Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

PaokCT sent me this tweet earlier; even if the translation is wrong I can see the 6 in the text. There are six games left in the league, but they could also just have the rights to three league home games and three play off home games.

• 3 months later...

To be honest I don't know who in their right mind would offer more money to watch Greek sports, let alone Greek football. Every single Greek sport is shrouded by uncertainty, corruption and controversy. In football, they decide a couple of weeks before upon what time a cup final will be played. Greek referees are completely inept, however the foreign refs we bring are also below par.

Even a women's basketball game turns into a fiasco because the TV says the time is up, yet the actual board says there is still time left.

I don't understand why anyone would invest in Greek sport, when it is clearly run by a heroin gangster who enjoys full immunity and has destroyed every sense of competitiveness and fairness.

19 hours ago, Nilaul said:

Because they are platforms that could potentially offer more money for exclusive rights then Greek TV stations.

I agree. If we could get PAOK TV on every platform available in the rest of the world it would be great, but let's face it as Athens4 points out who would want to get involved with a corrupted product such as Greek soccer in general and Superleague in particular.

To show you how bad things are, here in the US, the Turkish Superliaga has a TV contract with beIn Sports and their games are televised live on their platform and the whole country can see the games. The Greek Superleague on the other hand has to rely on couple stations directed at omogenia and sub-standard product quality (no HD/expensive subscriptions, etc).    

If a place like Amazon (or whoever) were to get streaming rights, it would probably be for the whole league as the potential market for our team is likely very, very, very small outside of Greece. Not saying it's not possible, but this is usually why you'd see specific networks snap up rights to specific leagues. And of course most of those leagues are well-organized enough (and have enough leverage) that they can force the entirety of the league to be packaged together. Personally I like how PAOK does it, but I do understand that it drastically limits the team's exposure to other markets.

They SHOULD be trying to shop their rights internationallyy as much as possible, of course. I hear Zambia is full of PAOK fans.

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2021 at 5:26 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

Anyone knows if we can purchase our homegames this season?

Not yet. Sunday's game will probably be televised on Open and maybe PAOK TV outside of Greece. After that it all depends on if we sign with NOVA or not.

PAOK signed a 2-year deal with NOVA! They will show tomorrow's game on Novasports 2HD. Remains to be seen if PAOK TV will show the games outside of Greece.

NOVA also announced a streaming service for outside of Greece called NETTVPLUS. They will show the home games of Olympiakos, Aris, Atromitos, PAS Giannina and Asteras Tripolis. I think they will also include PAOK home games in the package since the contracts were signed at the last minute. Will have to wait and see if that is the case.

As for Superleague 2, I think ERT will be showing the games although nothing has been announced officially yet.

PAOK TV it is. Cost is 4.99 euro ($ 6.16). Ordered.

Hopefully they will come up with a season pass. Looks like the problem will be watching the away games this season with the two TV platforms controlling the games this season.

PAOK home games are also available on the Net TV Plus streaming service together with the other 5 teams controlled by NOVA.

The pricing is as follows:

NetTVPlus.thumb.jpg.efc3543181fad85f6d216df92bd417c2.jpg

You can sign up for a 7 day free trial, which I might do in order to see the Tripoli game on Sunday. Then I will probably be buying the weekly pass when PAOK games are involved. I definitively will not pay 203 Euro for the annual package.

Still waiting for PAOK to release information on the season package for PAOK TV.

The Panaitolikos game will not be on Net TV Plus as they belong to COSMOTE.
Thankfully for us in the US, Canada and Australia the COSMOTE games are televised by Antenna Satellite/Pacific and Sport Plus although not in HD quality.

PAOKTV is officially back to broadcast all home Superleague games for the 21-22 season, this includes playoffs. 79.90 Euros for the year, and you can purchase it anywhere around the world except Greece and Cyprus. 

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20210921-paok-tv-season-ticket-2021-22/ 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 2