Phantis Forums

New Stadium

Spears

Goudi - Tzigger wants to go there but Souflias cannot guarantee the smooth build up of the stadium due to municipality, residents of Goudi and Mayor... Apparently if ONE person brings his objection to thje stadium at the "Council of Epikrateia" then the whole construction might be left aside until a court ruling comes out... And this might take years!!! Therefore, Tzigger is very sceptikal to move towards the Goudi area because obviously his investment might end up in the recycle bin!!!

something similar happened when they wanted to build a new stadium in zurich for the european champaionship in 2008. they wanted to build a very nice stadium but the people of that area started protesting, because its shadow would be to big, the people coming into the shops of the stadium would cause a lot of trouble etc.

now the whole project has stopped and they have a new plan to renovate another stadium of zurich. even this isnt sure anymore. it would be ridiculous if zurich, the biggest city in switzerland, wouldnt have a stadium for the ec.

i wish you guys good luck for the stadium. hopefully the whole subject will finish soon.

I'm willing to bet you that PAO will make a new stadium in Elliniko....

Why? Because

1.there is more than enough space there.... (it's huge!!!)

2. Plenty of parking

3. plenty of commercial oppurtunities to make money

4. All PAO clubs can be under one roof so to speak

5. Fewer objections by the locals.... especially if they buy the argument that a metro park needs income to be made and maintained....

6. Vardi is a businessman above all and from a commercial point of view, Elliniko is the most promising.

7. Will stick it to Kokkalis as PAO having a better/bigger stadium.

8. Because the space is already available the building of the new stadium and adjecent facilities can take place FAST!!!! Fast, fast, fast!

9. Management thinks that any objections from fans for picking Elliniko will subside once the fans see a state of the art stadium, CHEAPER tickets (seasonal and otherwise) and other ammenities!

10. Though I'm so attached to Leoforos, like all of you friends, if the team moves to Elliniko, even against our wishes, what are we going to do?.... stay away for a while, but soon we'll go.... especially if the team does well..... And owners know this! If, besides parking, they make it easy with public transport to get there, vazeloi will fill the stadium, especially if we are in the CL play! No????!!!!

So, any one cares to bet with me? ;)

Edited by athinaios

if you ask me it does not matter, no matter where its built us vazeloi love our team too much to stay away, so we will go, hopefully..(with some attendences we've been having this year i dunno <_< <_< )

we need a new stadium and thats a fact, and i always thought that the airport was about ten mintues away, and especially if they provide a way of transportation there, just like in kairaskaki, i think we should be fine

lets just get this issue solved tho please

athinaios:

No bets from me because I fear you maybe right :(

But one point to make about what you said. If we go to Elliniko, the other tmimata tis omadas will not be in the same place as you say because they have been given a place at Goudi.

I would like PAO to stay at Leoforos but it's not realistic as the space is far to limited. Goudilooks a distant possibility now and Votaniko the same, which leaves..... :(

I'm willing to bet you that PAO will make a new stadium in Elliniko....

Why? Because

1.there is more than enough space there.... (it's huge!!!)

2. Plenty of parking

3. plenty of commercial oppurtunities to make money

4. All PAO clubs can be under one roof so to speak

5. Fewer objections by the locals.... especially if they buy the argument that a metro park needs income to be made and maintained....

6. Vardi is a businessman above all and from a commercial point of view, Elliniko is the most promising.

7. Will stick it to Kokkalis as PAO having a better/bigger stadium.

8. Because the space is already available the building of the new stadium and adjecent facilities can take place FAST!!!! Fast, fast, fast!

9. Management thinks that any objections from fans for picking Elliniko will subside once the fans see a state of the art stadium, CHEAPER tickets (seasonal and otherwise) and other ammenities!

10. Though I'm so attached to Leoforos, like all of you friends, if the team moves to Elliniko, even against our wishes, what are we going to do?.... stay away for a while, but soon we'll go.... especially if the team does well..... And owners know this! If, besides parking, they make it easy with public transport to get there, vazeloi will fill the stadium, especially if we are in the CL play! No????!!!!

So, any one cares to bet with me? ;)

u say that Pao will built and bigger and better stadium

that is wishful thinking but do remember the only reason u guys are building one is b/c of the success u see that Karaiskaki as brought Olympiakos

the advantage of building a modern stadio

off course u will built and archichetually better stadio it will be more newer then ours

but have u guys finalized on the deal

Elliniko sounds nice

i mean its a big time area and u can build alot of businesses around the stadio

but this takes alot of time to built it

i mean Olympiakos will be many years ahead of Pao finanically

the only thing slowing us down are these fines

but will the Pao fans bee committed to the stadio

u guys are in 1st place

i don't knwo how but u are currently

and yet your fans don't pack up the 16,000 stadio

also the team won't be spending too much on the club b/c of the expenses of building a stadium

and also u can't compare Kariaskaki to the new Pao stadio

b/c Karaiskaki as history

the old stadio was used for the 1896 Olympics

it is not to far where the great general Giorgios Kariaskaki died during battle

and alot of Great Olympiakos memories

we have all that and so much more

u can't take leoforos with u

i forgot to mention

that i do want Pao to have a new stadium

it is great for Greek soccer

i mean they are the #2 in the country so they need one

i mean AEK should hopefully rebuild their nea philadelfia

i would also like Aris to renovate their stadio

it will bring back the fans and the atmosphere

not just for big games

Athineos is rigfht on most things...

However I don't agree with many of you that say, it doesn't matter that the ground will be a bit further out of Athens... Did anyone ever consider why Arsenal plays in east London, why Stamford Bridge is near Fulham and Chelsea or why Wembley is within London? Have you ever heard before Barcelona building a stadium OUTSIDE of Barca, or bayern playing to a stadium outside of Munich?

I mean these things happen only in Greece... And commercially it might be better for the reasons that Athineos and many of you mention (i.e. the space, development of shops etc etc) but you keep forgeting something really important... WHO IS GOING TO GO TO HELLINICO EVERY WEEK? Certaintly NOT me!!! And it is not going to be due to my objection to Hellinico (I do recognise the difficulties building it in Goudi) but it will be due to difficulties going there every week...

Gents, 70% of the PAO fan base, are located in Abelokipi, Gyzi, Goudi, Zografou... Do you think that all these people are willing to travel 45 minutes away to watch their teams? Or that they will travel to go for a cofee at one of the stores in the stadioum? If the ground was in Goudi then all this people even when there was NO match, could go to PAO cafe and have a coffee on an ordinary day....

That is why I am in favour of NO ground at all!!! Lets put the pressure on the bloody government for once instead of doing half jobs, settling with anything the government has to offer... remember people, the STADIOUM is a LIFETIME investment it will route PAO's history from now onwards and we won't have another opportunity to build one... This has to be done correctly or not done at all!!!! :angry:

the STADIOUM is a LIFETIME investment it will route PAO's history from now onwards and we won't have another opportunity to build one...

and this very good point is at the heart pf it all. Ask yourselves gents, wehere do we want our history to continue to be written? do we want it to be where it began and where it has always beeen or do we want to uproot it and go somewhere where there is no relation? In football as in life, if you lose your identity and roots you lose your very purpose for existence. Do we want PAO to make history in its birthplace, or not? If not, then let's take the show on the road. I say we go to Patras :P

Did anyone ever consider why Arsenal plays in east London

we play in north london..pou vrikes to east london?? :unsure:

about the stadium, it should be where the main fan base is...just look at Arsenal, the new stadium is 1/2 a mile away from highbury coz they didnt wanna leave the area

Goudi or Votaniko for me.......

look Real Madrid... they have 100,000 stadium in Madrid....

its 80.000
no its 80 for sure........its a huge stadium....and even reals stadium is poorly positioned and still sells out.....theyre thousands of miles from their biggest fanbase in Japan :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

elliniko has plenty of space and it would be really great to have a Panatha complex so that basket, volley everything has one location...

Yes you are right, although Highbyru is North-east London it is more towards the north.... The station "Highbury" is in Victoria line of the underground if I remember correctly.....

signomi re ala eisai lathos...the highbury and islington tube station is nowhere near Arsenal stadium, weird i know!!

Arsenal station on the piccadily is right outside the stadio. north-east london is stoke newington, towards hackney...areas like that. :)

first off this is my first time writing so i would like to say hi to everyone.

second, we need a new stadium to be able to compete in europe so we should

take any location cause the longer we fight for goudi the longer it will take for us

to get a new stadio.

Call me crazy (and possibly un-informed), but has anyone ever considering renovating/upgrading Leoforos to add some seats (possibly upper deck/concourse). I mean even if it took a year or two, you could play in OAKA as a short term solution. Granted space would be really tight (especially w/ parking), but if there were adaquete public transportation it could easily work. Your thoughts...?

i dont think its a good idea to build the sides of leoforo.they could not build on top,

they would have to build outwards to do this which can not be done because you would have to build the sides wider which will end up on the street.no land around leoforo. PLUS WE WANT A NEW STADIUM. TEAMS THAT COME FROM OTHER COUNTRIES LAUGH AT OUR STADIUM. WE ARE A TOP TEAM, WHICH MEANS WE

NEED A NEW STADIUM.

Do you know what I do not get with all you Pao fanatics from Athens?

Well I do not live in Athens and that is maybe the reason that I am totally wrong, but I honestly do not undersand why everybody hates the Helinico offer while it has all the potenial to become a great stadium (like Athinaios said). Look if Goudi or Votaniko had the same potentials then fine but they certainly don't.

For instance I hear all the Pao funs are braging about stuff like a 45 minute ride to the stadium :blink: . Honestly are you that sicked for the team that you would prefer it to be 20 minutes less for the ride :blink:. If you whant everything to be next to your home then foget the game and whatch it on TV. I mean I do not know how much of Pao funs are there around Goudi when they can't fill up the Leoforo stadium. And we are talking that ATHENS of 4.000.000 people !!!!. Does Pao funs exist only in the Goudi and Leoforo area from the entire city ? :blink: ?. Please don't want everything for yourshelvs, when Pao funs like me go to see the team from outside of Athens with way much longer drives !!!

In any case my choise if I were to decide would be OAKA or Helinoko. There are a whole lot Pao funs out there every were to go and see the team. If the there are Pao funs that love their team and they are not willing to sacrifice some of their time to see their team then ###### it say home to see the replays to...

Look it is just my opinion but the way you all athenians talk makes I feel like I should not be a Pao fun because my house is not lockated near the Leoforo district, and is something that really drives me mad when sometimes I WISH I lived as close as 3 hours to the stadium and I swear to God I woud never miss a game.