Phantis Forums

Dimitris Eleftheropoulos (Sienna)

Vaggar

Dimitris Eleftheropoulos, former goalkeeper of Olympiakos has signed a two year deal with Italian team Messina for 500.000 Euros per year. Messina is newly promoted in Seria A.

Eleftheropoulos is leaving tommorow to join Messinas pre-season training.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ele played in the last weekend's game against Bologna...

I saw the highlights. He certainly looked out of shape. The long period of absence has had an effect on him. The two goals that he conceded were silly... especially the first one. But if he starts playing regularly again, he'll be getting better and better...

However I got a feeling that he started missing home already... :unsure:

• 7 months later...

I think this is a bad move for Eleftheropoulos. Why:

1. Dida is very good and he'll be hanging around for awhile (early 30's).

2. AC Milan also have (ex) Italian international Christan Abbiatti on their bench. While I don't think he's very good, he's pretty young and common sense would dictate that he's the 2nd choice keeper and eventual replacement when Dida goes. It's him or someone that can't crack the bench of a mediocore at best team (Messina).

Unless he gets loaned out (possible), this could easily kill his carreer. He might as well come back to Greece.

Don like this at all. <_< :tdown:

I, on the other hand believe that Milan, having all these leagues, cups and European games to fight in will give Dimitris a chance to play.

And even if he wont replace Dida (or will he... Dida is well known for bad periods of mediocre performance) he will be raising his share price in the footballing market.

Dimitris is one of the most tallented Goalkeepers we had who did not work enough to make his talent show.

I hope he will finally grasp this chance and make it to real stardom ... he is worth it and our NT needs a good Eleftheropoulos.

Good luck to the lad

2. AC Milan also have (ex) Italian international Christan Abbiatti on their bench.

1: He will get a chance to play sometime during the season, if he performs well we all know how clubs chase players from teams the likes of AC MILAN.

2: MILAN signed Ele BECAUSE Abbiati was let go (genoa)

BRAVO ELE

2. AC Milan also have (ex) Italian international Christan Abbiatti on their bench. While I don't think he's very good, he's pretty young and common sense would dictate that he's the 2nd choice keeper and eventual replacement when Dida goes. It's him or someone that can't crack the bench of a mediocore at best team (Messina).

Unless he gets loaned out (possible), this could easily kill his carreer. He might as well come back to Greece.

Don like this at all.  <_< :tdown:

abbiati has just signed for another serie a club!

no matter what happends if dida gets injured or are rested(in italian cup games) then ele has a 70% chance of playing first choice!

also ele should get to know a trick or 2 by dida so he might get back on the national side for us

i like the move i wish him luck. he'll get some playing time since Milan have a packed schedule playing CL, serie a and Italian cup he must fit in somewhere. if he changes his attitude i would love to see him on the national team since Nikopolidis is 34 and let's face it Chalkias :tdown:

good luck dude :tup:

OK, didn't know (when I first posted) that Abbiati had signed for Genoa. Though that is a one-year loan deal, if he (Eleftheropoulos) stays longer he could have him to deal with in the future.

Either way, with the appearences he'll get his chance to shine and mabye he'll find a way back into the NT. Though I'm not too optimistic about that becuase I think Otto seems to be set on Sifakis as a long-term replacement for Nikopolidis. Though if Eleftheropoulos can put in a few good years once Nikopolidis is finished, I wouldn't mind.

Best of luck Dimitris :) :gr:

• 3 weeks later...

AC Milan sign Socceroo

From correspondents in Rome

August 13, 2005

AC Milan has signed Australian goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac on a three-year deal, the Italian Serie A club confirmed today.

The Sydney-born Kalac played in the second division last season for Perugia and was off contract.

Kalac, 33, played for Sydney club Sydney United from 1994 to 1996 before spending two seasons in England with Leicester City.

He then had a four year spell in Holland playing for Roda before joining Perugia in 2002.

Advertisement:

Kalac will be third in the pecking order for the goalkeeper's jersey, behind first choice Nelson Dida and Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos.

Agence France-Presse

its ok Kalac will be third choice :tup:

They were some rumors of Ele joining Juventus after Bufon went down, but of course they just signed Abbiati (how ironic)

Ele as a Keeper for Juve ?

that would have been so ironic

basically the team that for the most part ruined his career and now that same team would resurrect it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived