Phantis Forums

Man. Utd. - Panathinaikos

Irlandos

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Scholes and Kleberson are out as well. This should ease the loss of Basinas somewhat. I think that we can make something out of this one as long as we can tame Van Nistelrooy. We can't afford to have Henriksen on him though. If Sanmartean plays and Papadopoulos keeps up his good stuff, we could well tie this one if not better. Tim Howard will not be easy to beat though. He's only allowed 2 goals in his first 5 games for Manchester United...

At least we will get credibility by playing against classy side instead of playing against second rated competition in Champions league.

You want greek soccer to be respected them you got to face giants of europe!

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trelamenos

Good to be back in the CL

Anything can happen in this game, being the first of the group stage. The pressure will all be on Man U. Tim Howard is not as good as everyone says he is. Ive seen him play many times here in the States and he is beatable. Plus, this is his first CL match, so he'll be feeling the pressure.

I think PAO will at least not make it easy for Man U, hopefully they'll do even more than that! :box:

From Bloomberg

Alex Ferguson, manager of English Premiership soccer club Manchester United, talks with reporters in Manchester, England, about the outlook for tomorrow's European Champions League match against Greece's Panathinaikos at Old Trafford

Real Audio feed: Click to listen

Anything can happen in this game, being the first of the group stage. The pressure will all be on Man U. Tim Howard is not as good as everyone says he is. Ive seen him play many times here in the States and he is beatable. Plus, this is his first CL match, so he'll be feeling the pressure.

I think PAO will at least not make it easy for Man U, hopefully they'll do even more than that! :box:

I'm sorry, but I disagree slightly about Tim Howard. Of course he is beatable but remember who is defenders were in New York. Steve Jolley, Kenny Arena, Craig Ziadie...etc. total garbage except for Eddie Pope. They're not Silvestre or the Nevilles, or O'Shea at all. He can be beaten from close range, there's no doubt about it, but he's risen his level tremendously since his move to Manchester United and has adjusted well. He has that American will to succeed and nothing will stop him. Us Yanks are like that. I think his first CL game will obviously have an intense feel to it with the pressure on them as you said, and that may be his/their Achilles heal. I think he will be beaten though. I'm a bit worried about Cristiano Ronaldo though. He was everywhere against Charlton Athletic this week and is seething with confidence. Let's hope Yourka can shut him down!

I think we'll throw everything at them except the kitchen sink and get lucky at one point (or another).

Let's ROCK!! :band:

Anything can happen in this game, being the first of the group stage.  The pressure will all be on Man U.  Tim Howard is not as good as everyone says he is.  Ive seen him play many times here in the States and he is beatable.  Plus, this is his first CL match, so he'll be feeling the pressure.

I think PAO will at least not make it easy for Man U, hopefully they'll do even more than that!  :box:

I'm sorry, but I disagree slightly about Tim Howard. Of course he is beatable but remember who is defenders were in New York. Steve Jolley, Kenny Arena, Craig Ziadie...etc. total garbage except for Eddie Pope. They're not Silvestre or the Nevilles, or O'Shea at all. He can be beaten from close range, there's no doubt about it, but he's risen his level tremendously since his move to Manchester United and has adjusted well. He has that American will to succeed and nothing will stop him. Us Yanks are like that. I think his first CL game will obviously have an intense feel to it with the pressure on them as you said, and that may be his/their Achilles heal. I think he will be beaten though. I'm a bit worried about Cristiano Ronaldo though. He was everywhere against Charlton Athletic this week and is seething with confidence. Let's hope Yourka can shut him down!

I think we'll throw everything at them except the kitchen sink and get lucky at one point (or another).

Let's ROCK!! :band:

Thats true. Maybe its the Fire fan in me that still doesnt like Howard. :D

Archived