Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

i had trouble watching the replay in anything higher than 360p and my internet can comfortably load 4k movies with no issue and has download speeds of 100mbps+.. i sent PAOK TV an email to see what’s up 

Edited by Tahma

On 9/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, Blackhawk said:

Good job PAOKSYD. If we could only get Athens4 to purchase one. :wink:

That's the reason we had to go to Nova. These PAOK fans who are claiming they support the team and they never give a penny for their alleged love. And that's the reason ο λαός του ΠΑΟΚ is something that doesn't exist and doubtful it ever did. That's why we claim we are over a million, but in reality we are almost 50k.

PAE PAOK is ashamed of disclosing last years' PAOK TV exact numbers/subscriptions/pay per view. Those are A.R.I.S. tactics' and not matter how embarrassing this is I have to admit it. Small PAE, small team, small fans. Sad but true.

My brother makes fun of me and calls me a leftist and idealist. I'm sorry but for me buying the subscription is a duty for the team I LOVE. I'll be giving money to this team until I die. And I'm glad I can see I'm not alone here. Thankfully Athens4 is the minority. At least here. Because out there he's the majority. By far.

And of course Athens4 you're eager to participate in any radio show and share your opinion. Guess what... Your opinion holds no weight. As a PAOK fan at least.

PS: Christo, I once had bought shares worth 200 euros, back in the Zagorakis era, do you think I still can access PAOK TV's numbers? I'm very curious to find out what happened last year. Not only to get one number, but access the breakdown of the entire world, countries, cities. Everything!

ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ως το τέλος!

49 minutes ago, Yiankos said:

That's the reason we had to go to Nova. These PAOK fans who are claiming they support the team and they never give a penny for their alleged love. And that's the reason ο λαός του ΠΑΟΚ is something that doesn't exist and doubtful it ever did. That's why we claim we are over a million, but in reality we are almost 50k.

PAE PAOK is ashamed of disclosing last years' PAOK TV exact numbers/subscriptions/pay per view. Those are A.R.I.S. tactics' and not matter how embarrassing this is I have to admit it. Small PAE, small team, small fans. Sad but true.

My brother makes fun of me and calls me a leftist and idealist. I'm sorry but for me buying the subscription is a duty for the team I LOVE. I'll be giving money to this team until I die. And I'm glad I can see I'm not alone here. Thankfully Athens4 is the minority. At least here. Because out there he's the majority. By far.

And of course Athens4 you're eager to participate in any radio show and share your opinion. Guess what... Your opinion holds no weight. As a PAOK fan at least.

PS: Christo, I once had bought shares worth 200 euros, back in the Zagorakis era, do you think I still can access PAOK TV's numbers? I'm very curious to find out what happened last year. Not only to get one number, but access the breakdown of the entire world, countries, cities. Everything!

ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ως το τέλος!

It is a bit harsh to say that an opinion doesn't count just because someone has not purchased a TV package. I have travelled to places such as Amsterdam, Moscow, Western France, Brugges and Lisbon as well as various places in Greece to see PAOK play. I have even flown into Thessaloniki for a weekend to watch the team. If I were to accumulate all the cash spent for all the games and merchandise it would be a considerable sum.

Indeed, the flame that was once burning bright is now not as big as it was during the 'GreekSoccer years' but I still feel a connection to the team. Someone told me on the coach to Gelsenkirchen in 2013 that there is no such thing as "Είμαι πιο ΠΑΟΚ απο'σενα" and anyone who says that should be scolded.

Exactly my point. You traveled in all these places and spent all that money for your amusement and entertainment. Good for you you went to these matches. PAE got almost nothing from that and when PAE is asking you to give $ you choose to watch illegal streams.

That was me, I guess. And I still stand by it. PAOK is something different for each one of us. And that's fine. For me it's unthinkable to be a PAOK fan and choose to watch illegal livestreams instead of paying your beloved team. It's exactly what an Olympiakos or Aris fan would do. Period.

2 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Exactly my point. You traveled in all these places and spent all that money for your amusement and entertainment. Good for you you went to these matches. PAE got almost nothing from that and when PAE is asking you to give $ you choose to watch illegal streams.

That was me, I guess. And I still stand by it. PAOK is something different for each one of us. And that's fine. For me it's unthinkable to be a PAOK fan and choose to watch illegal livestreams instead of paying your beloved team. It's exactly what an Olympiakos or Aris fan would do. Period.

Again, it depends how you define support. I see support as actually going to games and following the team around Europe rain, wind or shine. Obviously I am not expecting PAOK fans in the US or Australia to jump on a plane and fly over for a weekend to see PAOK against AEK. Their way of supporting is by buying the package. Fair enough. My father did that too.

My case is different. I have stood in -26 degrees in Moscow and witnessed Salpiggidis miss an open goal, which would have sent us through to the next round. I have stood in the blazing sun and watched us lose to both Heerenveen and a French village team called Guingamp. I also experienced Garry Rodrigues' 93rd minute winner against Fiorentina, which was just incredible. Whenever I went to Toumpa I paid for the ticket and didn't get in for free like many of our 'brothers' in Gate 4. What I am trying to say is we each have our own way of supporting. That doesn't mean that pash is any less PAOK than me or that I am less PAOK than you. After all is said and done we are all PAOK. I am happy to follow the team and sing my heart out regardless whether we win or lose. But aside from when I buy a ticket or a shirt why would I give money to the PAE? There is Ivan, a billionaire, and sponsors for that.

Again, I am not as fanatic nowadays like I was in my teens and early-mid 20's. In fact my 'past self' would have probably agreed with what you are saying.

I had a guy on the weekend in Sydney explaining he wont buy a paok tv season pass, but he spent more money online at the boutique that day.... 

So i do not agree that buying a season pass is the only way to support PAOK. I think someome travelling to the places athens has is unbelievable & commands respect. 

I just feel that people are not passionate about being Greek anymore & this is reflected in Greek football. 

Their would be around 20,000,000 people  in the world outside greece with Greek names & lets be serious only 2,000,000 would identify as being Greek. So ofcorse numbers would be low. 

Anyway, rant over lol

17 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

I had a guy on the weekend in Sydney explaining he wont buy a paok tv season pass, but he spent more money online at the boutique that day.... 

So i do not agree that buying a season pass is the only way to support PAOK. I think someome travelling to the places athens has is unbelievable & commands respect. 

I love the fact this guy spent his money buying stuff from PAOK's store. That shows support!

Buying a season pass (and especially last year) is so much more than just giving $80-90. It gives the team we love leverage and power to be able to get more $$ in a thousand different ways. Political power, more $ from sponsors and so much more.

A team with 50K subscriptions is a completely different brand name compared to a team with 100K or 150K or 200K. Can't you just see it? And especially last year, when NOVA offered us less than $5 million even though we won the double. It was ridiculous. They gave us less than what they gave to Panathinaikos. So, PAOK took a big risk, turned down the offer and decided to do something groundbreaking our "enemies" never tried. To me, whoever turned their backs on our team's call (and has the $80-90 to spend) did a terrible mistake and should be ashamed.

And again, travelling to different cities across Europe is something fun. Yes, when we do that we support our team and is very important. However, this doesn't mean if you traveled to away games it's OK to watch illegal streams. Watching illegal streams is what an Olympiakos fan and A.R.I.S. fan will do when they play against PAOK. Don't you get it? And as Athens said, many PAOK fans used to not buy tickets to our home games... Pathetic as well!

By the way, since we mentioned travelling... Another proof that ο λαός του ΠΑΟΚ is a big fat lie, is the fact that a few years back that game Athens mentioned vs Schalke we had gotten something like 3K tickets. AND we didn't sell them out. Supposedly PAOK has numerous fans in Germany. They proved that's complete BS. We couldn't sell out 3K tickets against Schalke in one of the most important games of our recent European runs (we got 1-1 and the returning leg was in Toumba with no fans and if we weren't idiots we would have gotten to CL group stage). Plus, 2014 Greek cup final we got 22K tickets and again we didn't sell them out (the big loss 4-1 against Panathinaikos).

Don't want to sound pessimistic or anything. Tomorrow we are going to eliminate Benfica. But what I'm saying here are facts that make me so sad that ο λαός του ΠΑΟΚ wasn't what I wanted them to be.

ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ως το τέλος!

On 9/12/2020 at 12:07 PM, Yiankos said:

ΠΑΟΚΑΡΑ ως το τέλος!

I suppose as a shareholder you should be able to attend and ask questions at the annual shareholders meeting. I would also think that some sort of revenue report with should be available to the public on an annual basis. Here in the US it is required by law. Not sure about Greece though.

does anyone use the app on their LG Smart TV? i just want to know if it only works to watch the games live and nothing else because it only shows a preview picture of the next game and doesn’t allow me to scroll through any menus like it does on PC or the phone app.

• 1 month later...

Looks like PAOK TV has some competition on their hands.

Novasports has launched an international streaming channel called novasportsworld HD that will stream the all Superleague games including PAOK home games on their platform. You can subscribe monthly ( 14.90) or for the full season (€ 83.90)

More info here: http://nettvplusgreece.com/

or here: https://online.novasports.gr/el

• Like it 1

19 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Looks like PAOK TV has some competition on their hands.

Novasports has launched an international streaming channel called novasportsworld HD that will stream the all Superleague games including PAOK home games on their platform. You can subscribe monthly ( 14.90) or for the full season (€ 83.90)

More info here: http://nettvplusgreece.com/

or here: https://online.novasports.gr/el

I cannot believe PAOK did not negotiate complete international rights for its home games. Fail. Still agree with @Dutch EagleI would gladly pay the extra $80 to watch away games without pirated feeds, even if it lines the pockets of an unsavory Nova

That was probably part of negotiations with nova in order to get a good TV deal. Don't forget PAOK will get 7 mil and with bonuses we can get over 10 mil. I am sure they had to give something up to get it.

As it is the PAOK home games are allowed to be broadcast on Sport Plus in the US, Canada and Australia anyway.

I certainly understand how negotiations work, it's just, once they signed the domestic TV rights to Nova (home and away) the clubs investment in PAOKTV essentially became about international viewership. I'm surprised they didn't obtain exclusivity for home games for the international market.

Now, it's entirely possible that the price/bonuses that were negotiated were in light of PAOKTV granting Nova a concurrent right to the international broadcast (or getting an unlimited license from Nova for PAOKTV to broadcast) - in which case I trust they broke down the numbers and it was to their benefit. 

At the end of the day, I'm pleased to be able to watch these games and hopefully the club squeezed all the juice out of the lemon. The PAOKTV broadcasts were refreshing and the quality of the product was steadily improving. I hope they continue to invest in the project. 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Can someone (DutchEagle) who ordered the new novasportsworld service report on their experience? How was the picture quality, how easy was it to connect, etc. 

Picture quality is very good. No hickups or freezing. Only thing is that not all laptops are suited for the system. It seems. I tried it on my laptop and could not watch. It could not download somehow. Then I lended a laptop of one of my sons (another brand but bought the same day) and it downloaded at once. Missed only the beginning of the match.

I got a subscription for one week. € 6,99. You can watch for exactly one week with the possibility to watch all games over and over again if you like.

I think I'll buy it again next week. I prefer this over some illegal streams. 

22 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Picture quality is very good. No hickups or freezing. Only thing is that not all laptops are suited for the system. It seems. I tried it on my laptop and could not watch. It could not download somehow. Then I lended a laptop of one of my sons (another brand but bought the same day) and it downloaded at once. Missed only the beginning of the match.

I got a subscription for one week. € 6,99. You can watch for exactly one week with the possibility to watch all games over and over again if you like.

I think I'll buy it again next week. I prefer this over some illegal streams. 

Thanks for the report Aete tis Ollandias. Sounds like a good option. For now I am set with PAOK TV for the home games, and Sport Plus/Antenna Satellite  for the away games and the rest of the Superleague games. Maybe in the future I will utilize this option.

• Like it 1

• 3 months later...

As far as I know this just for the PAOK Superleague home games. Hopefully PAOK TV got a good deal from DAZN Japan. Maybe it would have been more profitable for PAOK TV to create a stream just with Japanese commentary.