Phantis Forums

New Stadium

Spears

wow, you think its that funny eh.....whats funny is that pao wants a 45k one when they cant half fill a 16k

at OAKA thour games were sold out very often

With a 70k I would imagine it would be sold out for every CL match, and would at least come close to sold out for the aek, pao and maybe even paok derbies

maybe you have too much objectivity my freind. Karaiskaki badly needs more capacity. it would be much needed for the NT as well

i just htink that 70k places in the stadium is far too much for a greek team. if you have seen some matches when osfp played in oaka you saw that most of the times not even half of the stadium was full.

no team in greece really needs a stadium bigger than 50k. there would be some matches that would be sould out, but most of the times it wouldnt be like that. unfortunately.

I think we are witnessing the very last games in Leoforo... like the derby against Oly this Sunday maybe the last one played there...

So, some retrospect and reverence are in order.... especially considering that this historic field of dream will be gone for ever, only last in our collective memories....

Other teams buld on site, so they retain much of the sense of home, but we are moving so it's harder for us.

The final game in Leoforo will take place soon... so, gents, revere the Leoforo for as long as it stands.... and take the great memories to our new home.

I also wanted to add that AEK has been making money this year by playin at OAKA....

For example, AEK-PAOK 36,000.... PAO-OLY 14,000

I'm not for huge stadium, cause this is Greece and a small market... but one for 40,000 should be perfect! I'd even suggest to have very cheap tickets for lesser games so more people attend.

Today is the big day for the stadium. The Mayor is meeting up with Vardinogiannis and Gianakopoulos Bros. to discuss the details of her proposal for Votaniko.

Hopefully they will come to some sort of a preliminary agreement and we'll be able to start planning.

I also wanted to add that AEK has been making money this year by playin at OAKA....

For example, AEK-PAOK 36,000.... PAO-OLY 14,000

I'm not for huge stadium, cause this is Greece and a small market... but one for 40,000 should be perfect! I'd even suggest to have very cheap tickets for lesser games so more people attend.

spot on!

Tickets will inevitably come down to encourage people to go. I remember 100drx in 1985 and 500drx in 1992 Champions League and even in 1996.

Those days are Long GONE mate. I would be happy if the tickets were about 15-20 euros in the new stadium.

I think that reasonable nowadays in a modern stadium would be considered:

15 - Behind the posts

20-25 Corners

30-40 Central

20-30 - Everywhere upperdeck

By the way in 1996 the cheapest ticket for the league in OAKA was 1500 and could go up to 8000

i just read today that the people of votaniko are against bakogiannis' plans to build the stadium there.

as it looks to me you will either have lots of problems in getting your stadium built there or you have to see how it works with the other options. it is likely that your team would have the same problems in goudi which would mean you would have to built your "arena" in elliniko.

i hope for your team that this wont happen.

What do you mean by "people of Votaniko"? The only people at Votaniko are homeless refugees and tsigannoi!!! There are no properties to live there... The place its full of old factories!!!

Well said by Mr. Souflias... People who live at goudi have a problem with the stadium at Goudi, Mayors at Helliniko have a problem of bringing the stadio to Helliniko, now people of Votaniko have a problem, lets get the stadium build in EVOIA!!!!! :P

OYST KOPRITES!!!!!!! :box:

I DON'T GET THIS EVERY TIME PAO TRIES TO FIND A LOCATION SOME GROUP OF ENVIRONMENTALISTS COMES UP AND WANTS TO MAKE A PARK OUT OF IT. WHERE WERE THESE GUYS BEFORE VOTANIKOS CAME UP FOR PAO AND WHAT WERE THEIR PLANS? NOTHING, THEY JUST WANT TO CAUSE A BIT OF A PROBLEM, BUT I DON'T THINK THIS WILL BE AN ISSUE SINCE THE LAND IS OWNED BY THE MUNICIPALITY AND THEY MAKE THE RULES.

I have a feeling after all my wish will come true for a 55.000 stadium. Unless an other Greek team does a stadium of this capacity for which I doupt.

An at least second 55.000 stadium cappacity, after OAKA is a requirment for Greece to host the Euro 2012.

:tup:

I DON'T GET THIS EVERY TIME PAO TRIES TO FIND A LOCATION SOME GROUP OF ENVIRONMENTALISTS COMES UP AND WANTS TO MAKE A PARK OUT OF IT. WHERE WERE THESE GUYS BEFORE VOTANIKOS CAME UP FOR PAO AND WHAT WERE THEIR PLANS? NOTHING, THEY JUST WANT TO CAUSE A BIT OF A PROBLEM, BUT I DON'T THINK THIS WILL BE AN ISSUE SINCE THE LAND IS OWNED BY THE MUNICIPALITY AND THEY MAKE THE RULES.

Exactly...a few....petrol bombs wouldnt go to waste <_<

Pardon my lack of energy to research, but can someone please update the info on the new stadium... so its gonna be where? whats the latest talks on capacity? where can one find such info? when will pao start playing games there? will these silly questions ever end? have these votaniko made an official complaint or something? why is the sky blue?

So let me get it streight.... We give away leoforos worth of 20bn to the Municipality of Athens...

Then we are expected to go to this shitty place near Eleona...

Then we are expected to BUILD the stadium..

And all that for what? For the new stadium to belong to Dimo?

F&&&K OFF!!!!!

If you want a stadium belonging to Dimo build it yourselves ALHTES!!!! :box:

Tzigger, don't put a single penny for the bloody stadium!!!! :angry:

Tzigger, don't put a single penny for the bloody stadium!!!!

as far as i know this is exactly what is going to happen. in a past interview some people of pao had said that pao wont have to put any money in to build the stadium because sponsors, the municipality, investors etc will provide all the money necessary.

slowly it is getting tiresom. first all the complaints about where to build it etc and now that you have a very good plan in your hands for a stadium you still complain that you most probably dont have to pay a cent to build it. i mean you guys should be happy that you will get a new stadium within the city area.

CH we are not an charity house... Why should we build a stadium and gift it to Dimo Athineon?

Don't forget that we are also giving Leoforos to Dimo which is PAO's property!!! :angry:

The only way Tzigger will accept this is only if he doesn't have to put a single penny on it... Then fine, let the bloody Dimos build the stadium and we can also name it Dora Bakogianni!!!! :angry:

OYST!!!!! :box:

re pappou, that is exactly what is going to happen if the article i have read is true. nobody of pao will have to put a single cent into the building of the new stadium. and your officials even want to keep parts of the leoforos ground. i mean what else do you want?

the city will pay for a huge part of the stadium and the rest will be paid by investors (e.g. ethniki trapeza). i have never even read a word about it that pao will have to put money in to build the stadium. i would understand that if leoforos ground would be handed over to the city. but you even want to keep that! and as far as i know that ground had been given to pao as a present in the past too (i might be wrong).

in my oppinion either you give away the complete area of leoforos and assure your part of the new stadium like that or your people just have to stop crying around that the stadium will be owned by the city.

btw, here is the article

sportnet

re pappou, that is exactly what is going to happen if the article i have read is true. nobody of pao will have to put a single cent into the building of the new stadium. and your officials even want to keep parts of the leoforos ground. i mean what else do you want?

the city will pay for a huge part of the stadium and the rest will be paid by investors (e.g. ethniki trapeza). i have never even read a word about it that pao will have to put money in to build the stadium. i would understand that if leoforos ground would be handed over to the city. but you even want to keep that! and as far as i know that ground had been given to pao as a present in the past too (i might be wrong).

in my oppinion either you give away the complete area of leoforos and assure your part of the new stadium like that or your people just have to stop crying around that the stadium will be owned by the city.

btw, here is the article

sportnet

The new Stadium is gonna be complitely owned by PAO. I don't worry about that.

If the government contributes something is gonna be a small part of the total, if they want to put the stadium in the bid for Euro 2012.

Otherwise, PAO will put all the money for it. PAO officials have already stated that they have managed to find the 120 out of 150 million euros needed for the entire build.

Pappou, I'm not sure, but are you certain Leoforos belongs to PAO? I think way back the Dimos gave it to PAO to built a gipedo, but I don't think it really belongs (on paper) to PAO.

Anyway, that's not my point.... My point is, OK we keep Leoforos, then WHAT? Say, the dimos/gov don't want to sub the new gipedo.... either at Votaniko, or where-ever. What do we do?.... Really? what the f*^k do we do? Leoforos is old, UEFA doesn't want it..... so? we can keep complaining, begging for money for the next 40 years.

I, for one, would like to be in our new home to celebrate our 100 years!

I think it's a game all sides are playing. Crap. Tzigger has the money. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer PAO uses exclussively its own money so