Phantis Forums

A' Division: PAOK - Kerkyra

Ziaka

On Sunday, September 19, PAOK plays the first league game against Kerkyra at Toumba Stadium. The game starts 19:00 GR and willbe televised live on Supersport in Greece.

Kerkyra being a newcomer to the top league should not be that hard to overcome, but with the latest development nobody kows how the team will aproach the game. Don't forget that Kerkyra also made some good acquisitions during the summer. Also let's not forget that before this game PAOK has a tough UEFA Cup game against Alkmaar.

My prediction is a hard fought 2-1 win.

God willing it'll be a win.

I think PAOK are going to be in for a hard match. Not only because they have that UEFA match, not only because they lost out in the CL, but because there seems to be some sort of strife with the coach/admin. The players have to get behind their coach and show everyone that last year was not fluke.

PAOK have to get their heads into this League play and concentrate on it. It's just these sort of easy games, that everyone expects them to win, that end up biting them in the ass later on. In the past, it's been these games which have stopped them from finishing 2nd or 3rd in the League.

I have to disagree with the both of you because I see this match much more easier. Yes they have an UEFA game but I think that Anastasiadis will set up his group on the field to where they will be looking ahead to this weekends game. No matter what they say on the press reports.

PAOK - Kerkyra 3-0

Somebody has to do something and shake things up at PAOK. We have to get back on the right track. It appears that the team does not have a leader. Somebody has to step up and take a leadership role.

This will be a very tough game. Hoepfully the luck will be on our side.

In the end it is the win and the 3 points that count. Not a great game by PAOK, who only had good 15 minutes during which they scored the winning goal. Kerkyra had couple chances to tie the game in the end. Vaggelis was ejected from the game after receiving 2 yellow cards, and I must say that Feutchine should have been red-carded earlier in the game after a blatant and dangerous foul.

Hopefully with this win, the team can put behind the European failures of past month, and start focusing on the league.

Only 3,369 fans showed up for the game. The reason is that a lot of PAOkfans are boycotting PAOK games.

Next game is a tough one against Neos Panionios at Nea Smyrni.

Only 3,369 fans showed up for the game. The reason is that a lot of PAOkfans are boycotting PAOK games.

If this is the case, then that's pathetic...

You don't support your team just when your doing good; you support your team through the thick and thin no matter what...

GO PAOK!!! :box:

Archived