Phantis Forums

PAOK gets Qusai

Ziaka

PAOK has signed Iraqi Olympic team midfielder Munir Qusai to a 3+2 year contract. Qusai will be able to play in PAOK's European matches, but he won't be able to play in the Greek league until December 31, since the transfer period has allready ended. In order for Qusai to join the team, PAOK will have to let go one of the five foreign players, since they would be over the limit. One of the following players will havce to leave team either as a contract buyout or on a loan basis to another team: Hagan, Feutchine, Udese, Spasic, Amaefule. My bet is on Amaefule.

An interesting move I suppose. Anything insightful on the guy? It seemed Iraq were the wonderkids of the Olympic tourney...was this guy instrumental in bringing that about?

As far as Amaefule is concerned....good riddance. I think I can suggest a whole bunch of players that should be let go.

I have seen only segments of the one of Iraq's games on TV, and I can't say that anybody made a big impression on me. However Qusai must have made some impression on Anastasiadis, since it was him that gave the ok to get him. Also it did not hurt that the player was a free agent, meaning PAOK did not have to spend money for a transfer. As far as I am concerned he can't be any worse than Amaefule.

Mind you, he might not be any better either. If Anastasiadis gave the okay, and they didn't have to spend money to get him, then perhaps they did it just to appease some people and act as though they are "active" on the market.

Anyway, thanks for that info Ziaka.

It appears now that Quasai does not want to come to PAOK after all. Today he was supposed to sign a contract with PAOK, but instead he left Greece for Baghdad, and it appears that the deal with PAOK might be off.

Archived