN: ? (brought on for a short time)

6 Arif ERDEM: 7 (works hard but he still is very selfish even though he's 32, good hard-fought goal scored though)

TURKISH SUPER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 7...

Galatasaray-Istanbulspor: 4-1

HASAN SAS'11 (1-0)

ERDEM'71 (2-0)

SUKUR'74 (3-0)

NECATI'79 (4-0)

DURSUN'88 (4-1)

GALATASARAY SQUAD FOR THE 2004-05 SEASON...

PLAYER NAME & NUMBER........FORMER CLUB...........POSITION............BIRTHYEAR

1 Ali Faryd MONDRAGON............FC Metz.....................GK......................1971.....

2 Stjepan TOMAS.....................Fenerbahce.................D C.....................1975.....

3 Korkmaz BULENT..............Galatasaray U19..............D C.....................1968.....

4 Rigobert SONG.........................Lens.......................D C......................1976.....

5 Ak ORHAN..........................Kocaelispor...................D LC....................1980.....

6 Arif ERDEM...........................Sociedad....................F RC.....................1972....

7 Alioum SAIDOU..................Istanbulspor..................DM C....................1977....

8 Flavio CONCEICAO...............Dortmund...................DM RC...................1974....

9 Hakan SUKUR......................Blackburn.....................S C......................1971....

10 Karan UMIT.....................Genclerbirligi...................S C......................1976....

11 Gokhan HASAN SAS..........Ankaragucu..................AM RL....................1976....

12 Ercetin AYKUT................VfB Stuttgart U19.............GK........................1982....

14 Elvir BALJIC.....................Real Madrid CF...............AM L.....................1975....

15 Aksu CAFERCAN.............Galatasaray U17...............F LC.....................1987....

16 Basaran IRFAN...............Galatasaray U17...............DM C....................1989....

18 Akman AYHAN....................Besiktas......................M RC.....................1977....

19 Haspolatli CIHAN..............Kocaelispor...................D-DM RC................1980....

20 Arslan VOLKAN................Kocaelispor....................AM C.....................1979....

21 Yavuz IBRAHIM................Adanaspor.......................D R.....................1982....

22 Turan ARDA...................Galatasaray U17................D R.....................1986....

23 Usta SUAT............................PSV...........................D RC....................1981....

24 Ovidiou PETRE....................National.......................DM LC...................1982....

25 Ates NECATI....................Adanaspor......................F RLC....................1980...

29 Erdem MULAYIM.............Galatasaray U17...............AM R.....................1986....

31 Sakar ZAFER.................Galatasaray U17.................S C......................1986...

33 Ucar UGUR...................... Darmstadt......................D C.....................1987.....

35 Umut EMRAH.....................Karsiyaka......................D LC.....................1985...

55 Sarioglu SABRI..............Galatasaray U19................M R......................1984....

57 Unsal HAKAN.....................Blackburn....................D-AM L...................1973....

61 Bolukbasi MEHMET.......Akcaabat Sebatspor..............GK.......................1979....

67 Penbe ERGUN..................Genclerbirligi...................DM LC..................1973....

78 Richard KINGSTON............Elazigspor......................GK........................1978...

GERCEKLERI TARIH YAZAR...

TARIHI DE GALATASARAY...

GALATASARAY :nw:

It's Ankaraspor v Galatasaray tonite... Galatasaray is fresh from an emphatic 4-1 win over Istanbulspor. But Ankaraspor is on fire after beating a lacklustre Besiktas 3-2 at Inonu.

I'll go for a 2-1 Galatasaray win with the first goal from the home team...

ANKARASPOR:1-2:GALATASARAY

Jaba (1-0), Sukur (1-1), Necati (1-2)...

YURUYEDUR GALATASARAY :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

According to Turkish newspapers, River's Marcelo Arnaldo Gallardo has signed a pre-contract with Galatasaray to join us on January 20, 2005. It's up to our pinti :angry: Chairman Ozhan Canaydin now. River is believed to be asking for about 2.5m € for his services and I think it's pretty fair given the player's abilities. I really hope we sign him... He'll be a perfect addition :tup: !

YURUYEDUR GALATASARAY :nw:

ANKARASPOR-GALATASARAY:0-2 (Ates NECATI'28, Karan UMIT'90)

Neat win for Galatasaray as we strolled past a somewhat lazy Ankaraspor 2-0. Good defending by the entire team and two moments of creativity by young Sabri was enough to run over the hurdle of Ankaraspor effectively. It was also good news for striker Karan Umit who played his first game for Galatasaray this season. The powerhouse striker came on in the second half and scored in the closing moments to craft an emphatic debut for himself. Man of the match was the 20-year-old Sabri who had a brilliant assist and a well-taken corner that created the first goal.

Ankaraspor were entirely far from convincing as they were outplayed by a very powerful Galatasaray team. Their most effective player was Akyuz Saffet who formerly played for Galatasaray. The Brazilian striking combination of Tita and Jaba did not work this time against a worldclass defence of Stjepan Tomas and Rigo Song...

GREAT WIN :nw: PROUD TO BE A "LION" :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

According to Turkish newspapers, River's Marcelo Arnaldo Gallardo has signed a pre-contract with Galatasaray to join us on January 20, 2005. It's up to our pinti :angry: Chairman Ozhan Canaydin now. River is believed to be asking for about 2.5m € for his services and I think it's pretty fair given the player's abilities. I really hope we sign him... He'll be a perfect addition :tup: !

Gallardo is a fantastic player!!! I'm sure he could make the difference for Gala to win the league again! I have a feeling that Fener are a level above at the moment. Gala seems to be old, stale and in need of something fresh.

Do you still play at the Olypic stadium or have you returned to the Ali Sami Yen?

Both Gala and PAO have simular problems. Small home stadiums but don't want to leave to the bigger Olympic stadiums because we lose that crucial home advantage.

for the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons we have moved back to Ali Sami Yen after last year's disappointing attendance numbers. We played in that 80,597-capacity Olympic Stadium and our average was 14,072 fans per game. We had our & Turkish league's record broken in the game against Fener having brought 69,771 fans to the stadium (3,051 of them Fener fans).

It's looking OK now we're playing much better than Fener and Besiktas, and i see a diminish in the Trabzonspor's form as they lost out to Athletic 0-2 disappointingly.

Is it still a possibility that PAO move to OAKA next year by the way?

Galatasaray seemingly improve every progressing week and even a good start to the season help erase last year's terrible memories when the club finished the league in an unexpected sixth place.

In 8 matchdays Galatasaray only had one loss to G. Antepspor (1-0 @ Kamil Ocak) and a 0-0 draw with Besiktas @ Inonu.

Last year's biggest problem seems to be overturned as Rigo Song and Stjepan Tomas are sweeping their opponents at the defensive end. The team has generated an unexpected asset at right-back as Haspolatli Cihan has consistently established himself as the team's right-back in front of new signing Ibrahim Yavuz.

The midfield looks a bit shaky especially the team's second captain Penbe Ergun is not having the best of times so far. New signings Flavio Conceicao and Alioum Saidouhave both impressed with the latter having bossed the midfield when he took his part.

The striking combination is working very well. Ates Necati and Hakan Sukur have paired up very well and this partnership has a very quality back-up in Karan Umit.

I stronglyu feel that Fenerbahce will start to lose its navigation probably after the tenth matchday and Trabzonspor already going down in performace, i see a top finish for Galatasaray at the end of the first round of games and hopefully at the end of the year...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our centennary celebrations started on Sun 17, 2004 as it came across the game v Kayserispor...

A very very impressive 5-1 win and the display of flares and fireworks before the game added the icing on the cake...

CIM BOM BOM :nw:

TRABZONSPOR v GALATASARAY

Matchday 10... I see GALATASARAY as favourites cuz Trabzon are playing shitty football since their 3-2 win over Athletic Bilbao...

And i want Galatasaray to win cuz we need to keep the ever-so-lucky Fenerbahce :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: in sight!!!

GERCEKLERI TARIH YAZAR,

TARIHI DE GALATASARAY...

:smartass: :king: :king: :smartass: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

TRABZONSPOR:0-1:GALATASARAY :king: :king: :king:

We were great! We dominated! We ran them ragged! We beat'em!

PLAYER RATINGS...

MONDRAGON: 9 - sensational performance from our giant keeper who saved two close attempt in the last 5 minutes... :tup:

HAKAN UNSAL: 8 - cool heavy left-back, gave no passage to Trabzon right-side... :)

TOMAS: 8 - kept hold of Tekke very well and was in correct coordination with Rigo... :)

RIGO SONG: 8 - pretty effective as he made two or three crucial tackles... :)

CIHAN: 7 - weakest link in the defence but still sufficient... :whistle:

ALIOUM SAIDOU: 5 - had his first torrid display since he has been playing... :(

HASAN SAS: 8 - he went for first-time passes instead of making silly dummies and here's the result... :tup:

ELVIR BALJIC: 8 - he hardly did anything one may reckon but hey, he still scored that screamer... :tup:

ERGUN: 8 - confident confident performance... after some shaky games he's found his form :tup:

ATES NECATI: 6 - worked hard but rather poor from him... tickled too much with the ref (who has to be said was disastrous)... :huh:

SUKUR: 6 - made the goal's assist but no more... <_<

MAN OF THE MATCH...

ALI FARID CAMELIO MONDRAGON :nw:

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

MKE Ankaragucu-Galatasaray:0-1

Vital win for Galatasaray... It was not the biggest display, though enough to earn the season's most life-saving win... Neither team dominated but it was a rather even-stephen case and a spotkick from Sukur on 15 mins was enough to give Galatasaray the breakthru... Here are the match-ratings for Galatasaray players...

Mondragon................8

-------------

Orhan.......................4

Tomas......................7

Song........................8

Cihan.......................9

------------

Ergun.......................5

(Akman...................6)

Flavio Conceicao.......8

Arslan Volkan...........6

(Korkmaz................7)

Sabri.......................6

------------

Sukur.......................5

(Ovidiu Petre............5)

Ates Necati...............6

MAN OF THE MATCH: Cihan...

This guy is improving with every progressing match... He played his career-best football and would have made three or four assists should our forwards be on their day...

• 2 weeks later...

According to several media sources, Galatasaray are close to signing their former playmaker Jorge Loureiro Felipe from Flamengo in the mid-season trasnfer market... Felipe has a three year contract with his club until December 2007. It's believed that the cash-strapped Flamengo board are willing to let Felipe go to Galatasaray as they received a 3m $ bid from Galatasaray, officially announced.

Jorge Loureiro Felipe was signed by Fatih Terim in July 2002 and he was pretty impressive in the Champions League games and in Turkish League Games. Because Fatih Terim showed no respect in him after he was unfairly suspended for three games, he was released on January 2003...

I think all Galatasaray fans have a sympathy for Felipe because he was never given his total chance to display his full abilities... He ended his first-Galatasaray career with 2 goals and 8 assists in 19 games overall...

I really hope we bring Felipe back...

F-U-C-K GALLARDO...

BRING ON F-E-L-I-P-E...

Galatasaray coach Gheorghe Hagi quotes after the derby...

"It's a great result after a great display. We deserved to win this game by miles and it has also been a key win for my coaching career. I really hope I can progress in my coaching career. But one should be aware that a coach's fate is sealed by what he will do. This derby is already behind us now and we should concentrate on the game against Denizlispor next week. This win has been a huge boost in terms of morale for us. But it's too early to talk about being the Champions right now. There are a series of games to go and we will confront with some big obstacles on the way. I hope we can get over them."

Archived