Phantis Forums

New Stadium

Spears

well, when i entered the stadium i wasnt really impressed either. it might have been because i expected something much better.

what is it missing, is, that from the outside there is nothing really build around except the place with the lounges and the restaurant.

what i like about it is the roof. i just think it is nice. also inside i like it that the people are close to the field. what a football stadium should be like.

the other pictures above show the new arsenal stadium, dont they? keep on dreaming if you expect something like that to be your new stadium. ;)

i think the one in the picture is ugly. Screw modern styles- i think it would be great to see a newer stadium that has hints/traces of apostolos nikolaidis style......one that keeps the fans VERY close to the field...

I absolutely agree - I really want the new stadium to have its fans as close to the pitch like at Leoforos! Thats why leoforos became such a hostile home ground for us! Fans a couple of metres away from you is very intimidatating!!!

ANyways as fro design!

Panathinaikos_Trifilli dont worry too much about that link - wait till official designs come out and anyways thats just an artists impression Im sure the new stadium wont look as ugly as that! or as Kokalaskaki! lol

I for one would like to see something modern!

Guest Protathlitis

Like these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you really like the look of these? especially the first one?

Karaiskaki is beautiful inside and out....you wait till it gets a second tier :nw:

why when you see plans for a new stadium does it look like they want to build a shopping centre inside too

Im not sure if you havent noticed but these are the way new stadiums are built. These are the beautiful designs and on the inside are even more beautiful. Not like that s%$#! hole you call a beautiful new stadium. You know, 1 gay still hasen't actually said what is beautiful about kokkalaiskaki. It's 4 red walls with 1 tier of red seats. It's the plainest looking stadium that has been built in the last 25 years. I defy 1 gavro to prove me wrong.
your a fool. If you think that first stadium is beautiful or not crap-looking then theres no point in me trying to explain to you in detail why Karaiskaki is so beautiful

btw, I was there with foreigners who loved the stadium; especially how close you are to the action

It makes for some of the best atmospheres in europe with the acoustics, closeness etc

It doesent have those stupid curves and bull crap which tries to make it look ultra modern. Its a peoples' stadium, RED :nw: and a real FOOTBALL STADIUM

Its one of the best football stadiums in the world!! :nw:

once you move out of that delapitated piece of crap you can only dream your stadium will be the kind of football stadium ours is

Guest Protathlitis

football was the word I was emphasising

there might be ones with higher capacity but if you go there you will see how electric the atmosphere is. my unlce whos a vaselos (not such a fanatical one) went to an OSFP game just to get a bit of the atmosphere

I dont like the style of those english grounds and especially the ones which try to come off as ultra modern with their excessive curves etc

I just got back from one of the best stadiums in the world; the 100,000 seater MCG in Melbourne. (none of it is standing room). its an awesome stadium but Karaiskaki is a much better football stadium. even though Karaiskaki has 33k seats the atmosphere is still better. many stadiums have tracks around the pitch and so the atmosphere sufffers so much

Id say the San Siro is the best football stadium in the world and that Karaiskaki would be in the top 10 or 15

so lacking in respect you people

Panos has a good point, as seat capaticance goes, i would be suprised if karaiskaki's stadium of 33,000 was in the top 100 of seat capaticance in europe, let alone the world. But it is a nice stadium by greek standereds, and the closeness to the pitch (which i've seen in pictures, i've never been) seems very close too the action... but its not one of the greatest stadiums in the world, by a long shot.

(Btw, this has not got alot to do with the stadiums, and alot of people may find this a little pointless... but do you realise if we had defeated liverpool in the 84-85 semi-final, the tragedy of heysel may never have happened, and all the laws of seating in stadiums may not even exist today, and our attendance would still be in the 40,000's??? a little something to think about)

Protathlitis:

English stadiums don't have athletics tracks around them. That has never been the English style. In fact it was the English who have always had the stadiums built for football only.

I don't particularly like the stadiums with ccurving roofs either but places like Wigan and Reading and Hull City are very similar to Karaiskaki style as are Sunderland and Middlesboro's new grounds. If you have time have a search on the internet for them, you will see what I mean.

Edited by Panos13

(Btw, this has not got alot to do with the stadiums, and alot of people may find this a little pointless... but do you realise if we had defeated liverpool in the 84-85 semi-final, the tragedy of heysel may never have happened, and all the laws of seating in stadiums may not even exist today, and our attendance would still be in the 40,000's??? a little something to think about)

I had the same thoughts many times. I remember thinking that at the time Hysel happened. I recently watched that evropaiki poreia again of 84/85 again through the cds I get from Sportime. That was such a magnificant occasion. I was at OAKA when we beat Gotenborg to go to the semis against Liverpool and I will never forget the silence on the 88th minute when Saravakos was behind the ball waiting to take the penalty. The silence was deafening...it was the loudest most tense silence ever !!!!!

But of course o mikros scored and sent us to 7th heaven :nw:

Will we ever see another Saravakos at PAO?

Edited by Panos13

I had the same thoughts many times. I remember thinking that at the time Hysel happened. I recently watched that evropaiki poreia again of 84/85 again through the cds I get from Sportime. That was such a magnificant occasion. I was at OAKA when we beat Gotenborg to go to the semis against Liverpool and I will never forget the silence on the 88th minute when Saravakos was behind the ball waiting to take the penalty. The silence was deafening...it was the loudest most tense silence ever !!!!!

But of course o mikros scored and sent us to 7th heaven :nw:

Will we ever see another Saravakos at PAO?

Pano, can you please tell what those cd's are like. Do they have the full games? For some reason every time psortime comes with a cd they never bring it here to the us. :angry:

For some reason every time psortime comes with a cd they never bring it here to the us. :angry:

That's probably because the people selling the paper take the CDs out for their own use without paying for the paper. That's what happens at our local store that sells the Greek papers. Usually the plastic wrap that contains the CD/DVD is just ripped open, with the CD missing.

That's probably because the people selling the paper take the CDs out for their own use without paying for the paper. That's what happens at our local store that sells the Greek papers. Usually the plastic wrap that contains the CD/DVD is just ripped open, with the CD missing.

No not even that, the paper just doesn't come. :blink: I wonder if anybody is willing to make copies or sell these?

Like these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you really like the look of these? especially the first one?

Karaiskaki is beautiful inside and out....you wait till it gets a second tier :nw:

why when you see plans for a new stadium does it look like they want to build a shopping centre inside too

Im not sure if you havent noticed but these are the way new stadiums are built. These are the beautiful designs and on the inside are even more beautiful. Not like that s%$#! hole you call a beautiful new stadium. You know, 1 gay still hasen't actually said what is beautiful about kokkalaiskaki. It's 4 red walls with 1 tier of red seats. It's the plainest looking stadium that has been built in the last 25 years. I defy 1 gavro to prove me wrong.
funny the model that pao is thinking to build looks nuttin like these stadiums

u want to talk about ugly go look at your current stadium and the model u have for the future stadium

build something better then karaiskaki but don't call it a s%$#! hole b/c the same can be said and alot worse for your current and future home

i mean if Olympic stadium was Olympiakos home u would call it ugly

your green glasses makes u so blind

and your comments are lacking a lot of knowledge

so stop posting for the sake of this forum

Ahaha nai re i should stop posting so we can have ur m*****es on here. Pao's model looks a hell of a lot better than ur sorry as stadium plus another 10-20,000 seats more than that joke you call a new stadium. Usually when a stadium is built with 30,000 seats it has a very fancy design like the ones in the pictures above. But you owner is such a cheap m****pano lowlife that he builds the plainest stadium i've ever seen in my life and to top it off it doesn't hold 35,000. :LOL:

Edited by Yaniotis1

Guest Protathlitis

my match-box cars look better than the real thing :nw:

why do you have to talk such s%$#!? its just draining how you criticise Karaiskaki like that :gr:

Edited by Protathlitis

Guest Protathlitis

Panos has a good point, as seat capaticance goes, i would be suprised if karaiskaki's stadium of 33,000 was in the top 100 of seat capaticance in europe, let alone the world

I wouldent think so either. my point was not about CAPACITY*

our capacity probably will be increased to possibly more than 70k with a second tier though, espcially if we get euro

Edited by Protathlitis

Protathlitis:

English stadiums don't have athletics tracks around them. That has never been the English style. In fact it was the English who have always had the stadiums built for football only.

I don't particularly like the stadiums with ccurving roofs either but places like Wigan and Reading and Hull City are very similar to Karaiskaki style as are Sunderland and Middlesboro's new grounds. If you have time have a search on the internet for them, you will see what I mean.

you have some good points, but i'd say that you also have to take into account, that england has a much longer history in football than greece has. it is also a much richer country than greece is.

karaiskaki is a good stadium but in my oppinion it is an average stadium for european standards. what karaiskaki is missing is a better outside. it is quite plain, but if you think about how long it took to build it (especially for greek standards ;) ) it is very nice.

just out of curiosity. how do the plans for paos new stadium look like? has anybody a picture of them or arent these the final plans yet?

here some future stadiums i like:

shakhtar stadium

Posted Image

beijing olympic stadium (this on is just amazing)

Posted Image

stade grimonprez-jooris II (lille)

Posted Image

our capacity probably will be increased to possibly more than 70k with a second tier though, espcially if we get euro

sorry mate :LOL:

do you really think we need such a stadium? it will be sold out about 3 times a year.

if the capacity will be extended then it should go up to about 45'000 not more. we dont need a bigger stadium.

build something better then karaiskaki but don't call it a s%$#! hole b/c the same can be said and alot worse for your current and future home

i mean if Olympic stadium was Olympiakos home u would call it ugly

your green glasses makes u so blind

Sorry pao fans, but he's right, Karaiskaki is a very nice stadium, and basically we have no right to slag it off. If the future stadium is like the ones we see in the pics, then I think were screwed. We can compliment the designs all day, but the truth is Karaiskaki is a very nice, even beuatiful, stadium.

(You dont know how much it hurt to write that)

:(

Pano, can you please tell what those cd's are like. Do they have the full games? For some reason every time psortime comes with a cd they never bring it here to the us. 

Yianiotis:

The CDs are good. My only criticism is that they are dragging it over so many weeks by featuring only 1 game in 1 CD, or 1 game 1 week. This will go on for weeks. But from a commercial point you can understand why Sportime are doing it this way.

As for the CDs content, each has extended highlights from a Euro match in a particular year. Last week was the mates in UEFA against Auxerre in 86/87 season which we won. It's part of that great run that beat Juve. There is also interviews with the players like Antoniou, Livathinos, Dimopoulos, Rotsa, etc. wgo describe the game and comment on it.

I reccommend you ask a family member to buy it and send you it like I do because they are worth having. Next Tuesday it's the games against Juve when we kicked their asses. :)

Guest Protathlitis

sorry mate :LOL:

do you really think we need such a stadium? it will be sold out about 3 times a year.

if the capacity will be extended then it should go up to about 45'000 not more. we dont need a bigger stadium.

wow, you think its that funny eh.....whats funny is that pao wants a 45k one when they cant half fill a 16k

at OAKA thour games were sold out very often

With a 70k I would imagine it would be sold out for every CL match, and would at least come close to sold out for the aek, pao and maybe even paok derbies

maybe you have too much objectivity my freind. Karaiskaki badly needs more capacity. it would be much needed for the NT as well

Posted Image

anyway, none of the big stadiums in europe are sold out every week. many dont come close.