Phantis Forums

Fanis Katergiannakis (Iraklis)

Ziaka

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Katergiannakis has been released from his contract by US Cagliari. Apparently he had a clause in his contract that if he played 20 games this season, his contract would have been automatically renewed. After he reached 15 games under the goalposts, the coach stopped using him. Today he was released by the team. there is some interest from Russian based teams.

Go figure... :blink:. Katergiannikis was doing pretty well at Caligari, I mean the experience he got was pretty good. Granted, they gave up a crapload of goals and slipped down about 6 spots on the Serie A table. I don't think his replacement is all that great either :tdown: (some 30 year old Italian I've never heard of. Izzaro sound familiar to anyone?). With Otto probably only needing 2 goalkeepers for qualifiers (Nikopolidis and Halkias), I wasen't really surprised that he didn't get called up. If they need 3 for a tourney (Confed Cup) or someone gets hurt (very unlikely) I think he'd be the 1st keeper Otto called. Is the tranfer window still even open? Any word on the clubs that want him?

Go figure... :blink:. Katergiannikis was doing pretty well at Caligari, I mean the experience he got was pretty good. Granted, they gave up a crapload of goals and slipped down about 6 spots on the Serie A table. I don't think his replacement is all that great either :tdown: (some 30 year old Italian I've never heard of. Izzaro sound familiar to anyone?). With Otto probably only needing 2 goalkeepers for qualifiers (Nikopolidis and Halkias), I wasen't really surprised that he didn't get called up. If they need 3 for a tourney (Confed Cup) or someone gets hurt (very unlikely) I think he'd be the 1st keeper Otto called. Is the tranfer window still even open? Any word on the clubs that want him?

Specifically...only spartak moscow has been named as a team after him. Other than them...just general comments that teams are after him.

• 5 months later...

Cadiz??? I'm very surprised, as I have a Spanish newspaper (June 26th edition of AS) from when I was on vactation in Spain. The cover is actually a huge picture of Dutch goalkeeper Sander Westerveld, saying he is the objective of Cadiz (read main focus of who Cadiz is trying to get). Westerveld has been the long-time backu-up to Dutch GK Edwin Van der Sar (now with Money err Manchester United :angry: :tdown: )

Anyway, mabye that'll fall through or they'll still sign him as cover for Westerveld or whoever they get. Cadiz has been promted to La Liga this year, and hopefully if they get Katerginnakis, he can get some experience and possibly return to the NT (where he was on the Euro 2004 winning squad).

Best of luck Fanis :D :gr: !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived