Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

• 10 months later...

Here is the deal with television rights to PAOK Superleague games.

In Greece and Cyprus the games will be televised on Novasport.

The international broadcasts will be available on streaming platform Net TV Plus just like last year.

As for PAOK TV the first two games will be streamed live for 4.99 Euro each. Available worldwide except Greece and Cyprus. After those two games there will be announcement concerning the annual subscription (if there will be one). This according to a note on the PAOK TV web site: 

Due to changes in the legal framework surrounding the management of television rights in markets outside of Greece and Cyprus, the sale of annual subscriptions for PAOK TV is not possible at the present time. PAOK's first two home games in the Super League will be broadcast only via the Pay-Per-View option. After that we anticipate a new update.

https://tv.paokfc.gr/products-list

• 3 weeks later...

Man that would be a huge disappointment. Let's hope it's just routine as they transfer ownership, access, security, etc., to new admins. The EONTV service that Nova uses for overseas viewers was absolute rubbish the last time I registered. I think the only languages the menus came in at the time were Czech, Slovak and maybe Russian. 

• Like it 1

17 hours ago, PaokCT said:

PAOKSYD is right on this front. This is a huge disgrace. Our media team was one of the best in Europe. It was on par with EPL teams. Let's see what happens now.

It's only a disgrace if something bad has happened. Nothing has happened yet hahaha

Looks like the live broadcasts of PAOK home games in Superleague have come to an end:

Όπως είναι γνωστό τα προηγούμενα χρόνια οι κάτοικοι του εξωτερικού είχαν τη δυνατότητα να παρακολουθούν όλα τα εντός έδρας παιχνίδια του ΠΑΟΚ μέσα από την πλατφόρμα του PAOK TV, ωστόσο όπως αποκαλύπτει το PAOK24 κάτι τέτοιο δεν θα ισχύει και τη φετινή σεζόν.

Η απόφαση της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ είναι οριστική και τo PAOK TV δεν θα μεταδίδει την εικόνα της Τούμπας την φετινή σεζόν και προφανώς δεν θα εκδοθούν ηλεκτρονικά εισιτήρια διαρκείας για τους χιλιάδες φίλους της ομάδας που ζουν στο εξωτερικό.

https://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/363845/oristiko-choris-paok-tv-oi-katoikoi-toy-exoterikoy/

Net TV Plus is not a bad service, but as Aetos tis Olandias mentions there is no direct revenue for PAOK. Since Net TV Plus is part of Novasport we get paid through the contract with NOVA.

I have a feeling that NOVA told PAOK they can't show the games, so more people could subscribe to Net TV Plus, or demanded a cut from the subscription that PAOK TV sold.   

• 1 month later...

For PAOK fans in USA, Canada and Australia, it appears that from last weekend all the games that are available on Net TV Plus are also being televised by Sport Plus. This also means that PAOK home games are now again available in the US, Canada and Australia if you subscribe to the Sport Plus channel on your satellite TV provider.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

PAOK is one of the 8 teams that are currently without a TV contract for the upcoming season. PAOK's 2-year deal with Novasports ended. Apparently we are talking with Novasports again and we are demanding a deal worth 10 mil at a minimum. In comparison Olympiakos has a deal for the upcoming season worth 15 mil. AEK and PAO who are also without a contract expect deals around 13 mil.

• 1 month later...

Apparently we came to an agreement with Novasport for the next 2 seasons for the TV rights to the Superleague home games and friendly games. The deal should be announced shortly.

The contract calls for 8 mil Euro per season plus bonuses.

21 hours ago, PaokCT said:

They shoulda reached out to PAOKTALK on YouTube. I’m sure they woulda shown the games for free

I think you should start that up again. Would be cool if you had a different guest each week. Perhaps one week guest, the next week the lad from Australia, then guest, then back to Australia and so on.

• 1 month later...

As far as I can tell they are still showing games as they list Novasports channels on their web page, which would mean that the home games of these teams are being televised:

PAOK
Aris
PAS Giannina
Asteras Tripolis
Atrpomitos
Panserraikos

I suppose you can get one week subscription for 7.50 Euro to check it out and make sure. Web site is https://nettvplus.gr/

• Like it 1

Thanks for the link. My first attempt to locate it led me to a bosnian site that had a very similar name...the next attempt sent me to a bare-bones login page that I don't think was written in Greek (and so might have still been for the bosnians??). I'm all over the place here!